Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2021, 10:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down

Author Topic: ToysRUs.ca Updates  (Read 88767 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: ToysRUs.ca Updates
« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »

If anyone ends up with any extras of the 6" Clone Wars figures, I and a couple friends would be interested. We were on'y able to get pre-orders in for some of them, and they've never shown up in store locally.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:27:29 AM by Wedge1021 »

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 07, 2021, 07:33:45 PM »

ToysíRíUs just cancelled my order for the Retro Boba Fett Prototype Edition.  Just a little disappointing.

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 07, 2021, 07:59:14 PM »

My retro boba has shipped.  Question for everyone: Do you consider proto boba and proto vader part of the retro collection.  I think I only ordered him to be a completist for the retro collection but I dont even have proto vader? :sign0065:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:05:43 PM by Darth Chadus »

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 07, 2021, 09:46:13 PM »

Received my shipping notification for retro proto Fett.

:snowtroopers:
#FightForTVC

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

bishop

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • Newly registered to snowtroopers.ca...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 07, 2021, 10:22:17 PM »

I consider it as an odditie, like my ski google pilot luke. Something fun to play with.

My retro boba has shipped.  Question for everyone: Do you consider proto boba and proto vader part of the retro collection.  I think I only ordered him to be a completist for the retro collection but I dont even have proto vader? :sign0065:

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2021, 06:33:02 AM »

I'd think of them as a sub line.   Similar to the Gaming Greats, part of TVC, but a set of 4 to themselves.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2021, 08:16:48 AM »

I consider them part of the retro collection. They'll always appear on any figure lists in the "Exclusives" section, but they're on the list.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2021, 05:33:31 PM »

My two arrived. In a small box but they were put in at an angle so they came in perfect shape. Very heavy card stock on the card back so that certainly helped. Looks like a double layer like the old POTF2 EU figures.

As for it being part of the retro or Vintage Collection. I'd say no. There is no reference to either series on the packaging. The packaging doesn't fit in with the retro horrid fake weathering. And it is way glossier than the regular vintage collection. To me this and the previous Vader are stand alone one off items. Definitely cool but not a hole in the collection if you don't have one. Of course now that I have the Fett I wish I had the Vader.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2021, 10:25:52 PM »

As for it being part of the retro or Vintage Collection. I'd say no. There is no reference to either series on the packaging. The packaging doesn't fit in with the retro horrid fake weathering. And it is way glossier than the regular vintage collection. To me this and the previous Vader are stand alone one off items. Definitely cool but not a hole in the collection if you don't have one. Of course now that I have the Fett I wish I had the Vader.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Agreed on this. It's hard enough getting hold of all the exclusives that ARE part of those lines, I don't need to make it harder by including the rainbow figures. They are one-off oddities, something that would be a Con exclusive during normal times. It sucked that Hasbro included the Mouse Droid and Salacious Crumb figures as numbered entries in the VC lineup, glad they did not give these an official connection.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2021, 09:19:22 AM »

Yeah that was a really short sighted and inconsiderate thing to do when they numbered the mouse Droid and crumb. I actually don't care one iota about the numbering, since I gave up on being a vintage collection completist ages ago. When the "regular" releases like Jango fett and death star escape luke didn't even come to Canada, and the likes of Nom Anor (who??) and Shae Vizla (again, who?) never released in Canada and had instant secondary market values that were unreasonable, well I dropped my completism to OT only. I do also get lots of others that I like, like Mando characters, Jango (found him on a peg at Walmart in South Carolina). But OT is my main focus. And even though numbers mean nothing to me, the mouse Droid and salacious are holes in my collection.

Anyway, Boba is a nice one off as far as I'm concerned.

bishop

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2021, 05:51:23 AM »

And it just got weirder... Toysrus sent me an email about my cancelled order saying that I will be able to reorder it end of july. They will contact me. It's weird, let see how it will develop...

And you know what... I just got a shipping notice w tracking. I am so confused right now. Toys r Us is really weird. I hope you can reorder it without cancellation.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
    • Quinte Star Wars
« Reply #446 on: July 14, 2021, 06:40:10 AM »

mine gets even weird, got the email too, then local toys rus phone me saying the should have my order in next week and would call me to pick it up then few hours later i get a shipping notice from tru saying it has been shipped out
With Wookie Rage

Visit my website
https://bobafett108.wixsite.com/quintestarwars

bishop

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2021, 11:17:36 AM »

Wow, this is really weird!  :speechless-smiley-004: Glad to hear they went for shipping without any hassle.

mine gets even weird, got the email too, then local toys rus phone me saying the should have my order in next week and would call me to pick it up then few hours later i get a shipping notice from tru saying it has been shipped out

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
    • Quinte Star Wars
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2021, 04:22:39 PM »

shipping it Canpar so it may be not so hassle free lol. i am hoping send in a box not a bubble envelope .
With Wookie Rage

Visit my website
https://bobafett108.wixsite.com/quintestarwars

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2021, 08:58:28 AM »

TRU called me yesterday afternoon to say they had my Prototype Boba Fett and that I could come and pick it up.  I showed her the email they sent me when they originally cancelled my order, asked her if it was still any good, and she gave me 40% off the figure right away.  Saved 8 bucks!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175370
  • Total Topics: 14461
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 43 queries.