Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2020, 12:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

30 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rogue One IMPERIAL COMBAT ASSAULT TANK  (Read 1511 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rogue One IMPERIAL COMBAT ASSAULT TANK
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »

Well, I never said I was waiting for clearance prices.  I just mentioned that it would be better to get it at TRU instead of a collectibles store cause Toys R Us has sales quite often and you can buy it at TRU and price adjust if it goes on sale.

That's what I plan to do if I see it.  However, given how expensive it is, I wouldn't be terribly sad either if I don't ever see it.

It's just sad to see how the prices have soared though.  I remember when $150 gets you a Big At At.  Now, you get some small tank.  Mind you, it looks really well done and is really cool.  It's just a matter of can I afford it with all the other stuff I also want to get.  Really wish they gave us the Tank Commander with it at least though.  If I do get it, I'll just man it with my Scarif Troopers.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 07:43:24 PM »

Well, I never said I was waiting for clearance prices.  I just mentioned that it would be better to get it at TRU instead of a collectibles store cause Toys R Us has sales quite often and you can buy it at TRU and price adjust if it goes on sale.

That's what I plan to do if I see it.  However, given how expensive it is, I wouldn't be terribly sad either if I don't ever see it.

It's just sad to see how the prices have soared though.  I remember when $150 gets you a Big At At.  Now, you get some small tank.  Mind you, it looks really well done and is really cool.  It's just a matter of can I afford it with all the other stuff I also want to get.  Really wish they gave us the Tank Commander with it at least though.  If I do get it, I'll just man it with my Scarif Troopers.

LOL no no, I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone in particular, it's just a general feeling that collectors are ranting about pricing, the lack of packed in figure, etc. Criticism on this product is everywhere on the web and social media. I simply don't get it...  :confused0024:

It's a fact that prices are going up. Every figure and shipos have gone up in price. Not just the Rogue One Tank. It started with TFA products: X-Wing Fighters at 70$? Tie Fighters at 60$? Insane. Then for TLJ, Kylo Ren's Tie at 79$?? Insane pricing. So, given that, why not expect a price above 100$ for a Vintage Collection, ultra detailed ship? If we put things into perspective (comparing a nice collector-oriented product to the lame kids-oriented products), 120$ for this nice toy is not too much.

The era where we could find SW figures for less than 10$, Deluxe figures for 15$ and nice ships for 50$ is long gone. We have to accept it. Star Wars is a cash machine and there's no stopping Disney and Hasbro now. They know the brand sells, to some extent, so they will continue the price hike over time. Toys are luxury products. And they know adults have the cash to afford them. Proof: most SW collectors have purchased high-end collectibles like Sideshow, Figma, Hot Toys and Gentle Giant statues. Hasbro certainly feels the opportunity to rise their price a bit without killing the incentive. eBay is filled with evidence that collectors' behavior is not erratic but rather very predictable: they will pay huge amounts (150$) for a figure that originally sold for 15$...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »

I think we're giving Hasbro a lot of credit. All they've done since 1995 is over-provide early waves & leave us wanting near the end of every line. I don't see that changing. The tank won't likely go to sale, that's a fair conclusion, but I don't think they've learned their lesson by any stretch.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »

I really think this tank is just too expensive, but I broke down and pre-ordered it at Northmen Collectibles.  Sure, if I find it at TRU, I can hold onto the receipt and hope to price adjust it later, but in the end, it's not worth the hassle as the most I would save based on the way the sales go is $10 over the Northmen price.

I'm so gonna regret it when the bill comes, but I'll regret it even more if I don't get it and decide sometime in the future when it's all sold out.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 05:25:50 PM »

FYI the TRU I saw them in they were in the collectors section and had the anti theft elastic straps on, digging into the corners of the box. For those who like MIMB, you'll want to go somewhere else

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:03 PM »

I'm regretting not getting the Jedha Revolt pack when it was still available at Winners.  That guy would fit in the right seat of the Assault Tank and avoid me having to get 3 VC ones when they come out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174653
  • Total Topics: 14577
  • Online Today: 46
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 30
Total: 31

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 44 queries.