Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 13, 2020, 10:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

235 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC - Jabba's sail Barge!!!!!  (Read 32305 times)

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: TVC - Jabba's sail Barge!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 10:28:56 AM »

I was reading some comments on the American Star Wars news/Collector forum Jeditemplearchives.com and found this comment very interesting:

(Not my thoughts, I have copied and pasted another collectors comments , but thought were very interesting)

"I've already put my order in and endorse this, I don't necessarily buy what Hasbro is claiming here. Assuming that they hit the goal by April 3, then they will produce the Sail Barge and ship it next year, right? HOWEVER, they will be shipping out the Behind the Scenes booklet on April 4, 2018 (not 2019), the day after the backing period ends. That means that regardless of how the voting goes, they need to have at least 5,000 booklets ready to ship on 4/4/18. That's not a one day job, and it can't be cheap to design, write, and produce a 65 page glossy, color, and likely Lucasfilm approved booklet. So I would assume the booklets are already well on their way to being completed, if not done already, and that is just an elaborate, and clever, viral marketing campaign and the Sail Barge will be manufactured even if they don't hit the 5,000 orders. Maybe if they only hit 3,000 they cancel, but in no way do they not produce if the final orders come in slightly under 5,000."

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 07:43:46 PM »

They will just adjust the end date of the ordering period until they hit the number.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »

I was reading some comments on the American Star Wars news/Collector forum Jeditemplearchives.com and found this comment very interesting:

(Not my thoughts, I have copied and pasted another collectors comments , but thought were very interesting)

"I've already put my order in and endorse this, I don't necessarily buy what Hasbro is claiming here. Assuming that they hit the goal by April 3, then they will produce the Sail Barge and ship it next year, right? HOWEVER, they will be shipping out the Behind the Scenes booklet on April 4, 2018 (not 2019), the day after the backing period ends. That means that regardless of how the voting goes, they need to have at least 5,000 booklets ready to ship on 4/4/18. That's not a one day job, and it can't be cheap to design, write, and produce a 65 page glossy, color, and likely Lucasfilm approved booklet. So I would assume the booklets are already well on their way to being completed, if not done already, and that is just an elaborate, and clever, viral marketing campaign and the Sail Barge will be manufactured even if they don't hit the 5,000 orders. Maybe if they only hit 3,000 they cancel, but in no way do they not produce if the final orders come in slightly under 5,000."

They will have 5000 printed copies of the Sail Barge BTS booklet. Probably no more than 10k$ expenses. This represent minimal costs from Hasbro and probably well-assumed as part of a marketing campaign. They will loose these costs in the event they don't reach the 5000 backers goal. Again, these potential losses are part of the business risk. They will not go forward if they do not reach 5000 backers, it's clear and explicit. In fact, that goal is the objective at which this product will be provide sustainable profits for Hasbro. Below these numbers, they will most likely simply drop the ball and absorb the losses of designing the toy (Marc Boudreaux and his team of designers are certainly not cheap), prototype shown at Toy Fair and the booklet. But losses would be far greater if they would go ahead producing a toy for which they don't have sufficient commitment from backers.

But my guess? They will most likely reach the 5000 backers by April 3rd. Hey, we're at nearly 1500 backers in less than 72 hrs. It's never seen for kickstarter campaigns for most toys I've seen so far. And these toys are not digging a $500 USD hole in your wallet. So 72 hrs for 1500 backers ready to spent $500 USD on this toy is quite remarkable. In fact, it's impressive. I have no doubt they will reach 5000 backers by the end of March...

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »

Very interesting JediPatrick.
As for the 5000 goal being reached by April, I really really hope it happens but, I have a feeling as each day passes the buyers will fall each day.
With the initial burst of buyers down to 20-30 purchases a day in a week from now.
And probably not until the last week will we see the daily number tick upwards by international buyers (with help of Americans), but I think this uptick will only happen if It gets to 4000ish. 
If it's not around 4000 by the last week, I feel people (like Canadians) won't make the extra effort that's needed if the 5000 goal doesn't feel attainable.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 04:20:54 PM »

Not sure how many International Buyers will cause an up tick considering:

$500 US
x 1.3 (exchange rate)
x 1.085 (average New York State tax)
x 1.13 (HST into Ontario)
= $796.93 CDN.   

Gotta assume once you ship and have a higher VAT tax.  That the Europeans are at least looking at $1000 CDN for this item if they find a friend in the states.  Maybe even worst considering how big this items is and shipping cost.

:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 05:29:05 PM »

$500 US
x 1.3 (exchange rate)
= $796.93 CDN.   

Gotta assume once you ship and have a higher VAT tax.  That the Europeans are at least looking at $1000 CDN for this item if they find a friend in the states.  Maybe even worst considering how big this items is and shipping cost.

True CJ.  It's a sizable cost for sure.
But for over seas collectors that have dreamed for years of someday being able to add the Sail Barge to their collection, would be foolish not to purchase now, even at $1000cad.
As I can only imagine the aftermarket price will be two or three times this amount. Especially if it's not reproduced after the initial Haslab Production run.

