Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 15, 2019, 09:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

7 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay, China, and Canada Post  (Read 1353 times)

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay, China, and Canada Post
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 12:52:06 PM »

it is a difficult situation but I will never fault a worker for trying to get what they (and all of us) truly deserve.

I dont either, but I do blame unions for being out of touch with reality and setting unrealistic demands. Its gotten to the point that I just dont use Canadapost to send anymore. After the last time they threatened job action, I just had it with them and sought out alternatives.

Hey Woo what recommendations do you have for other shipping options with comparable shipping costs to Canada Post?

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »

I use a company called Chit Chats. Most of my shipments go to the US though. For Canadian, I still use CanadaPost, but through Chit Chats.  Look them up. Chitchats.com

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 06:54:55 PM »

I use a company called Chit Chats. Most of my shipments go to the US though. For Canadian, I still use CanadaPost, but through Chit Chats.  Look them up. Chitchats.com

That's an interesting alternative. Anything to avoid Canada Post in the future might be the best. This service is doomed and the sooner the better. 2% raise per year guaranteed is often more than most of what people working in private companies get, without even a job security. Maybe it's time we turn this public service into a private company. And open the market to other players. Maybe costs would go down a bit... and service quality go up as well...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »

Never heard of them before. Thx for the tip. Will check it out.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 10:08:46 PM »

darth woo mentioned chitchats to me. its mostly around the toronto area for this area. nothing towards hamilton or niagara :/ too bad! they might start freaking out canada post if they expand! ya never know! i hope so! canada posts prices are crap.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »

They are expanding. They do use Canadapost for Canadian shipments, but it's cheaper than Canadapost because all Canadian shipments are treated as shipped within the province because they dont scan package acceptance until it gets to the destination  province sorting plant.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 05:19:58 AM »

a true! sorry, my mistake. i know they still use canada post within canada so i wasnt quite right there~! i actually have a package coming from toronto that used chitchats. first time ive had something use them.

great! I hope they come this way. a good way to get some better shipping prices when i get around to selling stuff whenever that will be. no time soon. got other hobbys to work on :S

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 11:30:32 PM »

darth woo mentioned chitchats to me. its mostly around the toronto area for this area. nothing towards hamilton or niagara :/ too bad! they might start freaking out canada post if they expand! ya never know! i hope so! canada posts prices are crap.

Hey bob, whereabouts you located? Hamilton, or Niagara? I'm in Niagara myself.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 01:25:16 PM »

a true! sorry, my mistake. i know they still use canada post within canada so i wasnt quite right there~! i actually have a package coming from toronto that used chitchats. first time ive had something use them.

great! I hope they come this way. a good way to get some better shipping prices when i get around to selling stuff whenever that will be. no time soon. got other hobbys to work on :S

Honestly, the prices of Canada Post are crazy when it's cheaper for me (using Chit Chats) to ship across Canada using USPS vs. going through Canada Post.  USPS 1st Class International is like $9 and using Canadapost for the same package was $12.  And that is actually already the discounted Canada Post rate I get using Chit Chats.  If I went through Canada Post directly, I think it was $15.  However, I still didn't use the USPS option because I didn't want my package going through US Customs and then right back again through Canada customs.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 10:23:58 PM »

Hey bob, whereabouts you located? Hamilton, or Niagara? I'm in Niagara myself.

ya man, im in the niagara region too.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 10:27:30 PM »

Honestly, the prices of Canada Post are crazy when it's cheaper for me (using Chit Chats) to ship across Canada using USPS vs. going through Canada Post.  USPS 1st Class International is like $9 and using Canadapost for the same package was $12.  And that is actually already the discounted Canada Post rate I get using Chit Chats.  If I went through Canada Post directly, I think it was $15.  However, I still didn't use the USPS option because I didn't want my package going through US Customs and then right back again through Canada customs.

how would you use USPS to ship across canada ? i get how u can get a chitchat discount cause your using there system. how much does that cost a month? im assuming if you ship enough the ends justify the means. i just dont understand how you can ship across canada using USPS if your shipping from Canada. you got this whole postal game worked right out! haha

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 09:57:21 PM »

No monthly fee. You pay a fee per shipment. I dont use USPS to ship across Canada, but the option is there.

Basically, they send it to the US and then back to Canada. But will take a long time  so I never used it. Just saying that it sucks that it's cheaper to ship across Canada by using USPS.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2018, 01:01:14 AM »

ah ok! i see. thats a weird option. no wonder i didnt get it! not that i havenet been confused before or anything but still.

canada post is really annoying this time. whiners! they do this every year or other year but this time its really screwing with christmas coming etc etc. go work for walmart or some place like that and see how bad your good paying job is.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:33:01 AM by bob »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2018, 10:01:10 AM »

I blame the union. The employees have to listen  to the union. There are those who think they have a great deal but the union wont let those people speak up.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »

First of all, it was not a good deal, and second, Christmas will be fine, there's no 600 trucks that wait to be unloaded, it's a story that they invented and that the media relied and it's working.

Coming back at the good deal, are you referring to the truce they offered us? Let's stop all this non-sense with a cooling off period that goes to february 1st and when the parcels volume will go down, then they could lock-us out, no thank you.

It's funny that when some workers just want a decent raise (the 2% they offered us represent a 0.53$/hour raise) people are going crazy, but when those who employ us, make 600 000$ a year and then gave themself a 33% bonus just because they can (198 000$) nobody says a word.

And believe me, I would like if every time we have to negotiate a new CA, it would go smoothly and quickly, but that's not how Canada Post work, they know that every time, the government will go with a law to end this. Now the major problems that cause all this is health and safety, we have the highest rate of work injury in the country. That's what we are trying to do, reduce the accidents but Canada Post don't care.

I will end this by saying that I respect your opinions wether you agree or disagree with what's happening here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172275
  • Total Topics: 14487
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 7
Total: 8

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 44 queries.