Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 12:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: EB Games  (Read 9627 times)

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
Re: EB Games
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »

My only beef with EBgames is that I wish they would have better availability on their website. For someone like me who lives many hours drive away from an EBG it would be nice to just order the figures. It is very spotty what they post online.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »

There is one EBGames close to me that's really bad and won't take any pre-orders.  There is another one slightly farther away, but they always accept my orders when I ask them.  For Wolffe, the first store said they cannot do anything until it's released on May 1st and it's first come first serve when it comes in.

The one that I deal with now, even though it's slightly farther, they've always accepted my pre-order.  For Wolffe, I called them right after the first store told me no, but this store just took my info and called me when it arrived.

For Piett, same thing, they took my order.  Both times, I didn't even have to pay the $5 deposit.  But when going to pick up, they checked that I was who I was to make sure someone else isn't buying my figure.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »

as part of the $5 Friday promo, the Chewbacca blanket that is regular $30 is on for $5. Online and instore.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/743691/star-wars-chewbacca-blanket

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2018, 08:57:43 PM »

If the last few posts indicate anything, it's that EB Games is eating TRU's lunch these past 2 months (especially if you collect both Marvel Legends and SW 6").

I had both Piett and The Thing in my bag the other day, was headed off to TRU because the TRU director (for all of the Ontario stores I think, not Canada-wide) had been popping up at my local store lately just to show him that TRU needed to step up their game right now, unless they wanted to lose a ton of business to EB. 

I'd say that people should send the same message to their nearest TRU, since it sounds like all the TRUs are suffering from the lack of new toys problem (I haven't seen any new NECA stuff at any of my TRUs either).

Given our collecting situation has been way better than the US is solely because of EB in many cases, but also because we do still have TRUs alive in our country, it should be important to inform TRU that they can't just sit back and breathe a sigh of relief because of Fairfax, they need to get new product on their shelves NOW if they want collectors to help keep them alive.

I'm giving TRU a bit of a pass right now, as I assume they've got some re-organizing to do within the company as well as likely some restructuring of supply chains, etc. However, that grace period is going to run out really quick. August/September is traditionally when resets are done in the toy department, and if TRU doesn't come out guns blazing for the Christmas season, I think a lot of collectors will write them off. And who knows? Maybe TRU re-evaluates their target market and decides that the adult collector isn't worth it for them. Seems like Walmart has already decided that.

But if TRU decides to stay in the game, they need to re-think their stock purchase strategy. They need to limit the quantity of both exclusives and regular-release figures. Too often they will over-order on a wave and it will sit there forever. The collector market isn't as big as it once was, and those that are left are a lot more choosy than we used to be. There's still money to be made but it has to be done smartly. EB seems to be doing it right for the most part - while a limited number of figures per store can be frustrating if you're trying to chase one down, it keeps the line from clogging their pegs and keeps the stock flowing. They're also a lot quicker to clearance stuff out, and at significant discounts as well. TRU has always been slow with that.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2018, 11:58:58 PM »

Walked into EB Games today and they were unpacking series 2 of the Vintage Collection. I picked up Han and Enfys. The hair on Han was glued weird so I am going to peel it and reglue it. The Enfys is nicely done but I was hoping the helmet came off with an alternative head underneath. Oh well.

They had all the rest, including the Tank Driver, but I really only wanted Han and Enfys.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2018, 01:42:43 AM »

737973 is the number for Bespin Escape Leia. On the fence for this. I like the Hoth one better but like this one's headsculpt better. I might just take my chances on this one as I have recently still been able to find Piett at EB so I'm hoping she wont sell out right away like Wolffe.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »

thanks for the sku, will have to pop in and pre order. still wondering when they are going to get the molluck one in. pre order that one in july
With Wookie Rage

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2018, 09:10:49 AM »

thanks for the sku, will have to pop in and pre order. still wondering when they are going to get the molluck one in. pre order that one in july
I have heard the date of October 1st. Float around for the approximate release date of this preorder (probably Moloch).
 :sw2:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »

Was able to preorder this even today - September 26 - with $0 down. It's not too late in case you're worried about missing this figure like I was!  :luke:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »

Was able to buy this today. Store had like 6 of them so I  was able to choose the best one.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2018, 11:44:38 AM »

Called one store on Thursday and they were presold out of their allotment of Leia. Popped into another location yesterday and they had presold 5 of their 7 so was able to get one of their two left. The guy was commenting on how the black series exclusives have been flying out the door, pretty much preselling out in most cases.

Nice figure. 

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »

Too bad they put the date stamp on the leg. It seems so pro pounced on her. I also noticed her torso doesn't seem to fit properly. Unless she's bent back a little, theres a gap. I do like the figure though. She stands really solidly too even though she has small feet with heels.

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »

Anyone been able to preorder the 6 black series imperial patrol trooper from eBgames yet?

headstone

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2018, 05:09:35 PM »

has anyone that pre ordered Leia or Moloch received a call from their stores yet?

I called mine during the week and they haven't received either.  I asked if the pre order would mean i would get it and the guy said yes.  If they didn't receive it they would do an in store transfer for it (not sure if that is true or not).

I didn't know about the patrol trooper pre-order so will need to ask about that one too :)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »

No call here either
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171944
  • Total Topics: 14474
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 10
Total: 11

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 44 queries.