Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2019, 05:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

21 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: $5 Fridays at EB Games  (Read 1489 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
Re: $5 Fridays at EB Games
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 01:51:29 PM »

Thanks DD, but I think maybe I'll just give him my Bespin Han. If Hasbro comes out with the vintage carded 6" Bespin Han, then I'll snag that one and shuffle off the BS version to my bro.

Off-topic side note: last year I offered him my extra 6" TFA old Han as a birthday gift. He's always been a huge Han Solo fan. He refused it -- he hates TFA for its lousy treatment/murder of Han, and didn't want any reminders of that awful movie.  Damn, there are times when I'm glad to know good taste runs in our family... 

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:28 PM »

You guys and your 6" BS figs....  I was pumped to get the Christmas Vacation Moose Mug for $5!!

Imperial_AMGmobile

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »

Thanks DD, but I think maybe I'll just give him my Bespin Han. If Hasbro comes out with the vintage carded 6" Bespin Han, then I'll snag that one and shuffle off the BS version to my bro.

Off-topic side note: last year I offered him my extra 6" TFA old Han as a birthday gift. He's always been a huge Han Solo fan. He refused it -- he hates TFA for its lousy treatment/murder of Han, and didn't want any reminders of that awful movie.  Damn, there are times when I'm glad to know good taste runs in our family...

Han is not dead. Heís coming back in Ep 9 lol

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »

I snagged a Island Journey Rey to make a custom.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »

You guys and your 6" BS figs....  I was pumped to get the Christmas Vacation Moose Mug for $5!!

i noticed that too! ;) i slept in and didnt make it yet but im getting off here and going to see what i can find.

great reports! too bad some managers wont allow certain figures. that isnt a surprise. if its online though (which it is) you could argue with the guy and make him do it but i dont know if i'd have enough in me to do that/make a scene..that guys a knob though and shouldnt be doing that.

times ticking. prob missing out as we speak. ah well. lol

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »

It should be automatic.  It's in the system.  Even if the price tag is still regular price, it should scan the sale price.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »

It should be automatic.  It's in the system.  Even if the price tag is still regular price, it should scan the sale price.

I got the Chewie for $5.  It's all about the sticker folks. 

If they print up the $5 sticker and slap it on the exclusive, and *scan that sticker*, it's gonna be $5.
If they don't put that sticker on, and scan the regular code bar, it's gonna be $5 if it was supposed to be $5 and regular price if is was supposed to be regular price.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:38:18 PM by dangerlinto »

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »

I got the Chewie for $5.  It's all about the sticker folks. 

If they print up the $5 sticker and slap it on the exclusive, and *scan that sticker*, it's gonna be $5.
If they don't put that sticker on, and scan the regular code bar, it's gonna be $5 if it was supposed to be $5 and regular price if is was supposed to be regular price.
Wow Danger!
Chewie for $5 bucks...awesome!
Good things happen to good people !
But do you have an extra Vintage Chewie slip cover ready to go to make it look great!?!....😀👍

LordPrelude

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Your Powers are weak (insert your name here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 08:02:32 PM »

I had a great score today @ ebgames :)

2 X Bespin Han for $5 - i know some didnt get him.
1 X Death Squad Comander
1 X Finn in FO Disguise
1 X Tobis
1 X Rey Island journey
1 X DJ
1 X Qi'Ra
2 X Range Troopers

All for $50... what a deal! :)

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 02:20:03 AM »

add me to the ''got screwed list!'' i had island journey Rey and Leia Escape but the girl goes ''this one is 5 but leia isnt'' i just nicely said ''it says online all 6'' black series are 5, but no dice. so they are pulling this stuff at diff stores for sure :/ i ended up getting Island Rey anyway. its a nice figure. the hood is huge but thats not a deal breaker.

nice to see most get them all. i saw Moloch though but i dont care for it or wanted it anyway.

great tips though on this! maybe next time i'll get a bit luckier! thanks again to darthderek for mentioning it!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:31:50 AM by bob »

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »

add me to the ''got screwed list!'' i had island journey Rey and Leia Escape but the girl goes ''this one is 5 but leia isnt'' i just nicely said ''it says online all 6'' black series are 5, but no dice. so they are pulling this stuff at diff stores for sure :/ i ended up getting Island Rey anyway. its a nice figure. the hood is huge but thats not a deal breaker.

nice to see most get them all. i saw Moloch though but i dont care for it or wanted it anyway.

great tips though on this! maybe next time i'll get a bit luckier! thanks again to darthderek for mentioning it!
Hey Bob,
Yes the bespin escape Leia, solo movie chewie, and moloch figures are all exclusives to EBgames. Therefore they have their own individual scu/barcodes numbers in Eb's system. Where all other regular wave figures share the same Scu/barcode in Eb's system.  And it was this "Regular scu/Barcode" that was on sale for $5.
  And like Dangerlinto mentioned , if your eb store employee accidently placed a red $5 price tag on a exclusive figure, and you bring it to the cash, and they scan that $5 price tag and don't Recognize the mistake they made, could you get away with it.😀  However all the stores I went too didn't put new red $5 price tags on the figures, they just grouped them along with other $5 sale items all in a same localized area with a $5 deal Friday  sign above.
It was definitely hit and miss at the stores I went to.
We will have to remember this for next year, for both 6" and TVC.  :u:

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 09:21:06 AM »

Just a note...there are $5 Fridayís every week, just not always for Star Wars stuff.  You just have to keep checking.  Itís their way to keep you coming to their stores.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 11:10:45 PM »

aaah i see! so some of those figures werent really suppose to be on sale anyway. it appears some people dont realize that so i hope they read your post! i didnt know either. cool!

it was a good trip anyway. nice eye candy working cash so thats never a bad thing! bahah
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173300
  • Total Topics: 14530
  • Online Today: 32
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 44 queries.