Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 26, 2019, 12:13:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aquaman vs. Bumble Bee  (Read 269 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Aquaman vs. Bumble Bee
« on: December 28, 2018, 01:03:06 AM »

Aquaman is easily the best Superhero movie of the year.   Obviously better than anything Marvel has ever produced - all combined x100.   I think the best comparative movie would be Black Panther.   Everyone in the family liked Aquaman.  Best part after of course the flute playing, was when he was a little kid and the other kids were picking on him.   Both my daughter and I thought after the princess gave her long name and then said but you can call me .....she should have said  "Ariel"  with that green outfit and really red hair.   The theatre I was in everyone clapped at the end.   And the political aspect of the movie were right on point with what the world is dealing with in term of all the garbage going into the sea.   Rottentomatoes - 65%

Bumble Bee , it is OK but at the end of the day it is just another Transformer movie.  If you like them you will like this movie.  If you are getting board of them, skip it for now but give it a try for rental, because it was written by a woman and not directed by Michael Bay so it is definitely a different movie.   Rottentomatoes - 93%

Regarding the Rottentomatoes scores I really don't put much value in them now.  I think reviewers are being paid off or the system is being manipulated by outside forces.  A couple years ago I used to put a fair amount of trust in the score.  Now I find the rating to be completely wrong.   I liked both movies I saw, but no way is Bumble Bee a 93% and no way is Aquaman a 65%.  I would probably give Bumble Bee 75-80% and Aquaman 85-90%.

:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Aquaman vs. Bumble Bee
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »

saw Aquaman on Saturday and very much enjoyed it too. yet to see bumblebee but hope to on New years day.
With Wookie Rage

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »

cool! ya, i ended up seeing Aquaman and Bumblebee too. i liked Aquaman better! im not into all these comic book movies really but i had to check this one out cause the aquaman dude said he used Tool as an inspiration to get him into character so i had to check it out!

Bumblebee isnt bad. its a bit too...i wont ruin it and i always hated that band she likes so much so. haha

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »

True Transformers nerds seem to really like Bumblebee, claiming it's more of the Transformers they know & love from childhood than Bay's explosion fests. I was just at the tail end of my childhood interest in toys when Transformers hit, so I never really fell in love like folks who are a couple of years younger. All that being said, I've only seen one Transformers movie & am not super motivated to see this one. Pass.

Aquaman.... I cannot get motivated to get myself to the theatre to see a movie about a guy that talks to fish as his super power. I may watch it at home later just because Amber Heard is in it.  :D :)` :)` :)`

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 01:38:00 AM »

"Talks to fish is his super power"  .....this comment from a guy who likes his super power people to be locked in a robot outfit or a guy with a hammer.   :P

What I like about what DC is doing with the introduction of each of the Characters is that they all come off as being equally as powerful as other members of the Justice Hall League.
Superman, Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are all really powerful .   Aquaman did as good as I think you can with movie that has to have a lot of CGI in it.  And the music scenes are probably the best in cinematic history .  The flute playing alone is worth the price of admission compared to any Marvel Movie.  :party0007:

Happy New Year jj, I have missed teasing you.

Your buddy always CJ
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:54 PM »

Neither. Spiderverse. If I want to see computer animation, I prefer a great story well told. 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »

Happy New Year jj, I have missed teasing you.

Right back atcha!  :D :D :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172757
  • Total Topics: 14505
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 48
Total: 50

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 44 queries.