Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 07:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

13 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lando is back!  (Read 362 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
Re: Lando is back!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »

This is great news... oh wait. This is the sequel trilogy.

R.I.P.  Lando Calrissian in whatever sh*t way that JJ Abrams deems to have you killed off.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:43:50 AM »

He and DJ will come back together to save someone at a key juncture, a la Han returning to the battle of Yavin. Called it here.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

neospike

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 01:48:09 AM »

They are only bringing him back to kill him and Chewie off in a massive explosion while piloting the Millenium Falcon.

You know it's true...

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »

Great news - but, as alluded to above, I fear that he's only going to get knocked off in the movie. Unfortunately, there seems to be this weird desire to rid the franchise of the characters that made it so popular. When the new trilogy was announced, I certainly wasn't expecting our heroes to jump into the fray in the same capacity as before, but I *did* expect them to be involved in some way in a key capacity - not parking them off to the side and killing them off one by one.

I wonder if we could have one movie where the writers make this current Abrams/Johnson trilogy a nightmare sequence that our heroes wake up from and then the real (i.e. GREAT) continuation of their story starts.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »

it is pretty sad and lame how they did that with the main characters so far. Chewy will be around. hes become like R2 & Threepio and i dont think thats going to change. they want young people in these movies. i get why Han went. that made sense for a couple of reasons although it didnt have to happen. Luke was lame but they want the old timers out and the new young people in.  :/

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 08:09:44 PM »

I was so excited to think Lando was back that I never even considered these issues!  I hope they let him live - they have to throw us OT people a bone and let SOMEONE survive. Come on!

I am trying to wipe much of Episode 8 out of mind, so I kind of forgot about DJ. I was expecting him to have a very Lando-esque story arc. Interested to see where that goes now. 

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 01:12:51 AM »

Lando: Finn, I am your father!
Finn:   Noooooooo, that's not... waitaminute. This is not a bad thing. Hi pops!
Lando: Soooooo, that Rey... you two an item or what?
Finn: Naw, we're just friends. Good friends.
Lando: You are NOT my son!

Suddenly a spear erupts out of the front of Lando's chest. He has a momentary expression of confusion and fear as he thinks to himself: "Who... who would kill me?  The coolest hombre on this side of the galaxy?"  and collapses in front of Finn. Dead.

Phasma: Good to see you again, rebel scum.
Finn: Nooooooooo!!!!!!

JJ Abrams proudly presents:
Star Wars episode 9: Revenge of Phasma

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »

Hope my comments weren't TOO much of a downer ;). I really enjoyed The Force Awakens, but I felt that The Last Jedi really missed the mark (by a country mile).

When they announced the continuation of the Star Wars story, the one thing I was really looking forward to was seeing *everyone* (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Lando) together again in at least ONE scene. I thought that would almost be a given. Sadly, these new directors didn't feel the same way.

I was so excited to think Lando was back that I never even considered these issues!  I hope they let him live - they have to throw us OT people a bone and let SOMEONE survive. Come on!

I am trying to wipe much of Episode 8 out of mind, so I kind of forgot about DJ. I was expecting him to have a very Lando-esque story arc. Interested to see where that goes now.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 11:02:45 PM »

It was no secret that Harrison Ford wanted to be killed off in ROTJ.  Everyone should have seen it coming in TFA.  I thought it was nicely done, killed by his son that he was trying to save.  He didn't go out like no chump.

As for Lando, well let me catch you up on CANON after ROTJ. 
- Lando helps Lobot and the Rebels on Cloud City to overthrow the Imperial control.
- Lando starts his own business where he makes droids.
- Young Ben Solo calls him uncle. 
And that's about it.

What I hope for is for IX to take place a few years after TLJ.  Start off with a funeral for Leia, have Lando there, Wedge, and pick up from there. 

As bad as TLJ was, there are still some nuggets there I'd like to see play out.  One, is Snooke says darkness rises and light to meet it, he suggests that he always believed it would be Skywalker.  How could it be Skywalker?  Luke was already master and therefore could not "rise" to meet Kylo's darkness - he would have already been there.  Could there be another Skywalker????

The line I really like is "Strike me down in anger and I'll always be with you, just like your father."  I hope they do something with that. 

Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171553
  • Total Topics: 14450
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 45 queries.