Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 02:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

16 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: EP IX Trailer & Title Reveal (Merged)  (Read 374 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
EP IX Trailer & Title Reveal (Merged)
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »

Oh

My

Gosh!!!!

:party0007:

Did you guys see that trailer? So many questions, but it looks awesome!

The emperor laughing right after Luke says "no one is really gone", along with what looked like a crashed fragment of Death Star?

The title " The Rise of Skywalker"?  :luke:

Rey back-flipping over that TIE fighter?

Lando!!! :character0005:

Just so many cool things. I can't wait for it!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile

What do we think folks? "The Rise of Skywalker". I enjoyed the teaser & the panel for the most part.

I believe we heard Luke's voice to start & Palpatine's laughter to finish - Ian MacDiarmid coming out on stage to ask the crew to "Roll it again." in the Emperor's growl pretty much confirmed to me that Palpatine in some form will be a part of the story.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 9 Trailer
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 01:23:04 PM »

I'm not 100% sold on the title, but it looks interesting... I wonder how prominently the Emperor will figure into it (or if it's a bait-and-switch).

Although it has its flaws, I didn't hate episode VIII like some... so I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll all play out!

Enjoy your time and CELEBRATE!

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:44:53 PM »

:rockon: :party0053: :party0007:
I'm excited!!!
Can't wait to dive into all the details later tonight.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I really, really hope they'll have the scene that was in the recent Darth Vader comic where we find out it was Palpatine who created Anakin.

The teaser raises so many questions, especially when the Fab 4 walk down the hill. Where's Rose? Is that the Death Star? Which one?

This got a "F*&^ Ya" from a couple cubicles in the office.

PizzatheHutt

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »

I did not like the Rey flip over the Tie,  Emperor kinda mixed on that is it bait n switch to get fans back or if he is back why now?  Also if back why last movie & even bother with Snoke.   Looked cool but not overly excited yet.  TLJ trailer looked good & it was terrible.   If Palps is back I guess no one ever dies in SW.   So if Palps is back bring back Luke for we can at least see 5 min of Old Luke in action.
We have about a Ewok chance in a Rancor pit.
Formely Darth2002 from thee ancient boards Power of the Northside.
Who's the more foolish...The fool or the fool who follow's him.

PizzatheHutt

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

So who is The rise of Skywalker?   Does Ben get redeemed, is Rey a Skywalker or does Luke get resurrected.   Also could be do to Luke saving everyone in TLJ & having everyone band together for the final fight.
We have about a Ewok chance in a Rancor pit.
Formely Darth2002 from thee ancient boards Power of the Northside.
Who's the more foolish...The fool or the fool who follow's him.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »

Brianakarobin, that must have been bananas sitting in that hall with that audience and seeing that trailer! I remember being at Celebration when the Ep3 trailer and title dropped - everyone lost it and went nuts!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 07:08:37 PM »

Brianakarobin, that must have been bananas sitting in that hall with that audience and seeing that trailer! I remember being at Celebration when the Ep3 trailer and title dropped - everyone lost it and went nuts!
It was bananas, for sure!

There was a ton of excitement for all of it - the Rey flip (I actually thought it was awesome, too, but to each their own), the scene with Kylo stabbing some dude with the side blade of his sabre, the Lando scene, etc. But nothing got the crowd going like the emperor laughing and the title reveal. No one knows what it means - bait and switch is very possible at this point. But, man, the possibilities. So when the lights came on and then Ian McDiarmid was standing there and, in his Darth Sidious voice, said "Roll it again", people went truly bananas :party0007:

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »

VERY impressive. Gotta say I'm getting excited all over again. The Last Jedi really disappointed me, but this one is looking good early on.

Do my eyes deceive me - is the radar dish on the Millennium Falcon round again? Maybe Lando felt bad for wrecking the original radar dish and replaced it with a similar model  ;)

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »

Anakin's lightsaber has been fixed. 

My thoughts are; I loved it.  Not to go on too much of a rant here but I really really really wanted to like TLJ more than I did but after a year and a half I have to rank it at the bottom of my Star Wars movie list.  I'll still watch it from time to time and the Kylo/Rey/guard fight and the Kylo/Luke scene were great (and Yoda!) but there was just too much there that I didn't like (Canto Bight).  I just wish that Luke was handled differently.

Anyway I was able to catch the panel this morning and one thing that I though I heard JJ say was that (paraphrasing) the one good thing that came out of TLJ was the actor that plays Rose.  I took that as, and I'm reading between the lines, we are going to fix some things with RoS.

I think Rey is on Tatooine (not Jaaku).  I think she is there and it has something to do with Obi Wan.  And everyone is on a Desert Skiff later in the teaser. 

At the end, I believe that's Death Star II.  I would think they are on Endor and that they are there to search the Death Star ruins for something.  I don't think that Palpatine is still alive but, if the gang is there to search the ruins, Palp could appear to them.  He can't live on as a force ghost but Sith can still "haunt" a place of significance.  The Death Star would qualify, since that's where he died.

My predictions: we see Luke, Obi Wan, & Qui Gon, we get a Ewok cameo, we visit a lot of OT worlds, and Rey's parents are presented for real.  I'm very excited now and if tickets went on sale today I probably would have bought the whole theater. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 10:11:17 PM »

And it was confirmed later by JJ that Palpatine is indeed in RoS.  So it's not a bait and switch.
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

As much as I'm against it, I have to speculate the words "No. I am your father." will be uttered during the movie. We'll see.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 10:34:08 PM »

VERY impressive. Gotta say I'm getting excited all over again. The Last Jedi really disappointed me, but this one is looking good early on.

Do my eyes deceive me - is the radar dish on the Millennium Falcon round again? Maybe Lando felt bad for wrecking the original radar dish and replaced it with a similar model  ;)

Chewie destroyed the square radar dish in the tunnel on Crait in The Last Jedi (check the ovie again, you'll see it, it's very subtle but it's there). The scene was clearly reminiscent of Lando crashing the radar dish in ROTJ. So Lando simply replaced the dish for E9.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »

Leaving this in The Cave for now, will move to movies once things have simmered down a little bit.

One of my initial reactions was: I do NOT want a time travel movie - but I'm trying really hard not to allow myself wants & don't wants. What I truly want is to be back in that universe for 2 more hours and regardless of where the movie takes us I will get that.  :artoo: :artoo: :artoo:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:37:06 PM by jjreason »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172932
  • Total Topics: 14512
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 44 queries.