Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 03:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

23 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Wal-Mart.ca Updates  (Read 22996 times)

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart.ca Updates
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2018, 10:21:01 AM »

Maybe they don't understand that putting repacks on the pegs is not what's helping to get product moving. Putting new stuff would greatly help. But they fail to understand.

It's how they do business with Hasbro.  Walmart doesn't order "wave 3" specific boxes.  When they hit their limiter (the number that says they need to order more 5POA figs), they order more from Hasbro.  Hasbro sends them what they have.  If Hasbro keeps sending wave 2, that's what they get.  It's dumb really, - but I can't fault Walmart that much for getting wave after wave of the same stuff from Hasbro.  I guess they could hire someone for each and every toy line to make sure they are getting refreshed waves but I don't think that expectation is realistic in any way.

The problem is more complex.  Hasbro needs to make so much of any one figure to keep costs down, but can no longer sell that much SW stuff with lack of demand.   Raising the price so they can lower the production numbers (and therefore have less pag-warmers) also won't work, because it'll just cause less toys to be bought.

The only solution is there must be a price adjustment in their costs (downward) so they can adjust the production numbers downward and still make the same money.  That means either at the factory or, as many people hope, not paying Disney quite the same $$$ for the rights next time. 

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »

To add to this, Hasbro sends to Walmart's warehouse what they have in stock.  They may send to Walmart Waves 1 all the way to 3, but then the Walmart distribution center would ship out however many cases to the Walmart stores that re-ordered.  That's why you get some stores constantly getting the same wave 2 or 3 times in a row really quickly, and then some other store finally gets a restock and it's the latest wave.

It's just random what the warehouse sends out.

For  TRU they do separate the SKN number for different waves in some cases, such that they have a different SKN number for the Rogue One wave with Cassian and Jyn than the ones used for the TLJ waves.

However, I don't know if they order based on that or do they just ask for a case of Star Wars Black Series 6" and they just get whatever the warehouse sends them or if they order by SKN.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2018, 11:41:46 PM »

It's so clear to see where the logjams occur, based on our collective understanding of the shipping/ordering/warehousing situation - but it never changes. It's like they don't have any realization that us, as consumers, want FRESH BLOODY STOCK. Why on earth do they continue to create log jams at the warehouse stage? Why don't the retailers know enough to force their hand and make the send the freshest stuff available?

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »

It's so clear to see where the logjams occur, based on our collective understanding of the shipping/ordering/warehousing situation - but it never changes. It's like they don't have any realization that us, as consumers, want FRESH BLOODY STOCK. Why on earth do they continue to create log jams at the warehouse stage? Why don't the retailers know enough to force their hand and make the send the freshest stuff available?

Eh, it's a little like traffic light problems.  Yeah, you can get smarter traffic lights, and that might make things better during non-rush hours, but that doesn't mean there are less cars on the road at the time the traffic is heavy.

There just needs to be an adjustment on the Star Wars brand.  It obviously still popular, but not what it once was, and I suspect Hasbro is producing like it once was because Disney charged them for what it once was.

But the problem seems pretty widespread. TO be fair, Walmart has done a much better job than Toys R Us.  At least Wal-mart from timt to time is getting new waves in.

Speaking of which, I saw 5POA Val, L3-37 and Rio at a Wally in GTA yesterday.  I don't follow 5POA much - what wave is that?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »

It's been years though, literally since 1999-2002, when the epI glut sat there for 3 years on clearance & we couldn't get the sio bibble/swimming jar jar wave here. You would think that someone would care - and if not care at least notice - that the product wasn't selling through because it was OLD.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:01 PM »

Just look at the At-St, it's still $79.97 and still never went on sale.  They just seem out of touch regarding stock sometimes.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »

Just look at the At-St, it's still $79.97 and still never went on sale.  They just seem out of touch regarding stock sometimes.

I've been watching this too. Mind boggling.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2019, 08:20:52 PM »

I noticed Walmart.ca has their Black series 6" figures all marked down to $19 each.
Which indicates to me that the $5-$10 blow out maybe just around the corner. Like the past three years.

PS - Happy Belated Birthday JJReason!😀👍🎂

Tuesday evening!!!
4lom is now available on Walmart.ca for $19.97 (a harder figure to find, even though it's a year old)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:15:50 PM by DarthDerek »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »

Thank you! Between Avengers, Game of Thrones, Free Comic Book Day & whatever the hell else has been going on... turning 47 wasn't too bad. :D

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2019, 10:16:58 PM »

I noticed Walmart.ca has their Black series 6" figures all marked down to $19 each.
Which indicates to me that the $5-$10 blow out maybe just around the corner. Like the past three years.

Tuesday evening!!!
4lom is now available on Walmart.ca for $19.97 (a harder figure to find, even though it's a year old)
4lom now available $19.97

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »

Tuesday evening!!!
4lom now available $19.97

sold out

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »

Did you get one or want one Mike?  I can help.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2019, 12:52:02 PM »

I'm looking for 4LOM an Dengar.  Never ever saw those 2 in person. :(

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2019, 09:49:31 PM »

I'm looking for 4LOM an Dengar.  Never ever saw those 2 in person. :(
I'll let you know if my order comes through Cal. :u:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173178
  • Total Topics: 14522
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 23
Total: 24

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 45 queries.