Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 09:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: ToysRUs.ca Updates  (Read 21183 times)

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: ToysRUs.ca Updates
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »

I grabbed a full set of 6 Retro figures at TRU Kitchener today.  Last case 3 of three they had just gotten in.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »

My TVC Hans showed up in an oversized box with no packing material whatsoever. The tape across the top of the box was not affixed to the side, meaning I could have literally reach into the gap & pulled the figures out one by one without actually opening the box. All that being said, they didn't get too dinged up - just by pure luck.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »

Thats how my Luke came as well.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2019, 11:56:53 PM »

Retro figures seem to have disappeared from the website now.  :~/~:

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »

I found half of a case of wave 2 of the Archive figures at my local TRU today... Anakin, Yoda. Maul and the Scout Trooper. They rang up at 29.99 (eventually - at first they weren’t in the system).

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2019, 09:46:03 PM »

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »

Toys R Us Canada has updated their return policy. As of August 01st, 2019, they are only allowing returns up to 30 days now, and you need to have the original receipt.  They will no longer issue store credit without a receipt.

I honestly think this is a good business decision.  This will insure that fraudulent people won't buy cheap from one store and return it to Toys R Us for a higher store credit amount.  I want Toys R Us to stay in Canada for a long time. Hold on to receipts and/or get a gift receipt as well.  They will still allow for a price adjustment for those 30 days.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2019, 11:47:17 PM »

I agree, they were getting abused I'm sure. Hopefully this helps them stay in the black up here. Thanks for providing us with the info as I'm sure some folks will be feverishly checking receipt dates upon reading it.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2019, 12:45:56 AM »

They will still allow for a price adjustment for those 30 days.

The lowest price guarantee/price match is now 14 days based on the sign that I read off at a TRU store this past weekend. From 45 days down to 14 days... that's not good.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2019, 09:31:51 AM »

Up to a couple years ago I virtually never paid full price for anything that came to regular retail. I took advantage of toys r us liberal return policies. Totally above board but I used it and used it well.

However with the lack and total inconsistency  of product hitting retail shelves I have shifted my expectations. I no longer expect to pay sale price and only consider it a bonus if I do get something on sale. I've resigned myself to paying mostly retail price for the stuff I want. So this change won't cost me too much in the long run.

One thing I have always found annoying is that the adjustment time frame is not the same as the return time frame. Someone can just go in and rebuy something on sale and walk out and walk back in and return the item on the old receipt. More work for everyone.  The only time it matters is when something is completely sold out. I suppose that happens often enough that it's worth their while to have 2 different time frames.  But it's annoying. And now that the return window is shorter why not just make them the same?

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »

This is all very interesting!
I have talked to my local Tru employees and managers and they are well aware of the Scalpers out there, that constantly return things on the last days of their receipt just because they couldn’t resell it. But then buy it again to start the process all over again.
After reading here the news, I glanced at their return policy online.  It looks like I/we all have a reason to sign up for their TRU CLUB CARD.  BECAUSE if you purchase at flash the card you will have up tp 90 days to return. But this will allow them to track your history. :P

Here is a copy and paste from their website :
What is the Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us return label?
Returns or Exchanges will be given within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt, except as stated below.

RClub Members are eligible for an extended Policy and may Return or Exchange within 90 days of the purchase date with the original receipt and membership card, except as stated below.

For a Return or Exchange, all products must be unused, in original packaging, in resalable condition and with the original receipt.

We do not accept Returns or Exchanges without the original receipt.

No returns or exchanges on Toys R Us Canada or Babies R Us Canada gift cards, other gift cards, game cards or digital downloads.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2019, 09:35:50 AM »

Up to a couple years ago I virtually never paid full price for anything that came to regular retail. I took advantage of toys r us liberal return policies. Totally above board but I used it and used it well.

However with the lack and total inconsistency  of product hitting retail shelves I have shifted my expectations. I no longer expect to pay sale price and only consider it a bonus if I do get something on sale. I've resigned myself to paying mostly retail price for the stuff I want. So this change won't cost me too much in the long run.

One thing I have always found annoying is that the adjustment time frame is not the same as the return time frame. Someone can just go in and rebuy something on sale and walk out and walk back in and return the item on the old receipt. More work for everyone.  The only time it matters is when something is completely sold out. I suppose that happens often enough that it's worth their while to have 2 different time frames.  But it's annoying. And now that the return window is shorter why not just make them the same?

100%. The same as you DarthCujo... 100%

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2019, 10:38:32 AM »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2019, 12:11:37 PM »

That sucks that they won't do Amazon.ca anymore and clearance items.

iWookiee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2019, 09:11:40 AM »

I found out this week TRU won't price match an item if the "sale price" is in their system as "clearance". 6" Storm Luke is $19.98 as clearance price. So was Storm Han TVC at $9.98, also clearance. To get price reduction on TRU online purchase I made 2 weeks ago, I had to buy instore then return online ones.
There is ALWAYS another way!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174222
  • Total Topics: 14555
  • Online Today: 151
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 27
Total: 30

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 45 queries.