Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 11:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

208 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: ToysRUs.ca Updates  (Read 32727 times)

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Re: ToysRUs.ca Updates
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2020, 10:41:41 AM »

The others were up on their website but were sold out almost immediately!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2020, 11:45:37 AM »

Yoda is still up & available too, not sure exactly which figures were with which waves though...

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Yoda-Figure/345CD9FB.html

Darth Vicious

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2020, 07:17:45 PM »

-Darth Vicious  :maul:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2020, 08:11:18 PM »

Yoda is still up & available too, not sure exactly which figures were with which waves though...

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Yoda-Figure/345CD9FB.html

Here are the figures:

BS 6'' ESB 40th Wave 1:
- 1x Yoda
- 1x Luke Bespin
- 1x Han Bespin
- 1x Leia Hoth
- 1x AT-AT Driver

Each box contains 5 figures, one of each.

Wave 2 consists of:
- 1x  Lando Calrissian
- 1x Hoth Rebel Trooper
- 1x R2-D2 (Dagobah)
- 1x Luke Snowspeeder Pilot
- 1x Tie Fighter Pilot
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2020, 08:05:49 AM »

Thank you, Patrick, that will help me know which waves I "almost" found when I see one figure left on the pegs!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »

Thank you, Patrick, that will help me know which waves I "almost" found when I see one figure left on the pegs!

:)`

One of the WM stores nearby has received at least 6 cases of the first wave and most are still warming the pegs after 2 weeks. The other store nearby only one box. Distribution is still an ongoing nightmare.

It's more than obvious that no one wants these. They are repacks and they are way to expensive. Figures with barely no accessories going for 30$ is way too much for many people. Star Wars is pretty much dead at retail and seeing all the Black Series figures always warming the pegs, much more than any TVC wave has done so far, is catastrophic. Despite all the bulls**t Hasbro is trying to pull on us, making us believe the 6'' line is successful and trying to force us to consider this as the "collectors" avenue, Black Series has been jamming the pegs everywhere I see them. They are the retail stores' nightmare, much worse than TPM TVC wave back in 2012. Even going at half the price, they still jam the pegs. Tehy are big, likeliness is deficient, lack the accessories... what's to love about these? Anyway... I feel SW is pretty much dead and seeing those BS clogging the pegs is not helping at all...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2020, 10:55:02 AM »

I think that's a pretty isolated situation - the vintage carded 6" figures are flying here in Ontario, I saw my first ones just today after about 20 store visits. I have no doubt they'll be gone within 48hrs.

They are repacks, but the allure of the over-sized cards is great. I am purchasing some (more than I should be) with a view towards trying to sell my previously owned versions to recoup some of the money. We'll see how that goes.  :mad0218:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »

:)`

One of the WM stores nearby has received at least 6 cases of the first wave and most are still warming the pegs after 2 weeks. The other store nearby only one box. Distribution is still an ongoing nightmare.

It's more than obvious that no one wants these. They are repacks and they are way to expensive. Figures with barely no accessories going for 30$ is way too much for many people. Star Wars is pretty much dead at retail and seeing all the Black Series figures always warming the pegs, much more than any TVC wave has done so far, is catastrophic. Despite all the bulls**t Hasbro is trying to pull on us, making us believe the 6'' line is successful and trying to force us to consider this as the "collectors" avenue, Black Series has been jamming the pegs everywhere I see them. They are the retail stores' nightmare, much worse than TPM TVC wave back in 2012. Even going at half the price, they still jam the pegs. Tehy are big, likeliness is deficient, lack the accessories... what's to love about these? Anyway... I feel SW is pretty much dead and seeing those BS clogging the pegs is not helping at all...

One Walmart had like 4 or 5 cases, but no Luke at all.  He seems to be the hot one, probably cause he's the only one with anything new.  I usually see Yoda and Leia and even the At-At Driver hanging around.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »

One of the WM stores nearby has received at least 6 cases of the first wave and most are still warming the pegs after 2 weeks. The other store nearby only one box. Distribution is still an

One Walmart had like 4 or 5 cases, but no Luke at all.  He seems to be the hot one, probably cause he's the only one with anything new.

I have both in front of me & I'm not sure I'd call the new Luke head "an improvement" per se. It's different & I want to keep the vintage carded version so it's an easy choice that way.... but based on face alone I don't see the big deal.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175385
  • Total Topics: 14604
  • Online Today: 249
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 208
Total: 210

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 45 queries.