Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2019, 10:21:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

24 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: EP IX Trailer & Title Reveal (Merged)  (Read 2270 times)

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
Re: EP IX Trailer & Title Reveal (Merged)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 11:22:04 AM »

I am saddened hear about the cancer news and I wish you and your families all the best.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »

Do we have a sense of when a full trailer will be released?  In comparison to the teaser/full trailer release in previous film releases?

The Last Jedi full trailer was released on October 9 2017.  The Force Awakens was October 19 2015. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »

Do we have a sense of when a full trailer will be released?  In comparison to the teaser/full trailer release in previous film releases?

The Last Jedi full trailer was released on October 9 2017.  The Force Awakens was October 19 2015.
Wow - were they that late? Crazy. I guess we have a while longer to wait...

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »

Why are we not talking about the new teaser from D23???
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »

That probably tells us everything we need to know about the excitement level for Ep 9 lol.

I'm actually way more interested in The Mandalorian trailer myself.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »

Because I'm still in the awe mode, digesting the good stuff!  :)

And I'm also enthusiast about The Mandalorian and Kenobi.

But couldn't care less about Resistance Season 2. And even Clone Wars... I mean... we're way past Clone Wars. Too little too late for me. I want adult SW stuff, not kids stuff.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »

I'm ashamed to say it, but the teaser from D23 did nothing to enhance my excitement for the movie. :( I really hope my gut feelings & building apprehension about the final chapter are unwarranted.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »

I'm ashamed to say it, but the teaser from D23 did nothing to enhance my excitement for the movie. :( I really hope my gut feelings & building apprehension about the final chapter are unwarranted.

I hear you -  I remember ROTS coming out and being pleasantly surprised it wasn't nearly as bad as the previous two movies - it's still not even close to a great SW movie, just not as bad as TPM or AOTC.

I think that's the best we can hope for at this point.  Although full disclosure, I mostly like TFA. 

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2019, 03:13:52 PM »

I hear you -  I remember ROTS coming out and being pleasantly surprised it wasn't nearly as bad as the previous two movies - it's still not even close to a great SW movie, just not as bad as TPM or AOTC.

I think that's the best we can hope for at this point.  Although full disclosure, I mostly like TFA.

It's kind of funny - for my 9yo daughter, ROTS is her favourite one. It also happens to be the only one of the PT/OT with a PG-13 rating (we don't own Ep7 or 8, so she doesn't even watch those). Not sure why, but I think she likes the parts with Anakin killing everyone. Maybe she'll grow up to be a Sith.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2019, 03:23:26 PM »

It's kind of funny - for my 9yo daughter, ROTS is her favourite one. It also happens to be the only one of the PT/OT with a PG-13 rating (we don't own Ep7 or 8, so she doesn't even watch those). Not sure why, but I think she likes the parts with Anakin killing everyone. Maybe she'll grow up to be a Sith.

Well if she's the Sith apprentice and she considers you to be the master, you'd better sleep with one eye open! :)

Saw the D23 trailer. JTA reporting that Dark Rey is just a vision, but that would be disappointing if true. I'd rather she turn out to be a clone that Palpatine intended to inhabit or use as his pawn/apprentice, and that we get to see the fulfilment of this plan.  So if nothing else, Kylo duels her and actually wins (ironically scoring a victory for the good guys).

From a screenwriting perspective, the protagonist of the sequel trilogy isn't Rey, it's Kylo Ren. He lost to the "bad guy" (Rey) in TFA, then overcame a huge obstacle in TLJ (killing his master, then surviving the onslaught against the Praetorian Guard) to get a reward (leadership), and his final challenge to complete his journey would be to now defeat the villain that he initially lost to in the first movie...

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2019, 05:58:55 PM »

I liked the new trailer. The sith-like Rey was interesting, but I don't want to speculate too much or read anything online about it, as I don't want to spoil the story. The crazy number of Star Destroyers is a bit crazy for me - not sure how the First Order got all of those resources, surpassing even what the Empire had in it's heyday despite ruling the entire galaxy for several decades.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2019, 07:59:36 AM »

the newest trailer did little for me.

the beginning homage to the OT reaffirmed how much I hate what they did to the characters I grew up with.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »

I liked the new trailer. The sith-like Rey was interesting, but I don't want to speculate too much or read anything online about it, as I don't want to spoil the story. The crazy number of Star Destroyers is a bit crazy for me - not sure how the First Order got all of those resources, surpassing even what the Empire had in it's heyday despite ruling the entire galaxy for several decades.

This is my speculation on the star destroyers.  It's an Imperial Fleet graveyard.  Similar to retired airplane graveyards in Nevada and Utah.  Why they have to go there, is another speculation for another day.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2019, 07:58:47 AM »

I’m feeling very cautious about this one. I think it will be hard to make a satisfying ending to the Skywalker saga. I think the movie will visually look really good, but as for the story, I’m feeling pretty pessimistic. I’m looking forward to some new figures though!

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »

Final trailer looks good.
https://youtu.be/8Qn_spdM5Zg

The Luke quote stays true to the basic message of Star Wars "confronting fear is the destiny of a jedi". Basically saying you have it within you to walk through a wall of fire if you believe in yourself.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174193
  • Total Topics: 14551
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 44 queries.