Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 15, 2019, 08:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas everyone!  (Read 511 times)

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone!
« on: December 25, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

How'd you all make out for Star Wars stuff this year?

We made an order from Target shipped to Canada so I got the Solo Trooper 6-pack, Molock Black Series and the Vandor-1 Playset. I'm very happy!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone. I got some star wars ziploc containers for Christmas.  That's it for star wars for me but I'm happy with that. Most importantly had a great day with family. ☺

Hope everyone else here had a great day as well.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 12:39:30 AM »

Merry Christmas all!   :u:
Star Wars Christmas gifts I recieved were both from my mother inlaw.  One is a black long sleeve under armour tee shirt with a huge ROTJ Death Star on the back. I was impressed.  But my second gift just blew me away and I love it.  It is a DARTH VADER Clapper! She must have ordered this from the states.  Every time you clap to turn on and off a lamp for example, the little Vader outlet head speaks back at you aswell. She is amazing!
I hope everyone's holiday is Merry!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone. We had a great Christmas, really happy to have my daughter home from University.  I did not get any Star Wars things for Christmas but that's OK.   

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.  :party0007:
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »

Merry Boxing Day!!  I picked up all 5 of the Hallmark Storyteller series today for half price!!  This may just be the last thing I purchase.  I don't know that it'll get any better than these things!!

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone. I didn't get any toys for Xmas but I did get in on that TRU sale and bought the TIE Fighter.

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »

Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays and all the best in 2019 to all my fellow Canadian SW nuts.

Jedi Historian 33

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • Who responded to the fake Bibble message in TPM?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 09:23:39 AM »

You know how you can tell your wife really loves you? When she gets you a mint-in-box vintage Slave-1 complete with instructions and Han in Carbonite for Christmas!  :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »

Nice! I got myself Dengar & Hoth Leia, but haven't seen Leia yet (I'll meet up with her when I get back to Regina in a couple of days). Also had 5POA Moloch & Hoth Leia set aside as stocking stuffers months ago.... then forgot to stuff my stocking with them. Ah well, they still count.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Glad to hear folks had a great holiday with family. I was very happy to have 2 weeks at home with mine as well.  :u:

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 12:08:04 AM »

Happy Holidays everyone!  My wife got me the Doctor Aphra Vol 1 hardcover, a couple of star wars shirts and Battlefront II.  It'll be awhile before I get to it though, got Spider-Man and Breath of the Wild too. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 08:54:13 PM »

Hope you all had a great Christmas and that you'll have a great New Year!

I didn't get much in the way of SW in terms of gifts but did get the Vandor-1 playset, Han Mudtrooper and pike figure.  I think I have all the 3.75" Solo stuff now.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 12:06:53 PM »

Nice :)

I forgot to mention a pretty cool item my wife sought out - an 8 disc cd set of the original Star Wars radio drama put on my national public radio a good few years (pre-prequels, if I'm not mistaken).

They added a good number of scenes, including Leia with Bail on Alderaan.... nothing that completely collides with modern canon so it was a great listen! Thanks, Jodi!!! <3

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:30 PM »

Nice :)

I forgot to mention a pretty cool item my wife sought out - an 8 disc cd set of the original Star Wars radio drama put on my national public radio a good few years (pre-prequels, if I'm not mistaken).

They added a good number of scenes, including Leia with Bail on Alderaan.... nothing that completely collides with modern canon so it was a great listen! Thanks, Jodi!!! <3
Yeah the radio dramas are great. Especially the first one since there were so many additional scenes. Lucas sold the rights to NPR for a dollar and gave them full access to all the music and sound effects so it was really well done. Radio dramas seem to be a lost art these days. Very different from watching TV or a movie. I found I interesting how they translated something as visually exciting as star wars into an audio only medium. It's a bit clunky at times but overall well done and a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:18:22 PM by Darth Cujo »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 03:07:21 PM »

My Star Wars XMas was nice. Not too much, mostly gifts from myself to myself (I don't want SW stuff from my wife or kids... I have enough of these on my own). Basically just to make sure there are some gifts under the tree so my two younger daughters don't think I didn't get anything from Santa. See, I like offering gifts to my kids and wife, but I'm the type that doesn't really care if I'm not getting anything. I take pleasure in giving more than I get from receiving.

My best SW gift this year was those Vintage Kenner Minirigs: the Desert Sail Skiff, the Endor Forest Ranger and the ISP-6 Imperial Shuttle Pod. I already had one of each, but wanted doubles.

(By the way, did anyone managed to find a way to solve the image loading feature of this message board? It's a little annoying...)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:09:40 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »

We figured out how to work around the avatars, I just haven't gotten the images sorted out. Will spend some time working on that this weekend - thanks for the reminder.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172275
  • Total Topics: 14487
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 43 queries.