Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 06:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Case lots  (Read 239 times)

Killrover

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I am not a llama! I am a human being...sorta...
    • View Profile
Case lots
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:49:09 PM »

In the past, you could buy case lits of figures from Brian's toys and other US distributors.  Can't find this option now. Any ideas?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
Re: Case lots
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:19:57 AM »

Northmen collectibles sells figures by the case, and I'm sure Entertainment Earth still must as well - but you'd need a US shipping address for the second option, or be willing to pay the shipping from California.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 09:31:22 AM »

Guys " all snowtroopers", I STRONGLY discourage anyone ordering from NorthmenCollectables going forward. And if you have any pending orders, now is the time to get on the phone/email them /go to them like I did(Queen st. Toronto) and be persistent!
My 2 cents.
Will NEVER order from him again.
(Peter to Paul senario going on)
DarthDerek. :(

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 10:26:26 AM »

Guys " all snowtroopers", I STRONGLY discourage anyone ordering from NorthmenCollectables going forward. And if you have any pending orders, now is the time to get on the phone/email them /go to them like I did(Queen st. Toronto) and be persistent!
My 2 cents.
(Peter to Paul senario going on)
DarthDerek. :(

What happened?

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 11:07:03 AM »

I had better luck with cmdstore.ca for case lots. All my case orders showed up double boxed.

NMC took forever to ship out stuff to me. I had to call them a couple times to follow-up on orders. I won't order from these guys ever again.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:13:54 AM by IanToronto »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 11:56:27 AM »

Would you guys mind putting something in the negative feedback area then, please? Sorry for the bad recommendation.  :speechless-smiley-004:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 05:11:31 PM »

My 2 cents.

Yeah, this. I used to also order some non-SW collectibles from them too, but after a very negative experience just trying to get my ordered items, decided that I wouldn't give them any more of my business. 

While it wasn't my experience, the main complaint I saw on other forums is that they aren't always able to procure what you pre-order from them, and by the time they cancel your order, that item has already hit retail, sold out, leaving you high and dry unless you want to get it from expensive secondary sources e.g. ebay.

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 07:55:17 PM »

This is my experience with them. U pay when the item arrives at his distributor which then takes weeks to over a month to arrive at his store. Then he needs to sort and get items together to ship out to you which can delay things further. I think most people get frustrated cuz u pay way in advance rather than like other places which only charge you when your item ships to you. Sometimes there are very long delays but so far Iím lucky in that no orders have been cancelled and items always arrive for me in good condition. I have been doing all my preorders from him but by the time I get it I often see the item in store or on amazon at reduced pricing already. For me, as long as he continues to get my preorders out eventually in good condition I will keep my preorders with him but if he starts cancelling or not delivering I will have to reconsider.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »

Ok , so here is my experience.
I have made 4 orders through him this year.
(1st)Earlier this year made a BS6"Tarkin preorder around April. I totally expecting to wait.

(2nd)made a 4-Lom preorder around May. Again, I'm in no rush and totally expecting to wait for it.

Ok this is where things didn't feel right.⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

(3rd) NorthmanCollectables website had a sale around June/July, so I decided to make a order consisting of about 6-8 items that were all on sale, and according the the website, ALL INSTOCK!
So about a month goes by with no deliveries yet.
Now I didn't think to much of it at the time, even though I was a little puzzled about the delayed 3rd order, that order should have already shipped, it was all INSTOCK.  But I assumed that Northman was waiting for my first preorder ( BS Tarkin) to arrive and then ship both my 1st and 3rd order altogether in one shipment to save on shipping cost for them. And I assumed this because By this time Tarkin was already all over Walmart stores, and figured Tarkin preorder should arrive very soon.

Another two weeks goes by and BS Tarkin has shown to be NOW INSTOCK at NorthmenCollectables but I still don't see any delivery confirmation.  Now I'm alittle worried.

So at this time a collector friend of mine mentioned he saw northman at a trade show and mentioned that he loosely knows him, So I asked friend to see if you can get my order from the trade show and take it so he could give it to me, and this will save Northmen shipping costs, as this is what I thought was the issue.......boy was I wrong.

So my friend delivers one item (BS REY SPEEDER) out of 8-9 items of both my order (1) and order (3).
Now I'm thinking what the HECk!  But Finally a week later the rest of my order was delivered and the remainder of orders 1 and 3 are now complete. All items were nice and packed well. Although I thought INSTOCK items took way to long to be delivered, I was happy to have my sale priced items finally.😀

It's early September , all is fine, I'm only waiting for my preorder (#2) 4-Lom order, and I know that 4-Lom hasn't come in for online retailers yet, so again, I'm not worried.

Ok here we go again!!! :P
(4th) Order.  It's first week of October and I notice again that NorthmenCollectables is having another FALL SALE. So I take a look and see many things I'm interested in.

So I make my (4th) order and I make sure that I DO NOT make any preorder and only purchase INSTOCK, FOR DISCOUNT items so that I get my order in a timely matter.

