Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 04:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solo toys tomorrow?  (Read 2159 times)

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Solo toys tomorrow?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »

I visited two Walmarts in the St Catharines/Niagara area today but nothing new.  However the TRU in Hamilton/Grimsby had a free standing unit with some Solo items on it.  Both the small and the bigger Falcons were there at $59 and $139 each.  The Lando/Kessel Guard two packs were $19.99.  (also the Maul/QuiGon and Rose with two droids).  When checking out I asked the girl if anything special was planned for tomorrow and she thought there was.  She said I could get a price adjustment for any of the new items if they were on sale May 4.  So possibly there might be some special sales for the day??

I visited Whitby TRU twice today. Once at opening and again around 5:30pm.  This morning there was two each Lando two packs, maul and Qui, rose and droids.  And three cases of The vintage collection. ( note : I bought all the vintage figs to get the price adjustment tommorow and distribute) . But NO new 6", and still NO 3.75 force link 2.0 figs.
So at 5:30 nothing changed but I saw and talked to the on duty manager "Kathy" ( some of you may know her, she is really kind and an asset to know😉) and asked her if any thing was going to happen tommorow for May 4th? She candidly told me No Derek nothing out side of the sale in the flyer nothing different was going to happen. What you see now is what you will see tommorow, then she said make sure to comeback with my receipts to get the sale discounts.lol

She expressed how much she is sick of Star Wars, how Disney is just milking the toys and just repackaging the same figures in different cards over and over.  I found this interesting and sort of funny , she sounded like a collector in the Jeditemplearchives chat forum..lol.

Kathy also expressed that retailers are boycotting Star Wars product , or atleast Star Wars days like force Friday's / Wookieweekend etc.  and why order the new 3.75 Solo figures when we can't sell the TLJ figures. See said that TRU employees concencess is that Disney is going to hard and too fast with Star Wars and no one is buying (parents and kids).

If this is true , and solo figures don't show up soon, Amazon might be the only place to buy them and maybe they already know this and that's why they are trying to sell them at 2.5 X retail.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »

May the 4th!
Heard this from multiple retailers.
Snowtroopers will be buzzing all day, I'm sure. :P
Edit: Now, I'm not so sure.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »

Well, I'm probably passing on all the Solo stuff anyways.  I just want the SA versions of the Solo stuff, which I'd probably have to buy online eventually anyways (Walmart exclusive so not holding my breath).

Also, don't want to waste money on 5 POA only to have it released in SA later in the VC line.  Already happened on Island Journey Rey.

Also, why buy 5POA Mimban Stormtrooper and Range Trooper when the SA VC ones are coming out later.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2018, 09:08:33 PM »

May the 4th!
Heard this from multiple retailers.
Snowtroopers will be buzzing all day, I'm sure. :P
Edit: Now, I'm not so sure.

I hope this isn't the case and stores actually do put out figures tomorrow. There are tags up for the new basic figures at one of my local Walmarts.

:fett:

DarthSlaad

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2018, 09:48:26 PM »

If this is true , and solo figures don't show up soon, Amazon might be the only place to buy them and maybe they already know this and that's why they are trying to sell them at 2.5 X retail.

Usually, when Amazon sells things at a higher price than the MSRP, it's because they are really shipping US stuff from US.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:30 AM »

I have the same thing - $9.99 empty pegs for Solo basic figures - at my local WalMart. Empty yesterday on May 4th, still empty again this morning on May 5th.

Mongo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I Am The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »

May 6th...Return of the Figures?
A friend once asked me, "Why does a movie have such a grip on my life?" I am waiting for a good answer still.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »

I have the same thing - $9.99 empty pegs for Solo basic figures - at my local WalMart. Empty yesterday on May 4th, still empty again this morning on May 5th.

The same thing at 2 of my local Walmarts in QC. One had the 2 packs and TVC but empty pegs for Solo single figures and the other had a few deluxe figures and TVC but no 2 packs or single figures. I ended up finally getting Lando.

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »

According to my distributor, the Solo figure (Force link 2.0) have been arrived in the Hasbro warehouse since few weeks, but Hasbro could'nt ship them because they need to put a new sticker. Not sure if it is on each figure or only on the case, anyway the problem seems solved like my distributor has received his order few days ago.

So, they should be on shelf very soon !

:snowtroopers:
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »

According to my distributor, the Solo figure (Force link 2.0) have been arrived in the Hasbro warehouse since few weeks, but Hasbro could'nt ship them because they need to put a new sticker. Not sure if it is on each figure or only on the case, anyway the problem seems solved like my distributor has received his order few days ago.

So, they should be on shelf very soon !

:snowtroopers:

That's good to know. Hopefully Wave 2 makes it to shelves by the 21st and isn't delayed as well.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2018, 01:36:49 AM »

I'd say it goes further then that. i had a really straight forward employee tonight thats cooler then most. he was really honest it seemed and i asked him if he had anything he could bring from the back. he seemed nervous almost and said i could bring lots but i cant really be doing that. haha. sounds like they have them at their stores or some do anyway. he was cool though. pretty transparent.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 07:13:23 PM »

2 of the Walmarts I went to today have the Force Link 2.0 tag for the figures, but still empty pegs.

Most of the stores have cleared out he 6" BS stuff already.  Was able to get a TLJ Poe and FO Snowtrooper at $5 each today.  Was hoping to get a second FO Snottrooper cause I like them in pairs, but at $5, whatever, I'll live with one only.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »

... FO Snottrooper ...

I like this name... I think you're on to something there.
Might as well have Snot Troopers, they've pretty much run through every other trooper imaginable by now.  :star-wars-smiley-008:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2018, 01:03:59 AM »

LOL! I tend to make that typo a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171905
  • Total Topics: 14472
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 43 queries.