Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 10:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FAN EXPO - HasbroStore Line Bypass  (Read 767 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
FAN EXPO - HasbroStore Line Bypass
« on: August 20, 2018, 02:49:39 PM »

Got an Fan Expo email this morning that HasbroStore line bypass is available and you can register.....but I haven't been able to see/open the registration form....I get redirected to Hasbro's website home page.  Anyone else out there having the same issue??

(I'm thinking they might have sent out the email without it actually being ready.)

Also.....

VC Dr. Aphra Special Action Figure Set - $69.99
BS Han Solo with Mynock - $59.99
Forces of Destiny Chewbacca with Porgs - $69.99 (but I don't really care to pick this up)...except for Ookk.
Starkiller Base Centerpiece with Rey and Kylo - $149.99 (but I don't really care to pick this up).....expensive garbage.

I'm also hoping that they have non-exclusive merchandise there as well like they did last year.  Maybe they will have the BS Zuckuss there (as Hasbrostore is managed in partnership with ToysRUs Canada) or at least some Vintage Collection 3.75 inch figures (Wave 2) and I still need a BS Rebel Fleet Trooper.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:14:52 PM by IanToronto »

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: FAN EXPO - HasbroStore Line Bypass
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:12 PM »

Got an Fan Expo email this morning that HasbroStore line bypass is available and you can register.....but I haven't been able to see/open the registration form....I get redirected to Hasbro's website home page.  Anyone else out there having the same issue??

(I'm thinking they might have sent out the email without it actually being ready.)

Also.....

VC Dr. Aphra Special Action Figure Set - $69.99
BS Han Solo with Mynock - $49.99
Forces of Destiny Chewbacca with Porgs - TBD (but I don't really care to pick this up)...except for Ookk.
Starkiller Base Centerpiece with Rey and Kylo - TBD (but I don't really care to pick this up).....expensive garbage.

I'm also hoping that they have non-exclusive merchandise there as well like they did last year.  Maybe they will have the BS Zuckuss there (as Hasbrostore is managed in partnership with ToysRUs Canada) or at least some Vintage Collection 3.75 inch figures (Wave 2) and I still need a BS Rebel Fleet Trooper.

I'm going on Thursday and Saturday.

I've never had that much of a problem with the lines there anyway, so i didn't bother with the line thing, but I did try clicking on it and not really being directed where you could buy such a pass.  Tried pretty much everything to find it for you but gave up. 

neospike

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »

I've never been to the Fan Expo and I really only want the VC Aphra set.  Do they sell out of these items?

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »

I've never been to the Fan Expo and I really only want the VC Aphra set.  Do they sell out of these items?

I remember the Jyn exclusive a couple years back was in fact, sold out.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 09:22:13 AM »

I know my brother has gone to the fan expo year for last 17 years and they usually always have a lot of stock.  but he always said to get it the first day especially if it is something big. I know he has gotten me the star wars ex last few years without any issues. going to get the alpha three pack and the Han Mynock one.
With Wookie Rage

boba_fett300

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Born To Hunt Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »

I want the Aphra set. Can anyone help me with one?

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »

Well I'm going on Thursday, but last year they were very adamant about buying more than one of anything at the Hasbro store.  Of course, I just sent in my wife later on to get more (especially since my daughter also wanted some and they were kinda jerks about not letting me buy two Reys).  I'm also going on Saturday, so if they have any I may be able to get a 2nd set.

Long Story short,  PM me on Friday!

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »

I will be going everyday!!  I hope to come out with a few sets of everything to help other collectors abroad. 

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 08:16:18 AM »

you can still get it online for retail. Shipping might be expensive though:

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e16280000?catName=

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »

So Fan Expo was nice - got in and out - no lines at the Hasbro Store, and the limit this year was 2. 

Also, Dr. Aphra was $59.99, not $69.99.  Had to double-check my receipt but yup - not only are we getting all the exclusives the USA isn't, but even the ones they do get we're getting cheaper!

Interesting tidbits:

• They still had some of 2017 exclusives.  And get this: ON SALE. 
    They had Thrawn - Price - $39.99.  Yup- $30 off from last year.  Since that exclusive is literally my most favourite figure in my whole collection, I picked up two.  They also had the speeder (I forget the price - I think 79.99 though) and the Rey/Luke which was also 39.99
  • They didn't have regular figures on sales like they did last year.  There wasn't a Force Friday release so that's not surprising, really
  • EB Games had Wolffes, Solo Chewies and Piett but no Gamorreans :(
  • The line Bypass would have been worthless.  Literally you could get in there and they had all the stock in the pack and you just gave them your list Consumers Distributing style.  It was nice, actually.   It was the best setup for them I think so far - much better than the crowded snake-trail you went through last year.

I imagine the reason they had enough 2017 Exclusives left to put on sale is last year the limit was 1.  They were super stingy last year, wouldn't even let me buy 2 regular Reys.  Seemed to backfire a little.

The extra Aphra I got is spoken for now.  The extra Exogorth is available at cost + shipping to whomever wants it.

The Thrawns I'm holding on to for now. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:27:05 PM by dangerlinto »

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 11:12:31 PM »

So I hear a TVC Phasma was a big show reveal at Fan expo.  Is anyone here excited?  Is it possible they might reveal more by Sunday or was this it ?

neospike

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 03:51:43 AM »

So Fan Expo was nice - got in and out - no lines at the Hasbro Store, and the limit this year was 2. 

Also, Dr. Aphra was $59.99, not $69.99.  Had to double-check my receipt but yup - not only are we getting all the exclusives the USA isn't, but even the ones they do get we're getting cheaper!

Interesting tidbits:

• They still had some of 2017 exclusives.  And get this: ON SALE. 
      They had Thrawn - Price - $39.99.  Yup- $30 off from last year.  Since that exclusive is literally my most favourite figure in my whole collection, I picked up two.
    I wish I could go to Fan Expo.  I really want that Aphra set and Thrawn even more so!  I never came across him in the wild, and I would absolutely love this SDCC exclusive.  He is my favourite baddie after all.  If someone can help me out, please let me know.

So I hear a TVC Phasma was a big show reveal at Fan expo.  Is anyone here excited?  Is it possible they might reveal more by Sunday or was this it ?

Another repack from the Walmart exclusive Black series versus the reveal of a 6" TBS figure whose facial scars change depending on the temperature of the room?  What's not to be excited about?[/list]
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:37:29 AM by neospike »

Subcoolin

• Empire
    • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »

Neospike....check your PM

dangerlinto

• Empire
    • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 03:59:43 PM »

I was back there again today and the Thrawns were gone.  I noticed some of the of other Hasbro Exclusives were sold out as well (not Aphra or Han though).

Artists Alley is still the best part of Fan Expo - by a wide margin

Subcoolin

• Empire
    • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »

I'm heading down shortly.  I've gone over budget for sure....however I'm sure I'll be able to help some others out.  I really like the alley also.  I wonder if the sale prices will come into effect today or tmw?? 
    Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
    Stats
    • Total Posts: 171555
    • Total Topics: 14450
    • Online Today: 16
    • Online Ever: 406
    • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
    Users Online
    Users: 1
    Guests: 14
    Total: 15

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 45 queries.