Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 12:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Wal-Mart.ca Updates  (Read 24765 times)

Artaban

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart.ca Updates
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2018, 05:39:27 AM »

Hello

Well, the last Black Series wave of the year is finally at Walmart.ca. Got yours while you can  :fett:

Black Series 6-inch Dengar
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-dengar-figure/6000199005109

Black Series 6-inch Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-princess-leia-organa-hoth-figure/6000199007323

Black Series 6-inch Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-lando-calrissian-skiff-guard-disguise-figure/6000199005471

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. Dengar is already sold out and Lando "limited stock". I managed to get an order in for the two.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 07:24:02 AM by Darth Cujo »

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2018, 10:19:04 PM »

crap. need dengar. hopefully goes back up for sale
With Wookie Rage

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2018, 06:17:03 AM »

I created a shopping list with Dengar & Leia on it - hopefully the notices work & I'll get my order placed the next time they're briefly in stock.  :luke: :luke: :luke:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »

I ordered mine off a seller on Ebay that I deal with.  He gave me a great deal on the ones I wanted which were Val, Rio, and Leia.  Came out to cheaper than Walmart, but that was for me and I didn't want Dengar or Lando, so maybe that's why he was able to give it to me for the price I paid.  They were $30 CDN shipped so there's no point for me to buy it at Walmart.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 08, 2018, 08:14:42 AM »

Sweet deal!

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 08, 2018, 03:54:54 PM »

Hope it's okay to post this on the Wal-Mart.ca thread, but has anyone else noticed that their local Wal-Mart has not restocked the Star Wars section at all for Christmas? Maybe it's just where I live, but it's been a long time since there was anything new.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »

Hope it's okay to post this on the Wal-Mart.ca thread, but has anyone else noticed that their local Wal-Mart has not restocked the Star Wars section at all for Christmas? Maybe it's just where I live, but it's been a long time since there was anything new.

I've been to 4 different Walmarts in my area: Dorval, Pointe-Claire, Kirkland, and St.Laurent. None have significantly restocked in months. All that's been added have been a few Vandor-1 sets, and the Solo Tie Fighter. It's still either the leftovers from Solo wave 1 or 2 at all of them. Wave 3 never made it out it seems and Wave 4 is still nowhere to be seen. I'm even seeing the odd TFA figure popping up at each of the 4 locations.

:fett:

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2018, 06:03:59 PM »

For the most part I have not seen much of anything new in most Walmart’s around western Ontario.  I was very lucky to find Wave 19 of the six inch black series (with Hoth Leia and Val, Rio, Etc) in one store, and also the latest Solo wave (with Tobias, L3-37, Mimban Han,Val and Rio) at my local store and a few remnants at another.  But that’s been it for any sign of new stuff for m.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »

Same here in east end of the GTA (Toronto). Walmarts dropped wave 1 solo around May/June , wave 2 barely in August, wave 3 has only been on Amazon.ca none at Walmart. Then the second set of two packs hit once or twice  in early October. Wave 4 hit once around the gta around Halloween and never again. Only Amazon has wave 4 lately. And they are still toggling in and out. (Mud Han and Quay Tolsite aswell)
TRU only got wave 2
EBgames has been the place for me for both TVC and 6".

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2018, 08:12:27 PM »

Same here in east end of the GTA (Toronto). Walmarts dropped wave 1 solo around May/June , wave 2 barely in August, wave 3 has only been on Amazon.ca none at Walmart. Then the second set of two packs hit once or twice  in early October. Wave 4 hit once around the gta around Halloween and never again. Only Amazon has wave 4 lately. And they are still toggling in and out. (Mud Han and Quay Tolsite aswell)
TRU only got wave 2

Walmart stores in my area received all 4 waves of 5POA. Only the 4th wave appeared only at 2 stores around mid-October, and only once. No restock at all past October.

For the TVC wave 3 (Range Trooper wave), again at Walmart stores around October 23rd, but no restock since then.

Basically, November has been very dry regarding Star Wars stock at both WM and TRU. And I had a chance to take a peek at the backstore at one of the Walmart stores I usually go and I can tell you we're not close to see anything new appear on the pegs: their stock room is filled with boxes and boxes of toys. A lot of Hasbro boxes, but none are Star Wars, mostly Hungry Hippo board games and nerf stuff. No SW figures seen at all.

