Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 15, 2019, 09:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

12 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay, China, and Canada Post  (Read 1352 times)

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay, China, and Canada Post
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2018, 04:26:08 AM »

i ordered some audio cables and they all got cancelled (diff sellers too) cause of the postal crap. the one guy said the same thing ''we no longer have this in stock'' i even said ''are you sure its not cause of CP like everyone else is telling me?'' i dont like people that b.s too much so i had to say something.

im biting my tongue too. someone i went to school with works for CP,hes a smart guy but can be arrogant and overboard about stuff. hes going on about how CP was lying to everyone saying parcels will be late yadda yadda, we put out 1 million things on such and such a day during the strike. i knew he was full of it though cause clearly there was going to be some problems. im still tempted to mention this and that but whatever i guess :/

someone did send me what i wanted though but that didnt happen till 3 canceled orders then finally 1 that went for it. good luck in the future to you!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 08:19:45 PM »

I can't expressed how mad and furious I am about this whole CP situation. I don't want to offend people, but let's say I feel the union and those which they represent are acting like greedy children. Like said, most working people have half of what the CP employees have. Their conditions is miles better than what most have in their life. They can't choose their "routes" anymore? Gimme a break, will ya!! When my boss tells me to work on a file or a project, do you think I have the choice to do it or not? The only choice I have is to quit and look for something else. My job contract, like most, tells that I get paid to get the job done. Not to decide what job I'd prefer doing.

Anyway, the delivery date for my Toronto package has again been pushed back by 3 more days! Wouhou! Screw you CP!!

And my chinese package? The vendor cancelled the transaction and told me, like for the others, that they don't have anything in stock for me and that they will not sell to Canada anymore. I'm left without nothing. Again, thank you very much CP! My opinion of this service has gone down the drain...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »

Even before the strike, lots of sellers from Asia stopped selling to Canada. Delivery takes too long and too many people file claims. Problem is it takes up to 3 months sometimes but you have to open your claim within 60 days so buyers have to file a claim and the item shows up after. Rather than deal with it, they just state no shipping to Canada.  Its really frustrating when I see something I want but cant get because seller wont ship to Canada.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »

I just wish there was a economical way to ship to the US with a tracking number. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2018, 07:20:42 PM »

Thanks to these strikes at Canada Post, a package that was shipped on Nov. 28th will take more than 15 days to get from Toronto to Montreal, thus ruining the gift I wanted to send to a dear friend.

Moreover, a package that was shipped from China almost 3 months ago never reached me, a first in 10 years. It's probably "lost" in bins filled with undelivered packages.

And I have 2 other packages coming from the USA that will now never make it in time for XMas. These were gifts for my daughters. Thanks for ruining that for me again.

It's more than time we get a private postal service. Amazon, Walmart, please develop your own mailing services! It's now time to act. Never been so pissed off. And I'm sure many others are as well...  >:(

That sucks. 

By the way, Amazon has it's own shipping service.  That's how the last few things I bought were shipped by them.  It's hit and miss whether it'll be Canada Post or their own service though.  I am pissed though as I bought an Xbox One for my daughter on Black Friday sales.  It arrived in 2 days (I'm not even a Prime member) but I there was someone home all day long and they delivery guy never bothered to knock on the door or ring the doorbell.  He just left it on the doorstep and uploaded a picture to the Amazon account as proof he delivered it and even had a survey asking how I felt about the picture.  Needless to say, they didn't get a glowing recommendation.  They practically left the Xbox one on my doorstep without even checking to see if anyone was home.  Luckily I was checking online my order status and saw the picture and quickly went out to get it.

For Walmart, I have it shipped to the store.  They send it on their Walmart truck.  Takes a lot longer, but I don't have to use Canada post at least and I know it won't be left on my doorstep.

Leaving the package on the front door and taking a picture is not Canada Post, here in the Montréal Region it's a company called intelcom that do this. They are paid for delivering a package and if they bring it back, no money. So when you order from amazon and they drop the parcel, just contact amazon the next day and say that the package was stolen, easy refund and free goodies for you.

