Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

17 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: an update from TRU USA  (Read 3523 times)

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
an update from TRU USA
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »

To Our Valued Customers,

I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued support of Toys"R"Us. As you may be aware, we launched a financial restructuring of our business last fall. As we begin the new year, I want to provide an update on our progress to date, as well as our plans for the future.

Our primary focus is on reimagining our business with you in mind. We want to make it easier for you to shop with us, whether online or in our stores. This past season, we were successful in accomplishing this objective for millions of customers. However, there were also far too many transactions where this wasn't the case – due to our operational missteps. As the leader of this company, I want you to know that we can and will address the gaps in the experience that you may have had when shopping this holiday. My team is already hard at work to make the improvements necessary to ensure that we have the products you want, when, where and how you want them.

In addition to convenience, we also recognize that you want fair and competitive prices and it is our job to deliver on that expectation. We recently relaunched our price match program to give you greater confidence when buying from us, and in 2018 we are taking additional steps to ensure that we provide greater overall value to you and your family. We will do this through compelling promotions and by providing an improved loyalty program and a more personalized way of communicating with you – in email, online and social media.

The reinvention of our brands requires that we make tough decisions about our priorities and focus. To that end and following a top-to-bottom assessment of our business, we have decided to close a number of our U.S. stores. We also intend to convert a number of locations into co-branded Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores. The actions we are taking are necessary to give us the best chance to emerge from our bankruptcy proceedings as a more viable and competitive company that will provide the level of service and experience you should expect from a market leader.

We estimate store closing sales to begin in early February with the majority of locations closing in mid-April 2018. During this time, we welcome you to take full advantage of the deep discounts and deals available.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

We are open for business and ready to serve you. We will continue to operate stores in all major markets across the U.S. and around the world. And as always, you can also continue to shop online at www.toysrus.com and www.babiesrus.com.

We are honoring customer programs. Our customer, registry, credit, warranty and loyalty programs will continue as normal. We will continue to sell and accept gift cards as always.

While our store roster may be getting smaller, what is not changing is our desire or commitment to serving you. For the past 70 years, we have worked hard to earn your business and look forward to being champions of play and a best friend to parents everywhere for decades to come.

Thank you for your support and for choosing to shop with us.

Sincerely,

Dave Brandon
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: an update from TRU USA
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:01:15 PM »

Well hope  they can survive this.  What gets me is why TRU canada doesnt follow suit with flash sales like TRU.com is having today on all star wars items.  Guessing we will get a sale on Poes force link x wing...but when is the question ?!?

Darth Jar Jar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »

At least the Canadian stores are safe... for now.  Don't buy much from TRU anymore but still nice to have a brick and mortar store to go to once in a while.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »

I'm sad to say that TRU closing near me wouldn't change my life or collecting habits in the least. I do browse there from time to time, but I don't think I've purchased from them once in the past year.... and certainly not more than 2-3 times in the past 2-3 years. Only sale items & only then on the off chance they might have something that already sold out someplace else.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 11:25:24 PM »

as the dad of 2 small kids, I will miss them a lot if they go under.

the wonder and awe in my children's eyes as they navigate the aisles is priceless  : )

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »

That's one true reason to miss TRU. Hopefully they can stick around for the kids - that WAS the point of the place after all.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:29:29 AM »

My wish is that they improved their website. I will see stuff over stocked in a store but not online at all. It doesn't make sense.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »

Apparently 200 more stores are closing.  Bringing the total to 380 or 44% of all stores.  9000 jobs about to be lost.  5 billion in dept still sitting there.   
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 09:11:00 AM »

damn, that's awful.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »

That is a lot of product that would have gone to these stores.  I wonder what this will do to Hasbro’s production plans.  Are there any other retail stores out there to take up the slack?

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »

I personally think there will be a new toy store that will rise from the ashes. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Or they're going to have to re-think their brick & mortar footprint. I can see TRU downsizing from the massive stores into more malls & medium sized retail units in strip malls - they will leave big flagship stores open in specific places but not everywhere.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »

They tried that.  The "Express" locations.  They were closed as a cost cutting measure.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »

Are Toy manufacturers distribution channels shrinking, expanding or staying the same?   You would think when a store that is dedicated to selling toys and baby stuff is having significant problems there is a chance that there could be broader industry problems.  My belief is the manufactures have significantly contributed to the toy industry becoming as weak as it has.   The marketers and product development teams have continued to focus on price points that yield a weaker and weaker market.  The quality is becoming so poor that, the only product still worth purchasing is LEGO.  And LEGO has proven consumers are willing to pay high prices for products that deliver value.  You may get a child to watch your ad and want your toy once and get a parent or relative to buy it once, but when you deliver a product that is poor on quality and play value, no one wants your products any more.  Just buy the kid LEGO, they are always happy with it and can build and do more things with it.   I know the first thing that will be said is VIDEO GAMES are the problem. If VIDEO GAMES are the problem why is LEGO doing so well? The answer is they have become a trusted brand and product that parent are willing to purchase for their children.   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »

I think online shopping has contributed the most. People amazon everything because the prices are cheaper & you can get free shipping on just about everything if you shop well. They spend their brick & mortar money on warehousing, not retail space which I'm sure is a much more affordable model factoring in property taxes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171941
  • Total Topics: 14474
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 43 queries.