Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2021, 03:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

119 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon.ca Updates  (Read 80423 times)

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.ca Updates
« Reply #510 on: January 08, 2021, 04:45:04 PM »

Which is why I've stopped pre-ordering from Amazon.  They cancelled my G.I.Joe Classified Storm Shadow even though I ordered right near the beginning.  Now I'll probably never get that Storm Shadow unless Hasbro releases it again. It was annoying because the Ninja Force Storm Shadow, whom this one was patterned after was my favourite paint deco for Storm Shadow.

I hear ya on this. Unless they have it in stock I don't pre-order many toys from Amazon. I usually just order through BBTS. It isn't perfect for their pre-orders either but most of the time there isn't an issue.

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 08, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »

EB games has been my go to as of late for preorders for the most part.  They didn't offer the Tantive playset if I remember correctly.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2021, 12:49:46 PM »

Add my name to the list of lucky contestants that had their Tantive IV playsets cancelled. I'll just get mine from Toys r Us. After being burned a few times I won't be pre-ordering from Amazon again unless it's confirmed as Amazon exclusive.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 13, 2021, 03:42:16 PM »

I believe Toy Snowman was offering the Tantive sets, not sure if they still have it available or not.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2021, 05:10:19 PM »

I did order the Speeder Bike set from Amazon when the $64.99 listing.  Funny that the $70.99 listing was available to ship right away but the cheaper listing says ships in 1-2 months.

Let's hope it actually ships cause both listings now show out of stock.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 15, 2021, 11:55:54 AM »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 15, 2021, 11:39:27 PM »

Weird that they cancelled my order from the summer recently.  Maybe they could not charge the card because they waited too long or they actually took too many pre-orders and this is how they solve the problem. 
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 16, 2021, 12:59:19 AM »

Amazon pre-orders are a joke. They did that to me with the Mando 6 inch figure. Canceled my order only to make it available later.

Or they take more orders and cancel with the item never to be available (stormshadow gi Joe figure). I don't know if it's more a Hasbro/distribution issue or an Amazon issue. But you can't count on pre-orders.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 17, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »

Weird that they cancelled my order from the summer recently.  Maybe they could not charge the card because they waited too long or they actually took too many pre-orders and this is how they solve the problem.

As of this morning , my status says will arrive Thursday, but it has not shipped yet.  Will update if it does.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 17, 2021, 03:34:23 PM »

I'm actually supposed to be getting my Tantive IV hallway on Tuesday.  I'll admit that my enthusiasm for this set has been dampened a lot after reading the JTA review and seeing the in-hand photos.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=4167

The white plastic does look to be of surprisingly cheap quality, and I was astonished to see that the stickers that were applied by the factory weren't even put on straight for two of the pieces (it would be infuriating to have to peel these off manually and reapply them so that they weren't crooked).

For a playset costing $70, and has almost no paint at all except for the red lights over the doorway, the quality should've been higher. I'm actually concerned that the white plastic might turn yellow over time (given that large number of my SA Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts now have ugly yellow torsos, this is not unexpected from Hasbro products).

I ordered two sets, I'll open one for sure and see how I feel about it once I see it in person, but I may just keep one set rather than both.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 17, 2021, 08:45:08 PM »

I was able to re-order after my initial cancelation. Mine is apparently in New Jersey.

Yeah I've read it is quite flimsy. I will judge for myself when it arrives, but hopefully the stickers are on straight. I ordered 1 and will hopefully get a second on sale at some point.

I did find this amusing in the review at jeditemplearchives (the absolute King of hyperbole).

"But I think what is most devastating is the fact that IDENTICAL CHARACTERS (Pello Scrambas one with Photo Real updating and one without) on two different card backs (one ROGUE ONE and one STAR WARS) with TWO DIFFERENT VC NUMBERS (VC183 and VC52). Hasbro is sinking deeper and deeper into mucking up this collector-revered action figure line. Its quite devastating."

Really? A repack of an in demand figure with new packaging and a new VC number is "quite devastating"? :crazy:

My fleet trooper will remain carded. I have enough loose ones the fill the corridor and it will be a nice carded R1 figure regardless of which trooper it is.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2021, 02:57:06 PM »

For a change I actually agree that Paul is being hyperbolic in his rant. He's always passionate when talking about the hobby, but every once in a while he does take it too far even for me. 

I'm wondering if maybe he's so upset at Hasbro using a new VC number because he didn't have the original release and he simply wanted a straight repack with the original VC number so that he can be a completionist?  Or maybe he's arguing on behalf of those who are.  Ah well, I was super-happy they repacked the Tantive IV trooper, but again it was a lazy effort not to add the holster or change the headsculpt.  I agree with Paul on that for sure.

And breaking news: my order from Amazon arrived a day early. I just opened up my package and what do I see?  One of the playset packages has a freaking puncture right on the front, like someone took some scissors and just stabbed the thing. I can see right inside the box thanks to this puncture hole. The other one has a noticeably dented corner.   There was no protective bubble wrap at all. 

I'm so pissed at their usual shoddy handling, that I'm debating if I'll even keep both. For sure I'm sending back the punctured one to Amazon. No way I'm keeping that one.

EDIT 1: correction, the second box has TWO corners that are dented, on opposing sides of the box.   :mad0137:  >:(  :mad0137:

EDIT 2: since I am really curious about how true the reports were over the quality of this set, I decided to open up the box with the two dented corners.

It really saddens me to report that the JTA review is 100% true. The plastic on the wall pieces is crap. I've bought stuff from dollar stores (like those stackable white plastic trays) and the plastic on these walls is comparable to the dollar store trays. That's what it feels like.  The Hasbro photographer deserves kudos for making those initial product photos look amazing, but what you get in reality is fairly disappointing.

The real kicker is that the white plastic on the door pieces is an off-white (it looks more yellowy than the side wall plastic pieces which are a more pure white).  So I don't know if this is intended or not, but it looks wrong.   The JTA photos didn't make this set look that great, but in person, it actually looks worse because of the yellowish-white walls.  Maybe other people's versions will be different/better, but I'm fairly disappointed.

The 4 black stickers are (thankfully) applied straight, none are tilted or angled BUT all of the stickers are just slightly larger than the recessed wall area that they are supposed to cover up. That slightly larger size means that the edges or corners of the stickers curl up a bit around the frame of the recessed areas.  What does that mean visually?  That my eye can easily detect that these are stickers. And I think over time, those curled-up sections are going to dry up and start to peel off.  I had to use my fingernail to push in the curled up parts since they were already starting to detach a bit from the plastic.

The TVC rebel trooper looked good (although the strap was not put on well and partly covers up one side of his cheek) and the card wasn't warped or damaged unlike my BFC Stormtrooper card.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 03:52:46 PM by napseeker »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »

Thanks napseeker for the review, mine was on the shipping dock at Amazon with a label so I had wait until it was dispatched.  Got the email this afternoon so I just got off the phone and they have canceled the order and I am getting a full refund without the hassle we all know too well .  It is time we all stood up for a quality product from Hasbro .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:24:55 AM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2021, 04:56:17 PM »

Now passing on this set. I was 100 percent getting it... then tentative ..... now I'm out. Ugh.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2021, 07:04:37 PM »

My Speeder Bike finally shipped today. Sucks about the Tantive  set though. Wish it was better made.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174692
  • Total Topics: 14433
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 45 queries.