Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 26, 2019, 12:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northman Collectibles  (Read 320 times)

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Northman Collectibles
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »

If you are looking for a great place with amazing customer support, Move Along Move Along

I ordered some figures in July that were pre-order. After seeing them come and go through the stores, I requested my order to be cancelled. Northman refused since they had most of the items but not all.
I wrote to them indicating that I no longer wanted the items and they:

- Told me I was obligated to them
- Shipped the out even though I had requested they not be
- Threatened that PayPal will not support me.

I could understand if the items I had ordered had been still on pre-order, but there were multiple occasions where the "missing" items were for sale on their site and were not used to complete the order.

From what I have read on here, this company does not have a good reputation and it will be a cold day before I buy from them again. I really hope this stops someone else from wasting their time and money with this business.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
Re: Northman Collectibles
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:24:15 AM »

I could understand if the items I had ordered had been still on pre-order, but there were multiple occasions where the "missing" items were for sale on their site and were not used to complete the order.

Did you mention to him that you saw your missing items actually listed for sale on their website?  Just wondering how he excused that (or if he even bothered).

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 09:37:26 AM »

He said that there were two types of sales, case lots and individual sales. I said that I had seen both missing items up for sale but he said it was the whole case, which I know is incorrect.

What a yutz. Live and learn.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »

I'm not being politically correct here when I say the Northmen Collectables owner Austin is a total thug, unintelligent buisness owner and Total Ass wipe! (Sorry JJ, delete if you must). Just my two cents. :mad0177:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:18:37 PM by DarthDerek »

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »

I'm not being politically correct here when I say the Northmen Collectables owner Austin is a total thug, unintelligent buisness owner and Total Ass wipe! (Sorry JJ, delete if you must). Just my two cents. :mad0177:

This came from their e-mail to me:

"This is not a negotiation. You placed an order committing to purchase items. The items were placed on hold for you and reserved as they arrived in-stock. You decided not to have them shipped until everything arrived. 1 item has remained unfulfilled, and now you want the entire order cancelled? That's not how this works and this is exactly why I have a no cancellation policy. Luckily most people understand how this stuff works so I haven't had to remove the "add to locker" option yet but these items are held once released a courtesy to people so that they can save on shipping."

If you order in July, see the items on their site and on their Amazon site and claim to still not have the items almost 6 months later.

"This is not customer service. Customer service doesn't involve holding items for someone for multiple months while they wait for their entire order to arrive and then just refunding the whole thing because they decided it took too long."

Customer service means communicating with the buyer and not dragging their order out.

As I said, yutz.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »

👍 Yep, total YUTZ!  :u:

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 08:09:51 PM »

I wasn't going to shill in this thread, but literally the exact opposite situation happened to me with redshift7.ca - we managed to out to a reasonable deal in the end with a very late shipment of pre-orders!

I don't care if it's all the way out in Saskatoon and I'm in the GTA.  This guy (Jay) gets basically all my business now.  I severely suggest you all have a look at what he's got to offer, though I suppose if it's 5POA stuff you are out of luck as he only carries Vintage Collection and Black Series from Hasbro, amongst other more premium collectibles.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »

I wasn't going to shill in this thread, but literally the exact opposite situation happened to me with redshift7.ca - we managed to out to a reasonable deal in the end with a very late shipment of pre-orders!

I don't care if it's all the way out in Saskatoon and I'm in the GTA.  This guy (Jay) gets basically all my business now.  I severely suggest you all have a look at what he's got to offer, though I suppose if it's 5POA stuff you are out of luck as he only carries Vintage Collection and Black Series from Hasbro, amongst other more premium collectibles.
Yes, I haven't ordered from them yet but a friend has said great things about him. My next pre order will be through redshift7 and or game7collectables.  I ordered a At-St from game7collectables and the order was on my doorstep the next day!....pretty sure he delivered it him self.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 04:36:35 AM »

He said that there were two types of sales, case lots and individual sales. I said that I had seen both missing items up for sale but he said it was the whole case, which I know is incorrect.

What a yutz. Live and learn.

I've mostly tried to forget about my bad experience with him, but a few things that I recall:

a) the first time I bought from him, he was actually super-friendly and was willing to come meet me (this is before he opened his storefront so it makes sense that he didn't want me to come to his home... oddly enough he reminded me of that derp Pedro from Toy Addict and long-time members know how well THAT guy turned out, see the rest of the negative feedback thread if you don't).

b) the second order didn't go so well... he emailed me to say that 90% of my order had arrived and that I had to come to his place this time to pick it up and pay for it before Saturday because if not, he was going to a toyshow on Sunday and would sell my items at the toyshow!  I was like, WTF? 

I asked why not wait until the one remaining item shows up so that I can just buy it all in one trip instead of making two tedious trips out his way?  He didn't really give a clear answer (only later, in one final angry email where he started calling me names, did he say that he has cashflow problems and that he needed the money to buy his next month's stock of items... which at least makes sense but he didn't bother to mention it until after pissing me off enough that I cancelled my order and had told him to go sell my stuff at this toyshow).

c) the really odd thing throughout our increasingly testy email exchange is how he would type up every thought that was going through his brain... like "Jesus christ, it's not even worth all this trouble just to make a profit of a few bucks from this sale..."  the way another human being might THINK this in his mind if a customer was irritating him, or maybe mumble it under their breath once the customer isn't present.  He would type it into his email... I'd read it, and wonder to myself "Seriously? You're saying this to a customer?"  and he did this for 3 of his replies back to me IIRC, like "This is so much trouble that I don't even know why I'm bothering to do this sale to you!"

Then to cap it off, each time his email would then suddenly end with an unusually friendly, "Talk to you soon, and have a great day!" (which I suppose could've been sarcastic, but it didn't seem sarcastic, and it was not a boiler plate .signature file either since the text changed a bit each time).

I honestly wondered if he realized how he was coming off.  Not that it mattered, I was happy not to give him any more business.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »

Wow Napseeker!
You articulated his personality to a tee!
I couldn't agree more with your description of him. :u:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 10:08:27 AM »

Only bought from him once. Had no issues but doubt I'd try a second order given all I've read.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172757
  • Total Topics: 14505
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 60
Total: 60

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 43 queries.