Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2020, 05:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

204 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon.ca Updates  (Read 29312 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.ca Updates
« Reply #255 on: February 29, 2020, 07:12:01 PM »

Anything new with the figures in the 6" vintage packaging? I have them all in their original black boxes & I'm going to save my $ for the Snowspeeder unless there's something significant I'm missing.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 29, 2020, 10:46:36 PM »

Anything new with the figures in the 6" vintage packaging? I have them all in their original black boxes & I'm going to save my $ for the Snowspeeder unless there's something significant I'm missing.

Updated face paints on Luke Bespin, Lando, and I suppose Luke Snowspeeder is kinda a new figure.  R2 is painted dirty to resemble his Dagobah look.

Hoth Rebel Soldier is a totally new figure. 

That's about it really - everything else is either masked (and therefore no new photoreal is needed) or already came out with photoreal paint apps

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2020, 11:15:09 PM »

Updated face paints on Luke Bespin, Lando, and I suppose Luke Snowspeeder is kinda a new figure.  R2 is painted dirty to resemble his Dagobah look.

They said that Snowspeeder Pilot Luke is an all-new figure as well, and shares no parts with X-Wing Pilot Luke.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2020, 05:41:50 AM »

I'm in for snowspeeder luke & the rebel soldier for sure. Was hoping for a slightly..... less green yoda but he looks the same. I think I'm good with the faces on my Luke, lando, leia & han but I guess I'll take a look to confirm before I pass on these.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:25 AM »

I'm in for snowspeeder luke & the rebel soldier for sure. Was hoping for a slightly..... less green yoda but he looks the same. I think I'm good with the faces on my Luke, lando, leia & han but I guess I'll take a look to confirm before I pass on these.
JJ, there is a TRU exclusive coming that will have a ESB Luke and Yoda Training box set 6. Just FYI

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »

Interesting, thank you. I'm not 100 percent thrilled with either of those figures so any updates might get my $.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »

The new wave of BS figures are up on Amazon for pre order now.  For the Rebels, they only have Zeb and Kanan. 

I'm waiting for Sabine though cause fo the new face print tech.  Not sure if I care enough about Kanan to get him again.  Ezra already had the digital face print so I can pass.  I just don't know if I see enough of a difference on Hera and Ashoka to care about getting those again. 
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 29, 2020, 11:31:24 AM »

I pre-ordered these minus the Vader. I just feel like I have a million Vaders and a bunch in this line already. I lean towards being a completist but sometimes I just get exhausted. Same goes for the photo real. At $30 a pop I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a figure I already own. Unless it is a Stormtrooper or army builder, you can never have enough of those. LOL.

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 29, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »

The Vintage Collection The Mandalorian Imperial Troop Transport is on for 20% off on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VJJ7YMK/

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2020, 10:54:02 AM »

I remember seeing a comment about pre-ordering from amazon & the free shipping vs not free shipping situation - can anyone provide further details?

Specifics - I want to pre-order Dagobah R2 & would like to add to the order to qualify for free shipping, but it just wants me to check out & pay for shipping. Do I add something else to the cart first? Anyone figured out a work around for preordering?

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »

Darth Derek has worked out a system to get multiple purchases on a single order and get free shipping for each item even if they have different delivery dates.  You might want to message him to get the details.
In essence each time you put an item in the basket, you have to go back to the item listings and put another item in your basket until you have met the $35 minimum to qualify for free shipping. It will ask you which shipping option you want, then you have to click on the free shipping option.  Even if you have three or four items in your basket you have to click on the free shipping for EACH item before you check out.  Its a bit tricky and time consuming but it is worth it.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2020, 01:15:55 PM »

It really isn't any different than ordering anything on amazon, whether in stock or pre-order. Just put enough into your cart so you're over the $35. At checkout, like OMB said, is where it gets a little convoluted. Due to different possible shipping dates they separate items in your cart during checkout, so for each item you have to select your shipping method. It tends to default to a paid or Prime shipping option. But as long as your cart is over $35 you can choose free shipping for each separated item(s)/shipments. They sometimes group a couple items together based on ship dates.

And in my experience they tend to ship them as they come into stock, and not wait for everything at once.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »

My issue with preorder is that it doesn't seem to have an option to put anything else in the cart before checking out. It wants me to pre-order each item separately & choose shipping every time - free shipping is never one of the options because none of the items on their own are over the $35.  :(

EDITED: Ok, after going back to amazon to see what I had missed, I found that both R2 & TIE pilot were still in my cart from my previous browsing session, meaning I could preorder them both together & get the free shipping. It's as though going into the preorder screen put the items in my cart automatically as I never hit an "add to cart" button during the process. Not sure if this will help anyone else but just in case, I'm detailing what happened here.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:16:18 PM by jjreason »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »

I just tested it to see what happens. I see what you mean, I tried a $30 pre-order item and it took me right to the finalize my order page. And with nothing else in my cart the free shipping wasn't available. So I backed out of there then went back to my cart and the pre-order item was in there. I could then add other things to my cart to get free shipping. And then the process is as I described it above. So it seems it's trying to force you to go through with the order, but you can work around it. Just need to back out to add stuff to the cart.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175353
  • Total Topics: 14604
  • Online Today: 287
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 204
Total: 206

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 45 queries.