Now, about that so call backlog, it's not as important as CP claims, but they continue to claim such things because they know that many are already mad at us, so they continue to feed that anger by claiming huge delays. The truth is that most of the parcels that will be delayed are those ordered from outside Canada, mostly China and mostly those without tracking numbers. Why China? When ordering from outside Canada, there are deal with those country that spli the amount of the shipping rates goes to both countries, not with China. I mean, it costs more to send a letter to your neighbour (1$) than ordering something from China (free shipping) so Canada Post gets nothing or almost nothing and as a good business, they prefer to priorize those that spent millions of dollars in shipping (Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and more) and if they have time, treat China Post. It's been like that even before the strike and like that last Christmas. Also, let's not forget that before the packages are relased to Canada Post, hey must be cleared from Customs and even they are overwhelmed with these.

PC doesn't have the work force to deliver all these parcels, so they offer the delivery in overtime on a voluntary basis, so if not many want to do overtime, parcels stays in the plant. Also, at then end f our shift, if we have to bring back stuff, we are to make sure that all ouf flyers are delivered, mail and parcels can be brought back...

I really hope that everything your ordered that is still in the postal service somewhere in the world gets to you before christmas

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »

Even before the strike, lots of sellers from Asia stopped selling to Canada. Delivery takes too long and too many people file claims. Problem is it takes up to 3 months sometimes but you have to open your claim within 60 days so buyers have to file a claim and the item shows up after. Rather than deal with it, they just state no shipping to Canada.  Its really frustrating when I see something I want but cant get because seller wont ship to Canada.

i saw that as well just from the way it works and i always held out as long as possible to ask for a refund (which wasnt often). i realized the more u complain and not wait they might not want to send to Canada anymore. some poeple are too selfish to get that so i can totally see why this has happened. i always waited to ask for a refund at the end of the expiration shipping period. not the first date but the last! also, it isnt there fault if it takes so long either. you are getting FREE shipping so duuh. most the times it worked out and i got my package but sometimes it never showed up so i would ask them for a refund. not even filing a claim. just asking before that happens.

i have stuff thats suppose to be here by the end of Dec but with all this who knows how much longer its going to take. thats the end of the shipping of period too so im sure they wont be too impressed if i tell them it hasnt arrived.  :/

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »

I ordered Bespin Han from a Toronto seller quite some time ago.  It finally came in and he mailed the parcel to me on November 27.  It didn’t arrive until last Sunday, Dec 9 - that’s right, on a Sunday!  I guess they are trying to catch up...but 13 days for a local delivery?

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 06:41:26 PM »

Given what's happening today in the news, we should just stop buying things from China (and I say this as someone who is Canadian-chinese).  Their government has detained a Canadian in retaliation for us detaining one of their executives and there's a move overseas to boycott Canadian products.

Never mind that they have a "President for life" now which is about as close to an Emperor Palpatine as you can get in the real-world, and their new "social credit" system which tracks every single citizen through face-tracking and punishes them for any behavior that the government deems "bad" (1984's Big Brother would be proud)... it's stunning how much of a dump that country has become.

Nobody in the western world should be helping a country like that flourish and continue to grow in power and influence. Imagine trying to unionize and protest for worker rights over there, never mind the CP troubles we have here, you'd just get tossed in jail or sent to a hard labour camp for life.

Apologies for the rant - our work problems here seem trivial compared to what's happening overseas. And JTA posted an article about the sad state of their toy factory workers to top it off:
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018-12-10-nightmare-conditions-at-chinese-factories-where-hasbro-and-disney-toys-are-made/

edit: btw when I say "stop buying things from China" I don't mean overnight. Obviously the west gets insane amounts of cheap product manufactured in China and that's not going to stop in the near future. But hopefully the west can move towards more automation and innovative robotics so that we can move manufacturing back here while still keeping prices low (this won't help human workers since automation = fewer jobs, but then again people should not rely on those type of factory jobs any more going into the future, as the GM shutdown example demonstrates).   The future is us manufacturing our own goods on demand e.g. Shapeways, and home-based color 3d printing.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:49:38 PM by napseeker »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172275
  • Total Topics: 14487
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 12
Total: 15

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 45 queries.