Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2019, 05:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

6 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Kenner style/sculpt figure line by hasbro.  (Read 916 times)

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
New Kenner style/sculpt figure line by hasbro.
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »

New Kenner style figures coming........"SAY WHAT NOW!?!"

Link to news via Yakface.com
http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/02/15/a-new-retro-figure-line-coming-soon/

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
Re: New Kenner style/sculpt figure line by hasbro.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 04:25:33 PM »

I would buy this 1000% if Hasbro does it right (avoid all sequel trilogy characters... at least for now, focus on OT and PT).

Arrgh. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!!!

Narrator: He is lying. He was never out. Napseeker will be collecting until they put him in a coffin shaped like a giant lightsaber hilt.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:24:47 PM »

My favourite vintage figure was Jedi Luke.  If they redo him, I think I would get him.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:28:46 PM by Darth Woo »

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »

I would buy this 1000% if Hasbro does it right (avoid all sequel trilogy characters... at least for now, focus on OT and PT).

Arrgh. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!!!

Narrator: He is lying. He was never out. Napseeker will be collecting until they put him in a coffin shaped like a giant lightsaber hilt.
😄...narration is a nice touch.

It will be very interesting to see what is proposed tommorow.  I wonder if this is the reason hasbro pulled the "KENNER" logo from Gentle Giant with their 12 inch repo figures.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 06:49:35 PM »

Sorry but f** it.

I mean, I think it's quite obvious now where this leads to:

1) Hasbro will drop the Super articulated TVC 3.75" line.
2) New "nostalgia" vintage-style 3.75" line will now be a 5POA vintage-Kenner style on vintage cardback line.
3) Basic 3.75" figure line for current movies and entertainment release will be 5POA
4) They will reserve the super articulated format of figures to the awful 6" Black Series figures.

Basically, they will finally do what they tried to do during Steve Evans' reign over the SW brand: get rid of the SA 3.75" figure line once and for all.

Thanks Hasbro. It's been a very cool decade. Now let's all rejoice that Hyperreal 8" Darth Vader at 100$. Because you're made of fans Hasbro, you know what fans truly want (this is literally what they said on their Instagram account today). You prove it day after day with awesome products like repacks of repainted repacks (like that 41st Clone Trooper and its 3rd paint variant) and products we never asked for...

Very very lame...

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »

As much as I love the original vintage figures I don’t think I need more of them.  I am very interested to see if they are giving them some kind of new twist.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 07:13:34 PM »

i like the idea but the real vintage 5poa figs will always be the best. even if these are near identical its still not the old ones so it will never be the same.

JediPatrick has a point too. people bitched about them ditching 3.75'' SA figures and they slowly let it linger around in a lame way, now they throw this idea at us from a new ''vintage'' angle. (if they even put them on Vintage cardbacks) its kind of a back handed compliment or something. if its the only way to make them 10 dollars again then i cant totally complain.

20 bucks for TVC so far hasnt been working by the looks of it. this might be they only way they can save TVC if thats what they are trying to do. will see what mess they bring this weekend! :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:20:53 PM by bob »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »

While this is out of the blue it makes some sense from their perspective. I'm curious to see the character selection. Tarkin and a Sandtrooper come to mind as ones missing from the original line.

What is most interesting is that this line was asked about way back in early VOTC days and Hasbro repeatedly said no. That that wasn't a direction they wanted to go. Perfect indication of how things change with time and what was off limits at one time is now a possibility.

I'm intrigued but it will depend on a lot of factors. Character selection and price will be the main factors.

It may be part of a move to phase out the SA line but who knows. Part of me thinks this is part of a shotgun approach with all these scales and variations within a scale . I really feel like action figures as a toy for kids is almost dead and Hasbro is desperate to try and stay relevant. So they're trying all kinds of stuff to see what works, maybe all leading up to their renegotiation for the licence.

Personally I just wish they would finally complete the remakes of the original run (still no Sim Aloo). Then it could all stop and I'd be happy.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »

Has it been said they would be 3.75"?  I have heard in the forums that 5poa will change to 5" scale.  Could this be this talked about 5" scale?  Kind of like Gentle Giants bread n butter , but smaller.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 09:37:12 PM »

Has it been said they would be 3.75"?  I have heard in the forums that 5poa will change to 5" scale.  Could this be this talked about 5" scale?  Kind of like Gentle Giants bread n butter , but smaller.

The line that says "designed to match the original Kenner figures" makes me think it's the same 3.75" scale.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 10:30:30 PM »

The line that says "designed to match the original Kenner figures" makes me think it's the same 3.75" scale.
Hmmmm......
I mean we will find out in 24 hours, but to me if they start making 3.75 Kenner figures that were missing like Tarkin, Rebel fleet trooper , Sandtrooper etc. Do they also remake all the originals like that Classic POTF2 4pack?  I don't think they would duplicate them exactly, size wise. 
But at 5" they can sell all the original figures plus more.  And maybe creatures and ships aswell.

Just like the Black series 6" 40th anniversary figures and cards. They flew of the pegs.
We will see tomorrow.  :P

Who dosent want a 5" Kenner Gonk, FX-7, Deathstar droid?
You know you'd want it !.......lol. :u:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:34:57 PM by DarthDerek »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 11:35:59 PM »

If the made exact duplicates on exact duplicate cards - I would buy at least 1 of each.   I don't have vintage figures on card backs so I would be interested in this.   I would rather see Hasbro sell these direct to us like the Vintage Sail Barge.   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 06:44:39 AM »

Since I've had nearly all of the original Kenner figures since I was a kid, I would probably only get figures that I don't have like Yak Face or blue Snaggletooth if they get to those. This is very cool though for people who weren't around back then or want mint copies of these figures

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »

Judging by the picture of Princess Leia Retro figure on Yakface this morning these look to be exact duplicates of the original vintage figures.  The cardback even seems to have a”worn” look about them.  No mention about scale or price though.  Perhaps on the Target website?

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »

Judging by the picture of Princess Leia Retro figure on Yakface this morning these look to be exact duplicates of the original vintage figures.  The cardback even seems to have a”worn” look about them.  No mention about scale or price though.  Perhaps on the Target website?

They'll be sold at 10$USD.

Now the main concerns are:

1) People might try to scam buyers into thinking these are genuine vintage Kenner figures once removed from their blister cards. But I'm sure Hasbro will put their mark somewhere to make sure this doesn't happen. Just gets a bit tricky now bying loose vitnage figures on eBay, you'll need a visual proof...

2) The retailers. They might think they carry the TVC line, but they will just carry the Retro Vintage line products. So it creates confusion for both the vendors and the customers. Usually not good. It will dilute the market...

I get it that Hasbro is into nostalgia. They're doing it this year for Transformers, bring back the G1 toys in their retro packaging and all. But was it a true desire? Well it seems Hasbro really knows what we want. Because I'm sure people will be buying all of these. I'm not sure I will, haven't been really into Vintage MOC figures, too expensive for my taste and nowhere to display them. So maybe I'll be getting just a few. But maybe not. But then again, maybe so. You see? They're playing with our minds...

Hasbro is a big well established toys business. They know their stuff. They'll see us jumping all around to get these.

Damn them. Why not give us brand new TVC products?  :shakehead:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172737
  • Total Topics: 14503
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 44 queries.