Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 08:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC - Jabba's sail Barge!!!!!  (Read 16530 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: TVC - Jabba's sail Barge!!!!!
« Reply #360 on: April 20, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »

I contacted haslab directly. Didn't think to call hasbro canada.

And I agree about yak face. It would be a pain to deal with all the possible scammers. 

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 02, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »

Received this about a week ago regarding Yak Face. So far so good...

"We realize you’ve been waiting a while for resolution regarding your Yakface figure from Jabba’s Sail Barge.  We appreciate your patience and excited to share that we will receive very minimal replacement inventory, and expect to ship a replacement figure during the week of June 6th, maybe sooner.

You will receive an email shortly with a postage paid label to return your Yakface figure.  Please print this label and affix to any box and your return will be on its way back to us.  Once we receive your return, we will issue a replacement on or after June 6th."

I emailed them about my sail/rib insertion problem, so will see how they handle that. I really don't want to be a difficult customer, but this was an expensive item, and those damn ribs just will not insert into the sail. I already bent one of the ribs to the point is turned white from the stress.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »

Received this about a week ago regarding Yak Face. So far so good...

"We realize you’ve been waiting a while for resolution regarding your Yakface figure from Jabba’s Sail Barge.  We appreciate your patience and excited to share that we will receive very minimal replacement inventory, and expect to ship a replacement figure during the week of June 6th, maybe sooner.

You will receive an email shortly with a postage paid label to return your Yakface figure.  Please print this label and affix to any box and your return will be on its way back to us.  Once we receive your return, we will issue a replacement on or after June 6th."
Yay for a new Yak Face - congratulations!

I emailed them about my sail/rib insertion problem, so will see how they handle that. I really don't want to be a difficult customer, but this was an expensive item, and those damn ribs just will not insert into the sail. I already bent one of the ribs to the point is turned white from the stress.
Awesome - glad to hear that you will be getting a fresh Yak Face!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 10:26:44 PM by brianakarobin »

THE Mike™

• Peace out dudes
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Vintage Rules.
    • View Profile
    • BountyHunterToys.com
« Reply #363 on: May 03, 2019, 04:03:13 PM »

I like that they're making people return the damaged ones. Guaranteed those that were trying to get a second to sell, will just "keep" their "damaged" ones.
Wanna sell me your toys? Contact me!

www.bountyhuntertoys.com
118 Ottawa St. North
Hamilton, ON.

Also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bhtoys

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »

I figured they would. It's the right thing to do. They know how valuable that yak face is.

I will be eagerly anticipating my replacement once my old one goes into the mail though.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2019, 06:15:26 PM »

Might be worth exploring how much it would cost to track that package with the Hasbro-provided label.... just in case.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2019, 11:17:04 AM »

Yeah, those ribs are sure tight. I was able to get mine in without breaking anything. It sure is nerve wracking though.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »

Just got an email saying an order for a sail with ribs inserted has been placed.

Really been impressed with their customer service so far.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:34 AM »

DARTHCUJO,
Have you recieved a replacement yakface yet from Haslab?
What updates can you share?  :r2d2:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2019, 01:16:04 AM »

Nope. My replacement sail and mailing label to send back my yak face were supposedly sent to me may 5 and I never received the package. I emailed has lab a couple days ago wondering what was up and got that message yesterday. They asked me to confirm my address... i emailed them back tonight so will see what happens next...

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 11, 2019, 07:20:44 PM »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 11, 2019, 07:30:25 PM »

Well... not what I expected....

https://hasbropulse.com/products/cookie-monster
Ha! Hilarious!!

Still waiting for them to send my return mailing label for my yak face. Three times they've said they're sending it. Still no label.

I did get my second sail with ribs pre-inserted so I'm happy about that.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »

To be honest, I think most peoples problem is that it's Cookie Monster instead of something else.  It's actually a pretty cool Cookie Monster replica.

And unless it was a Star Wars item (or a MLP for my daughter) I doubt I'd have bought anyway, so it could have been practically anything i wouldn't buy. (though I'm sure I could come up with something else if I really tried)

Hopefully they try something else next.  I'm interested to see how this goes.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »

Bah. I'm personally quite happy the Haslab project is not Star Wars related this time around. I mean, I'll save plenty of cash and, let's face it, I don't have the room in my collection anymore to display another large item.

And anyway, my dream came true at Toy Fair earlier this year: we'll get a very nice Tatooine Skiff to go with the Barge. That's all I wanted and I was even expecting to be waiting another year to get it thru Haslab. The fact that it's coming thru regular retail is even better.

I just wished they would have gone with my idea of the Virtual Lite Brite 2.0. Oh well... :tongue0024:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2019, 05:34:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure we were told haslab would be used for more than just star wars and they'd be rolling it out slowly, and that the next item would likely not be star wars related. I just expected it would be Transformers or something. Not a sesame street item!!  :rollfloorlaffsmiley: The fact the haslab item isn't star wars shouldn't surprise anyone. If it means cookie monster is an added item in the queu that pushes a star wars item further down the line, then that's mildly annoying. But whatever.

I'm more concerned about what they end up choosing as the next SW item and whether they waste that opportunity. As star wars gets more and more added to the lore, there is less attention given to the OT, so that's my only concern.

I really wish they would use haslab for more, smaller obscure items that would languish at retail, but collectors really want. I don't need more big giant stuff. Give me sim aloo and some other kenner/OT/vintagey things and I'd be thrilled.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173432
  • Total Topics: 14532
  • Online Today: 40
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 26
Total: 27

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 45 queries.