Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 07:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

13 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mississauga Comic Action Figure Con **Saturday July 7th, 2018 10am-3pm  (Read 309 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

***Convention is on SATURDAY July 07.***

The same people who bring you Canadian ToyCon.....Mississauga Comic Action Figure Con's July 07th show will feature some unique vendors, exhibitors, artists and cosplayers from the GTA and beyond!
The Canadian ToyCon is a monthly convention that focuses on action figures, comics, collectables, toys, figurines, dolls, artwork and more from the 70ís, 80ís, 90ís and today. Vendors, exhibitors and artists offer a wide variety of merchandise, including items in mint condition and hard-to-find collectables. Each convention has its own theme, cosplayers and special guests.

**Saturday July 07th, 2018
10am to 3pm
Admission: $5.00, Under 12 No Charge
***FREE PARKING***

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
5444 Dixie Road (just south of Hwy 401)
Mississauga, Ontario

More info at http://www.toycon.ca

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

how was this one?

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

how was this one?

It was just OK. I stI'll had a great time...not as exciting as the big Mississauga shows...or Burlington shows.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile

how was this one?

I went to this one... I also agree that it was ok, but not great.

1) not enough vendors was the biggest problem, there just wasn't that much to buy!  I walked out after an hour and didn't purchase much

2) I recall one or two vendors basically just reselling what were toys that could still be found for way cheaper at Dollarama e.g. 6" Suicide Squad Rick Flag ($4 at Dollarama, but $10 at the show), or Black Series stuff that was clearanced out by Walmart not that long ago. That was a big skip.

3) mostly just the same toys that were already being sold at the last toyshow... another reason why there wasn't much worth buying. 

I honestly felt like I was buying most things because they were cheap, not because they were what I wanted to buy, just to make the long drive worthwhile in some psychological way. That's not a good outcome.  Hopefully things improve for the next time, at least the admission was only $5 but it felt hard to find any real bargains to even earn back the cost of admission.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

thanks for the feedback gents.

I think part of the problem is that there are just too many toy shows these days. They used to be a bit more "special" when there was only 1 every 2-3 months. Now you can go to one every other weekend.

My next one is Fan Expo. gulp! : )

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile

It does feel like there are more toyshows this year.  However, I do wonder if maybe it was to make up for the one back in, I think, February which got buried by that horrible ice storm.

I had wanted to go to that one but the icy road conditions made my friend cancel since it obviously wasn't worth getting into a pile-up.  Felt sorry for the vendors of that show, since I assume the turnout was way lower than it should've been if weather had been good.

neospike

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile

Speaking of Fan Expo, does anyone know if Hasbro is usually there and selling their exclusives on the first day?  It is the cheapest day to get in, and I only really need that Dr. Aphra set as well as just to walk around and look at the vendors.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Speaking of Fan Expo, does anyone know if Hasbro is usually there and selling their exclusives on the first day?  It is the cheapest day to get in, and I only really need that Dr. Aphra set as well as just to walk around and look at the vendors.
Yes.....exclusives are all there starting Thursday.

neospike

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile

Yes.....exclusives are all there starting Thursday.

Thanks!  Maybe I will finally go this time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171553
  • Total Topics: 14450
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 13
Total: 17

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 44 queries.