My (4th) order was:
- 17 TVC 3.75" Kylo Rens @$4.99ea.
- 17 TVC 3.75" Rey @$4.99ea.
- 6   TVC Jynn Erso @$4.99ea.
- 1   EE Exclusive Six Astromech Droid set @$29.99
- 1   1983 Kenner Baggie Salacious figure @$4.99
- 1   1983 Kenner Baggie Jabba hooka pipe @$4.99

The order was close to $300 so I knew that I was over the $100 threshold for free shipping.

OK HERE IS THE BIG THING ,I also ordered from another online retailer (in Toronto just like Northmen) on the same day and that retailers order which was much bigger in size, arrives the next day.....WOW!👍

Ok , Two weeks go by and nothing happens from Northmen. :sign0065:   Emagine ordering from a Ebay Seller and they haven't even shipped yet!  But this is supose to be a Newer big Canadian online retailer.  :fighting0003:

Ok it's about October 21st and I start to try and find out about my order, mainly because all those $4.99 TVC figures were intended to be Halloween trick or treat gifts. ( we get a lot of kids 300-400) ... (REALLY...LOL)

So I phone him ( he is a one man show) and I email him, and I correspond through the Northmen Website.
I end up speaking to him 4 time on the phone, and getting two or three email responds, to my emails.
This guy has Zero Customer service skills. First conversation he is just blaming the world ! It's everyone else's fault, hasbros fault, other customers fault, Canada's postal partial strikes fault, "how can I get anything done if you customers expect your deliveries".......WHAT!?!?
He bragged about getting out 5, that's right FIVE parcels for delivery the other day.

BUT! When I ask him what any of this has to do with my (4th) order. He goes back to the same rant....Hasbro this, Hasbro That etc etc etc.    Each time the correspondents ends with "Let me lookin to it, email me your order number"........AND THEN NOTHING, until I start calling all over again.
This happens over and over, for about a week and a half. STILL NO DELIVERY!!!   >:( :mad0177: :mad0137:

So I finally email him and call him one more time, saying "before I make a Visa Claim" please get my order ready and I will drive to your store and pick it up.

So again I speak to him ( each time it's like I'm talking to him for the very first time.....FRUSTRATING AS HELL!)
I tell him I will see him tomorrow .

NOVEMBER 7th
I drive two hours to Toronto, to get to Northmens store for their opening of 12:30pm
I buzz in and walk upstairs to meet Austin and his 10foot X 10 foot office which is jammed with a desk, a phone, a computer Screen, and boxes to the ceiling with only a foot and a half wide isle that leads from the front door of the bedroom to the desk on the back wall.

While I was there he didn't say hello, he complained to me and another collector that was their that when people phone and he doesent awnser , " don't be f..king stupid and call right back, come on!".  I found this funny, because this is the only way I could get him to awnser me back....lol.

So anyways, I'm there his store.  I said I have all the time in the world and that I would just like to recieve my order.
He is like " look at this place(messy) how can I get to anything" ...... I'm thinking WHAT!?!?! This guy has no idea what he is doing, A good looking website ,sure, sure, but as I see what is behind the Wizzard of OZ curtain I know now that this operation is a bust!

So after all this one might think he would had my order somewhat ready as I was coming .......NOPE!

But here is the worst thing. (Refer to my 4th order above) he could not fulfill my TVC Kylo RENs, he couldn't ful fill my Rey's, gave me all Jynns instead and on top of that, he shorted me two figures without compensation(38 of 40 figs).  His reasoning, "What, you got them on sale".
I did get the 1983 hooka pipe, but he said he doesent know where the 1983 Salacious was, AND! WAS NOT WILLING TO LOOK.
THE EE exclusive six droid set that I really wanted, he said he can't get to it right now , there in the back corner and there are other boxes in front of them. He said "I will ship them to you later".

I disagreed with this, and said, I drove two hours to get my order , and I'm not leaving here until this order is settled in some form or another. :fight:

Bottom line! after lookin around on a few other FaceBook collector sites, there are people saying the same thing!
Looks like he ships easy orders like 1 figure that just came in etc.
Larger , harder orders he doesent fulfill.

Now this dosent really go to you SNOWTROOPERS but more too others that might see this site and are the ones on Facebook sites wondering where your bigger orders are?

IF I WENT DOWN TO HIS STORE, AND HE WAS NOT WILLING TO NOT BE LAZY AND FULFILL MY ORDER, OF WHICH HE SAID HE HAD , FROM A TEN FOOT BY TEN FOOT ROOM (not very hard). 
THEN WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR CHANCES ARE OF GETTING YOUR ORDER SHIPPED TO YOU?

DarthDerek :u:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »

Thank you for writing it up. I hope your orders get worked out asap.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »

Thank you for writing it up. I hope your orders get worked out asap.
Thanks JJ
Sorry for taking over the wrong thread.
 :u:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »

Now you have me worried about the pre-order I did for that newest case of 6 inch figures.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171948
  • Total Topics: 14474
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 8
Total: 9

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 44 queries.