Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 02:15:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

13 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay, China, and Canada Post  (Read 1045 times)

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
Ebay, China, and Canada Post
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:06:09 PM »

I don't know how widespread this is, but I've had two orders cancelled in the last two days.

According to one seller, China Post is not accepting mail to Canada right now due to the strike.

Apparently this just started in the past day or so.

From the seller:

The Canada postal union is oranizing a stirke now,and the postoffice stop the shipping to Ca form today,i can not send it out,sorry.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay, China, and Canada Post
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »

That sucks.  I honestly really hate Canadapost.  I don't even use them anymore unless I need to ship within Canada. 

Funny thing is that it's cheaper for me to ship to Canada using USPS than it is to ship with Canadapost.  It's just that I don't want my packages going through US customs and then back through Canada customs.

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »

You might like this Darth Woo.

One of the purchases was for a TRU exclusive 3.75" Star Lord.  It uses the MU Steve Rogers head sculpt, but with darker hair. 

I planned on using that head for the 25th Anniversary Flash.  Never cared for the head that came with it.  In my opinion, it looks nothing like the comic, cartoon, original figure, or card art.

The MU Steve Rogers head is the only head I've found so far that gets closest to my "head cannon" Flash (i.e. the original card art) so when I saw the Star Lord auction at a decent price, I was all over it.

I'm hoping when the strike is over, Chinese sellers will quickly re-start shipping. 

I want to finish off my Flash dagnabit.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:45:13 PM »

Lots of them also don't ship to Canada because it can take up to 3 months to arrive and they get a lot of people asking for refund because item hasn't arrived.  :(

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »

I want to finish off my Flash dagnabit.

Have you thought of using Mouse's head for Flash?

Had to give him a vintage helmet to fit on the head though.

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »

Hadn't considered Mouse.

I've mostly checked out customiser sites for options (like Vortious Customs), but that MU Rogers head had really stuck out to me. 

It's shape is closer to the original Flash than the 25th one is (more oblong than round like the 25th Flash), the hair reminds me of Flash's illustrated appearances, and the intensity on its face is reminiscent of the orginal card art.

Ultimately my kids will be getting it so it probably doesn't really matter if I can "improve" the head or not, but since Flash is one of my faves and the 25th version (in my opinion) was so off target, if I get the chance to pick up a good replacement at an acceptable price (i.e. single digit shipped), I probably will. 

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 06:22:39 PM »

Yeah, the vintage Flash was one of my favourites.  He was my first OG13 figure and I got him as a mail order and it arrived right when I was in the hospital.  My dad brought it (and the hooded CC that I got on the same order) to me there.  That's why I had to improve on that head they gave him. I also had to give him a black laser and green backpack too.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »

I didn't get Flash until they rereleased him with swivel arm battle grip - one of my favourite all-time action figures from any line, ever. Absolutely amazing.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »

Lots of them also don't ship to Canada because it can take up to 3 months to arrive and they get a lot of people asking for refund because item hasn't arrived.  :(

Canada Post employee here (please don't kill me) It take so long to process them because we receive too many at the same time. We don't have the taskforce to process more rapidly and Canada Post don't want to create more job to correct that problem...

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »

Same issue here. Had other packages leave earlier this week but got an email from a seller yesterday from Singapore saying he was unable to ship to Canada. Told him I had other packages ship out from HK and china earlier this week with no problems. Hes going to retry on Monday to see if anything has changed.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 12:24:31 AM »

So, I just found out, it's actually Canada Post telling international carriers not to ship because of the backlog caused by the job action. It's actually Canada Post's fault. More reason for me to hate Canada Post.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 12:27:13 AM »

Canada Post employee here (please don't kill me) It take so long to process them because we receive too many at the same time. We don't have the taskforce to process more rapidly and Canada Post don't want to create more job to correct that problem...

It's not just Canada Post. Apparently, there is a backlog of International trailers sitting at the Richmond sporting hub. Canada Customs is not able to clear them fast enough.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 08:56:21 AM »

I also read, Canada Post is telling other countries not to ship to Canada right now. With Black Friday sales starting this situation is going to be bad.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »

it is a difficult situation but I will never fault a worker for trying to get what they (and all of us) truly deserve.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »

it is a difficult situation but I will never fault a worker for trying to get what they (and all of us) truly deserve.

I dont either, but I do blame unions for being out of touch with reality and setting unrealistic demands. Its gotten to the point that I just dont use Canadapost to send anymore. After the last time they threatened job action, I just had it with them and sought out alternatives.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172064
  • Total Topics: 14478
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 13
Total: 15

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 44 queries.