Hasbro has more than likely dropped the ball regarding Canadian retail. It's more than obvious to me that we will not see new stuff for XMas. Hasbro may be sitting with loads of stuff at the Canadian warehouse, my guess is that retail stores decided to pass on these and they will probably reallocate stuff to their USA banners. I doubt we will see the TVC Mimban trooper and WM Exclusive Tie Fighter, the later having been spotted abundantly in the USA for the past 3-4 weeks now.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2018, 10:54:56 PM »

Nothing in BC either. The last wave of BS was Beckett wave and only one case at a time. Lots of Han,  Lando and Qi'Ra though. Only saw VC wave two at EBGames. The only thing they seem to be updated is the 5 POA figures.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »

TRU only got wave 2

Walmart stores in my area received all 4 waves of 5POA. Only the 4th wave appeared only at 2 stores around mid-October, and only once. No restock at all past October.

For the TVC wave 3 (Range Trooper wave), again at Walmart stores around October 23rd, but no restock since then.

Basically, November has been very dry regarding Star Wars stock at both WM and TRU. And I had a chance to take a peek at the backstore at one of the Walmart stores I usually go and I can tell you we're not close to see anything new appear on the pegs: their stock room is filled with boxes and boxes of toys. A lot of Hasbro boxes, but none are Star Wars, mostly Hungry Hippo board games and nerf stuff. No SW figures seen at all.

Hasbro has more than likely dropped the ball regarding Canadian retail. It's more than obvious to me that we will not see new stuff for XMas. Hasbro may be sitting with loads of stuff at the Canadian warehouse, my guess is that retail stores decided to pass on these and they will probably reallocate stuff to their USA banners. I doubt we will see the TVC Mimban trooper and WM Exclusive Tie Fighter, the later having been spotted abundantly in the USA for the past 3-4 weeks now.

Really JediPatrick, you seen wave 3 of solo 5poa. I figured Walmart just skipped that one. Mostly repacks, but I wouldn't mind finding a few more Orange Pauldren FO Stormtroopers.
And sadly I think your right about us not getting the TVC tie fighter :(
I guess there's always ebay.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2018, 09:32:20 AM »

Walmart.ca has the Rebel Fleet Trooper instock now if anyone is still needing him. $29.92  :P

Link:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wars-the-black-series-rebel-fleet-trooper-6-inch-scale-figure/6000198761920

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 19, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »

Really JediPatrick, you seen wave 3 of solo 5poa. I figured Walmart just skipped that one. Mostly repacks, but I wouldn't mind finding a few more Orange Pauldren FO Stormtroopers.
And sadly I think your right about us not getting the TVC tie fighter :(
I guess there's always ebay.

No, sorry, haven't seen 5POA Solo wave 3 (featuring Luke Jedi, Rey, Vader and the FO Stormtrooper Commander). I got it from Kaia Boutique, so I can tell you Hasbro Canada did get that wave in their warehouse. But retail stores maybe just pass on it. Or maybe they're just not accepting SW figures anymore.

I did find Solo 5POA Wave 4 (Beckett, Val, Rio Durant, Quay Tolsite, L3-37 and Han Mudtrooper), like said.

And TVC Wave 3 (Range Trooper, Luke TLJ, Cassian Andor, Dr Aphra, as well as repacks of Han Solo from his Solo movie, as well as the Tank Driver) was found as well.

Today, I've seen the new wave of Transformers Toys (Siege of Cybertron) in a center aisle display at 2 ddifferent Walmart locations. Optimus Prime, Megatron, Sideswipe, Hound, Flywheels and another bot I don't really know), as well as the 3 sets of Micromasters and the Targetmaster weapons.

I was expecting a similar display for new Star Wars stuff, but I begin to despair and believe retail stores are trying to stay away from the brand due to its lack of success. Maybe they don't understand that putting repacks on the pegs is not what's helping to get product moving. Putting new stuff would greatly help. But they fail to understand. My 2018 XMas will be without new SW stuff for me this year it seems... very disappointing... : :shakehead:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173473
  • Total Topics: 14532
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 44 queries.