Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 15, 2019, 08:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

6 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The future of 3 3/4  (Read 176 times)

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
The future of 3 3/4
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:16:38 AM »

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/01/06/rumor-report-more-galaxy-of-adventures-products/#disqus_thread
This post from yakface.com shares a rumor that there is no new 3 3/4 on the horizon apart from the Resistance wave, Galaxy of Adventures and the Vintage Collection, but there appears to be a new 5 inch collection of Galaxy of Adventures figures coming.
As it is right now, we know of nothing beyond the Resistance wave that's already showing up in the US. I hope this isn't the end of the basic line. It would really be a shame to change the scale now with only one movie left in the trilogy.

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The future of 3 3/4
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »

I have no problem if hasbro stop to produce 5 POA 3.75 inch figures. My son of 9 years old don't understand why hasbro release figures with 5 POA only. When he want a figure, he want an articulated figure.......

If hasbro choose another scale, I will not follow for sure. It's already tough for me the 6 inch scale. I'm all the way 3.75 inch full articulated collector.

:snowtroopers:
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »

I already collect 3.75 and 6".  If they make a new 5" line, I would not support it.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »

I already collect 3.75 and 6".  If they make a new 5" line, I would not support it.

Same here.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »

Maybe this is why Steve Evans got out of dodge! lol

really? u think they would end the 3 3/4'' line. dang. whats the point of a 5'' line when they have a 6'' line. its only one inch diff. thats stupid. maybe its that cheaper line that shows up at the Superstore and Canadian tire type of figures. cheap basic crap figs.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:39:59 PM »

FROM HASBRO:

"In order to reduce cost by 25% we are changing to a 2.8125" scale for all figures and vehicles.  We have decided to go with a smaller scale to save money and to ensure all figures could be used in existing vehicles and play sets.  Although the figures will appear to be Hobbit size in relationship to existing figures this move will help ensure the continuation of the small scale sets for the foreseeable future.  "  - Ima Lying, Head of International & Domestic Marketing Hasbro
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »

The new Galaxy line is specifically aimed at children. A slight step up from the Galactic Heroes line.  Introductory type figures to hook kids on Star Wars collecting.  Itís not really worth complaining about, Hasbro is not in the business of adult collectibles, they just benefit from that niche on occasion.

As for yet another scale....kids donít care that much, and at least we will be guaranteed all new sculpts.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »

"In order to reduce cost by 25% we are changing to a 2.8125" scale for all figures and vehicles.

those sound more like the Command model things from a few years back.

this 5'' line sounds like something that wont last. i cant believe 3 3/4'' will go away. maybe scaled back (bad pun!) but till further notice i just cant see 3 3/4'' dissapearing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:18:45 PM by bob »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »

I don't think anyone has said there will be a 5" line - just a statement here from one person that they WOULD NOT support one. I wouldn't either & I cannot see them going that way for any reason.

Fewer, better 3.75" figures would be fine with me - give the damned things to Disney & Let them see what they can do with it. Just make them available easily on line & at Disney stores & I'm good with it.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »

JJ, you are actually on to exactly what is going on.   The Sandcrawler was just a test to see what kind of demand Disney could get and sell through their regular channels.  Also you may have noticed Mattel no longer has the DC license .   For those of you who have been following the conversations on the darknet, it is clear the conspiracy that Disney Corporate Executives are trying to unleash on the unknowing public.   The closure of TOYSRUS in the states, the lack of a DC Liciense by Mattel,  Ima Lying publicly admitting that Hasbro is no longer making 3.75" figures it all adds up to Disney trying to have complete control of the Toy market and we will only be able to purchase MARVEL toys and 3.75" Star Wars toys from Disney Stores at highly inflated prices. Damn you George - the Empire is upon us.  At least we will all have our Sail Barges to sail off into the sunset in as the era of 3.75" figures by Hasbro ends.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172275
  • Total Topics: 14487
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 6
Total: 7

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 44 queries.