Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2020, 03:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

206 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon.ca Updates  (Read 57493 times)

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
Re: New Figures on Amazon.ca
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2020, 12:09:21 PM »

With Wookie Rage

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2020, 01:47:35 PM »

I like the carbon freezing playset, but I donít know where I would put it. If I was still 9 or 10 I would sure be wishing for one for Christmas though! No Chirrut up for pre order yet? I think I can justify that expense a little more!

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »

im waiting see if goes on sale myself. 75 seems a lot for 1 figure and some plastic
With Wookie Rage

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »

I think I am going to pass on the Carbon Freezing Chamber. It seems underwhelming especially for $75.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2020, 04:39:59 PM »

I feel the same way.  I don't even think I'd get it if it went down to $50 cause I'd still have to get 2 to complete the look.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 24, 2020, 07:41:30 AM »

I have a question about pre-ordering from Amazon. If I pre-order figures that have the same release date, will I still get free shipping? It seems like I can only pre-order one at a time rather than sticking them in the cart and ordering them all together. Iím hoping I donít have to pay full shipping fees for each individual figure.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 24, 2020, 08:58:21 AM »

I have never had too if do that, usually if add all to cart and get free shipping it is on anything even if dates are different.
With Wookie Rage

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 24, 2020, 09:39:53 AM »

Strange. You should be able to add them to your cart at one time to get the free shipping.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 24, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »

Thanks guys, I got it figured out!

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 24, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »

Strange. You should be able to add them to your cart at one time to get the free shipping.

Lately, it only gives you the option to pre-order now, instead of pre-order: Add to Cart.  It'll take you straight to offering you Amazon Prime.  I think it's their way of pushing Prime by making you think you have to checkout right away.  However, all you have to do is navigate off that page and the item will be in your cart.  Then just add other things.

You get free shipping as long as the total before tax is $35 or more.  It can be different dates and such.  When I ordered the latest 4 Power Rangers figures, they shipped the first 2 separately (as in one at a time one day apart) even though they all have the same release date.  Still waiting for the last two.

What matters is that you have them all in one invoice.  If you order them separately, they will charge you shipping.  Also, if you bought 2 things so you can get the free shipping and one item ships but not the other, you can't cancel the other item on the site.  You will need customer service to do it cause if you cancel it, it won't be free shipping anymore.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.ca Updates
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2020, 10:54:02 AM »

I remember seeing a comment about pre-ordering from amazon & the free shipping vs not free shipping situation - can anyone provide further details?

Specifics - I want to pre-order Dagobah R2 & would like to add to the order to qualify for free shipping, but it just wants me to check out & pay for shipping. Do I add something else to the cart first? Anyone figured out a work around for preordering?

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »

Darth Derek has worked out a system to get multiple purchases on a single order and get free shipping for each item even if they have different delivery dates.  You might want to message him to get the details.
In essence each time you put an item in the basket, you have to go back to the item listings and put another item in your basket until you have met the $35 minimum to qualify for free shipping. It will ask you which shipping option you want, then you have to click on the free shipping option.  Even if you have three or four items in your basket you have to click on the free shipping for EACH item before you check out.  Itís a bit tricky and time consuming but it is worth it.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2020, 01:15:55 PM »

It really isn't any different than ordering anything on amazon, whether in stock or pre-order. Just put enough into your cart so you're over the $35. At checkout, like OMB said, is where it gets a little convoluted. Due to different possible shipping dates they separate items in your cart during checkout, so for each item you have to select your shipping method. It tends to default to a paid or Prime shipping option. But as long as your cart is over $35 you can choose free shipping for each separated item(s)/shipments. They sometimes group a couple items together based on ship dates.

And in my experience they tend to ship them as they come into stock, and not wait for everything at once.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »

My issue with preorder is that it doesn't seem to have an option to put anything else in the cart before checking out. It wants me to pre-order each item separately & choose shipping every time - free shipping is never one of the options because none of the items on their own are over the $35.  :(

EDITED: Ok, after going back to amazon to see what I had missed, I found that both R2 & TIE pilot were still in my cart from my previous browsing session, meaning I could preorder them both together & get the free shipping. It's as though going into the preorder screen put the items in my cart automatically as I never hit an "add to cart" button during the process. Not sure if this will help anyone else but just in case, I'm detailing what happened here.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:16:18 PM by jjreason »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174016
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 206
Total: 211

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 45 queries.