Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 01:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

235 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 TVC Basic Figures (checklist)  (Read 2332 times)

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Basic Figures (checklist)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 11:43:25 PM »

Well....I'm not so excited now about the Vintage Collection returning.  Apparently the bubbles are separating from the cardbacks. The bubbles are also coming taped to the front of the packaging art. This is the same issue we had back in 2013/2014 with the initial Black Series line. The taped bubbles are expected for at least the first 2 VC waves.

And speaking of "bubble gate" , I have opened two different  6" 40th anniversary Vintage style carded Death Star Commanders this past month.  And even though they to have tape , the blisters were coming off the cards easily as I squeezed there edges a little. I really didn't need a knife at all.
This concerns me, as I know many of us bought the set only to display carded. I guess time will tell if these will hold up.  ???

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »

BUBBLEGATE!!!!  Just came back from EB Games....bought some Vintage Collection figures.  When I got home, I didn't realize that the bubble was starting to separate from the cardback on my FO Stormtrooper.   ........................It's going back to the store.

AND!...I have to say that the tape securing the bubble to the cardbacks is a wonderful added touch there Hasblow!  Cardbacks seem to be a little flimsy. Fix the issues now!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:25:22 PM by IanToronto »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 07:57:55 AM »

Got an email from juggernaut toys yesterday with the following breakdown:

TVC Wave 5
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Darth Vader (ESB)
Han Solo (Echo Base)
TVC Wave 6 New Figures
Elite Praetorian Guard
Imperial Stormtrooper
Captain Phasma
Lando Calrissian (Solo)
Chewbacca

TVC Wave 7 New Figures
Luke Skywalker (Crait)
Death Star Gunner
Hovertank Commander
R2-D2

Wave 5 is a complete skip for me.

Wave 6 I hope Chewbacca is on a star wars card. Same with R2. I'll probably want the stormtrooper and all of wave 7. Really not much to be excited about though. The return of vintage really has been a letdown in character selection for OT collectors.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 11:53:10 AM »

Anyone hear anything about the han stormtrooper target exclusive making its way to Canada? It is now showing up in the US. I have yet to hear if any retailer in Canada has picked it up. I just want one mint on card for my carded vintage collection.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2019, 02:59:49 PM »

Anyone hear anything about the han stormtrooper target exclusive making its way to Canada? It is now showing up in the US. I have yet to hear if any retailer in Canada has picked it up. I just want one mint on card for my carded vintage collection.

The only place I can see getting it (and other Target exclusives) is EB Games. But I haven't heard anything about it, so who knows? If Hasbro limited the production run, it's possible that all the stock is staying in the U.S.

Also note that the figure is supposed to have a street date of May 12, so any figures showing up already should be considered outliers at this point.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:02:41 PM by Wedge1021 »

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 03:30:09 PM »

no word on the Retro line being in Canada i guess ? i should ask the EbGames dude next time i go. the one guy i spoke with last week was good so he might tend to look a little more. i havent heard anything yet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173580
  • Total Topics: 14404
  • Online Today: 276
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 235
Total: 237

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 44 queries.