I'm personally more worried about what the state of Star Wars Collecting going forward will look like if this endeavor dosent succeed.
Because I have a SW collecting itch, and it needs to scratched!  LOL  :P

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »

$500 US
x 1.3 (exchange rate)
= $796.93 CDN.   

The price today is not so bad. If you think this is too expensive, well wait next year on the secondary market (ebay and scalpers) when that thing will sell for at least double that amount.

It happens for most exclusive Lego sets. Why not Hasbro's products?

I'm in. Sorry, but I want mine. There's absolutely no justification, even the high costs, for me not to have that thing, after years of expectations and being a 3.75" collector for the past 20+ years. I would be insane not to be it. Especially right now...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 12:07:02 AM »

So... did you guys see this yet?
From Hasbro:
"It has been great to hear the reaction to the HasLab launch and know there is a strong interest from our fans globally. Right now, this initiative is available in the U.S., but we’ve been working for a while on how best to offer Jabba’s Sail Barge to fans globally if the campaign in the U.S. successfully reaches the 5,000 threshold and hope to have an update to share soon."

This is why I'm holding off until closer to the deadline. If they can work something out to open it up to other countries - either now or later - then I may wait for that. It all depends on what they announce, and when.

I'm personally more worried about what the state of Star Wars Collecting going forward will look like if this endeavor dosent succeed.
Because I have a SW collecting itch, and it needs to scratched!  LOL  :P

Hmm... now I'm wondering about the state of collecting if this DOES succeed. I can see Hasbro potentially abusing this business model, using it to put out more and more collector-grade stuff that should actually be sold in stores. All while charging us a premium because we should feel "lucky" to have them at all. I can see it now... including the Nerf projectiles!  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:15:11 AM by Wedge1021 »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 07:58:07 AM »

Hmm... now I'm wondering about the state of collecting if this DOES succeed. I can see Hasbro potentially abusing this business model, using it to put out more and more collector-grade stuff that should actually be sold in stores. All while charging us a premium because we should feel "lucky" to have them at all. I can see it now... including the Nerf projectiles!  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

I was thinking the same thing Wedge regarding: if it DOES succeed. 

Now if the Jabba the Hutt Sail Barge does come with Nerf Projectiles, we know we have all been had. :u:
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:23 AM »

Whether it succeeds or not I think there will be significant implications to the hobby. The hobby seems to be in a state of flux. By hasbro going this route they have acknowledged there is a diminishing collector base. But I also think they are using this to gage that collector base.

If it doesn't succeed I could see them holding this up to say the collector base has eroded to a point where it's not worth their effort. I hope not because getting 5000 people to commit $500 to a massive item is a poor measuring stick. I think there are lots of people who would love to see smaller and less expensive ( though maybe still somewhat expensive) items be released through haslab. I just hope they try something more modest if this fails.

If it succeeds I could see them abusing it, as you guys mentioned.  Especially if vintage falters at retail.

Either way it will be interesting to watch it play out.

THE Mike™

• Peace out dudes
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Vintage Rules.
    • View Profile
    • BountyHunterToys.com
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »

Whether it succeeds or not I think there will be significant implications to the hobby. The hobby seems to be in a state of flux. By hasbro going this route they have acknowledged there is a diminishing collector base. But I also think they are using this to gage that collector base.

I think it's a matter of them not wanting to invest in this (or any other large vehicle) themselves simply because most collectors KNOW the larger vehicles go on deep clearance eventually, and retails complain about taking a loss on those items - so they don't want to order them anymore.

Mattel did this years ago with Castle Grayskull. It met it's goal, it was made, and I proudly have one on display at home. It was $300 U.S.

THIS, however, I don't think it's going to reach unless they allow the entire world to order it.
I have 3 customers that one, plus myself. I plan on making a huge diorama in the front window with one. Same thing when the Castle came out - but they ordered their own, because Mattel would ship worldwide.

Wanna sell me your toys? Contact me!

www.bountyhuntertoys.com
118 Ottawa St. North
Hamilton, ON.

Also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bhtoys

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 04:15:59 PM »

Yeah, bottom line is...I don't understand why they limited this to the US. Or why they wouldn't let the country they are literally attached to in on it...it is in no way a clear way to determine whether there is demand or not.

Though I'd still have to give it some serious thought, if I knew it would be shipped to my home address and I wouldn't have to jump through hoops to get one I'd probably be at least going through my collection to see what I could jettison for cash to go towards it and make it impart a bit less on the family finances!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:19:59 PM by sinkie »

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 09:19:27 PM »

Both Jeditemplearchives.com and banthaskull.com are making an announcement at 9:00am est. tomorrow. I have been reading the comments on both sites and looking for clues by the site owners.
I found three clues that all fit in with my assumption, which is that the Sail Barge will be open to international buyers now. 
Keeping my fingers crossed.  :artoo:

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 10:26:45 PM »

That would be sweet...dammit!!! Will be harder to make excuses if so!!!

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:43 PM »

Im hoping so also.  I have already backed the barge but would rather it shipped to my door instead of driving to the us. :r2d2line:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173577
  • Total Topics: 14404
  • Online Today: 297
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 235
Total: 238

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 45 queries.