Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2019, 08:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

31 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy near-mint/mint Vintage Collection Star Wars Figures  (Read 354 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Hi Everyone,

**I would like to keep this topic focused on Vintage Collection figures**

I'm excited about the Vintage Collection returning....but I'm not excited when my Vintage Collection figures show up in the mail damaged or see them at retail damaged with bubbles hanging off. As someone who like to collect these figures as close to 'mint' condition as possible, it has been a struggle with orders coming from Amazon, ToysRUs, Walmart, EB Games, etc.  I've returned many Vintage Collection figures.....more than usual...because of the new Hasbro packaging and the lousy shipping and packing jobs by our local retailers.  I've even had issues with Dorkside Toys and BigBadToyStore as well. I have wasted a lot of time returning figures with damaged cardbacks and crushed bubbles.

Anyhow, I know everyone likes to spend the least amount of money on shipping....and not everyone can afford to pay a premium price....but I'm willing to pay a little more for shipping and  packaging if it means I'm going to get my Vintage Collection figures as close to mint condition as possible.

So....my most successful delivery of 'near-mint/mint' vintage collection figures and vehicles/playsets is from robotkingdom.com in Hong Kong.

I have received 3 packages from them in the last month and all my vintage collection items have been 'near-mint/mint' condition.  They double box if you order full cases, and reinforce the shipping box with styrofoam piece....and they custom cut the styrofoam to fit every little space in the shipping box. I receive my orders within less than 6 business days....so shipping is fast with tracking. They take credit card orders via PayPal. Shipping will be high.  I have ordered the following with success:

Jabba's Palace Adventure Playset $59.90 (these are 2 to a case....and they where double-boxed)
Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise $14.90 (Target exclusive)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)$14.90 (Walmart exclusive)
Luke's Skywalkers's Tauntuan $29.90 (Target exclusive from 2011)...Yes! they have brand new 'old' stock of these.
Han Solo (Echo Base), Darth Vader, Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit), Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture) $62.90 ...these are the retooled 2nd release of these figures with photorealistic profiles

I have been so pleased with their shipping that I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.  I would highly recommend ordering from them if you are looking to get your vintage collection figures and vehicles/playsets in 'near-mint/mint' condition....and you don't mind paying a premium.  (They also have other Star Wars figures including 6-inch exclusives.)

UPDATE: 2 out of 3 orders I had to pay customs fees on. And the funny thing is... my most expensive order, I did NOT have to pay custom charges.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:11:00 PM by IanToronto »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy near-mint/mint Vintage Collection Star Wars Figures
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:32:24 PM »

Wanted to order a few items from this online store in the recent past but refrain from doing so at the last minute after looking at the shipping fees. It's the sae for those Jabba's Playsets. The fees to have them shipped to Canada are humongous. 80$US minimum to ship two Jabba's Playset to Canada is beyond anything reasonable. Honestly, it's simply impossible for me to justify paying these fees. It's like buying 3 such playsets and then throwing one in the garbage. And that's not counting the customs fees that will most certainly come from Canada Customs once the package gets in Canada.

I have other means to acquire these things. Friends from the US or trying my luck with Walmart.com and having these shipped free to a US mailbox from a cool friend and paying the extra customs fees. ;)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »

I get what your saying JediPatrick...and I agree the shipping costs are higher....and  I clearly stated that shipping is higher for RobotKingdom.... but the whole point of my original post was 'for those collectors that are looking to get their vintage collection figures, etc.. in near-mint/mint condition.

I can get my figures ordered through Walmart.com and have them shipped for pick-up in the Niagara Falls U.S.A. (I'm only 1hour from the border)....but I've ordered figures 3 times this way (Mimban Stormtroopers for example) and they ship them to the store UPS in a box with little to no packing material and the figures are 'beat to hell' and a couple had the bubbles completely falling off.

JediPatrick....if you know of a store or online store that you can acquire vintage collection figures in near-mint/mint condition ALL THE TIME....then myself and other vintage collection collectors would love to hear it, and please post it here....as my post is on where to acquire near-mint/mint vintage collection figures.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:32:08 PM by IanToronto »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »

I get what your saying JediPatrick...and I agree the shipping costs are higher....and  I clearly stated that shipping is higher for RobotKingdom.... but the whole point of my original post was 'for those collectors that are looking to get their vintage collection figures, etc.. in near-mint/mint condition.

I can get my figures ordered through Walmart.com and have them shipped for pick-up in the Niagara Falls U.S.A. (I'm only 1hour from the border)....but I've ordered figures 3 times this way (Mimban Stormtroopers for example) and they ship them to the store UPS in a box with little to no packing material and the figures are 'beat to hell' and a couple had the bubbles completely falling off.

JediPatrick....if you know of a store or online store that you can acquire vintage collection figures in near-mint/mint condition ALL THE TIME....then myself and other vintage collection collectors would love to hear it, and please post it here....as my post is on where to acquire near-mint/mint vintage collection figures.

Yes, I understand. I admit I have had no problem getting my TVC figures, mostly through José (formely from Legends Action Figures) and now thru Kaia Boutique in Quebec. Without him, I'd have to try my luck thru Walmart and TRU, which have been falling behind with nothing new since the Dr Aphra wave (I,ve seen this wave only at some Walmart, TRU never got anything new for TVC after wave 1).

And same here, Derek is kinda enough to get most of what we need with his US mailbox in Niagara. I have yet to see the condition of the Mimban Troopers and Lando Skiff Guards we ordered form WM.com. Hope they will be fine, but it may be that it'll be the worse decision of our collector's lives. Hopefully not, but we'll see...

The next step for me would be to rely on US friends. I've made some with Instagram that are willing to help,but usualy stock is so slim that they can't find anything at their nearby stores. It's really a hit or miss situation...

It's really sad Walmart here decided to pass on these exclusives. And it's quite obvious now that both WM and TRU has put a stop to anything new regarding SW lately, except for the Resistance figures and the lame 5POA Galaxy of Adventures figures at Walmart. For me, it smells like the doom of the SW line in Canada. I don't expect anything new on the TVC front before next Fall, probably for the next Force Friday in October 2019.

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »

I have yet to see the condition of the Mimban Troopers and Lando Skiff Guards we ordered form WM.com.

You may want to check on the status of your Lando order buddy.
Sounds like WM's shoddy distribution strikes again: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1141071&page=20

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »

I have yet to see the condition of the Mimban Troopers and Lando Skiff Guards we ordered form WM.com.

You may want to check on the status of your Lando order buddy.
Sounds like WM's shoddy distribution strikes again: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1141071&page=20

F&*# me. Walmart does it again. :(

I will need to check on this. This is SO lame.

Frank Herbert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173261
  • Total Topics: 14526
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 31
Total: 34

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 44 queries.