Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2019, 06:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

32 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: EP IX Trailer & Title Reveal (Merged)  (Read 2531 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 9 Trailer
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »

Jut a few lines...

Yesterday, I learned that cancer is back in my life again. My wife's cervix cancer is back, this time in 3 nodes. After 3 years of calm, she's back into it. She'll be having chemo treatment for the next 6 months, trying to prevent it from spreading. And this time her treatments will have the worse effects, including the loss of her hair. It's awfully difficult. Our 4 daughters are devastated, it's their worse fears turned reality. My wife tries to stay calm, but anxiety has reached a peak. The fear of dying lives all around us now, it's spreading like the disease it came from. There's no say if this will work or how long she has. I'm trying to stay positive and strong, leaving my own emotions and feelings buried within. But it's tough. It's a nightmare... :(

So in this dark time, this new Star Wars trailer is like a ray of light. It gave me the shivers. It told me it's gonna be fun. I loved TFA, I liked TLJ (I was destabilized by the movie, but certainly did not hate it). And this teaser trailer we've just been given makes me wish that the movie would be released sooner. Because this might be the one rare "detached from reality" joyful moment I'll have in the coming months... maybe years.

I just wanted to say this: be content with what you're given. Don't think too much. This is entertainment, it' not real life. Real life is often tough and dirty, dark, difficult to digest. Movies? They can be bad, they can be good. Some will be excellent. Some boring as Hell. Star Wars Movies? They're supposed to be candy and fun for people who likes Star Wars. Most people think they are. I think in the end it's what you want them to be. If you're viewing these with too much criticism, it'll ruin your fun...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
Re: EP IX Trailer & Title Reveal (Merged)
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 11:10:52 PM »

Agreed. Our thoughts are with your wife & the whole family, JediPatrick.

PizzatheHutt

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 11:14:52 PM »

What I want is a good story,   Plot first before eye candy.   Probably wishing for to much but one can hope.
We have about a Ewok chance in a Rancor pit.
Formely Darth2002 from thee ancient boards Power of the Northside.
Who's the more foolish...The fool or the fool who follow's him.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 11:23:27 PM »

And it was confirmed later by JJ that Palpatine is indeed in RoS.  So it's not a bait and switch.
When was that? Other than seeing Ian McDiarmid, I didn't see any confirmation afterwards. I am sure he is in it, but whether alive or as a ghost or something, who knows?

I would add an Anakin appearance to those of the Force ghosts you mention, as well.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »

Sorry to hear, JediPatrick - my sister just died last week of bowel cancer. You just never know. I hope that things work out well for your wife.

Star Wars can be a great escape, that's for sure. I think this one looks like it could be a fun romp in the GFFA. I guess time will tell, but I will remain optimistic and we'll see what happens.

Cash Fan - I remember JJ's comment about Rose. I don't remember exactly how he said it, and at the time I didn't really think of it as a way of him trashing Episode 8 rather than just expressing how grateful he was to have been given the character of Rose (and Kelly who played her), but in retrospect, that was maybe what he was saying.

neospike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 12:56:12 AM »

JediPatrick, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 02:25:18 AM »

JediPatrick, so sorry to hear that.  My wife had thyroid cancer within months of us getting married 15 years ago.  A couple of years ago her mom was diagnosed with Amyloidosis and my wife was able to donate her a kidney.  Now the disease is back and I'm afraid the time we have with her mother is very short.  One day at a time I guess. 

Brain, my condolences to you and your family. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 02:29:38 AM »

And it was confirmed later by JJ that Palpatine is indeed in RoS.  So it's not a bait and switch.
When was that? Other than seeing Ian McDiarmid, I didn't see any confirmation afterwards. I am sure he is in it, but whether alive or as a ghost or something, who knows?

I would add an Anakin appearance to those of the Force ghosts you mention, as well.

Apparently JJ asked George Lucas to help with the ending.  And he did!

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/04/12/how-george-lucas-helped-finish-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker

JJ was quoted in the above story that he was surprised that they were able to keep it a secret that Ian McDiarmid was filming on set.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2019, 06:30:12 AM »

Apparently JJ asked George Lucas to help with the ending.  And he did!

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/04/12/how-george-lucas-helped-finish-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker

JJ was quoted in the above story that he was surprised that they were able to keep it a secret that Ian McDiarmid was filming on set.
Cool - I’m glad to hear Lucas was involved.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2019, 09:23:26 AM »

my heart goes out to everyone dealing with that terrible disease.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »

JediPatrick, Brianakarobin, cash_fan - thinking of you guys. It’s a terrible disease in any form. My wife’s side of the family has a history of breast cancer and a couple of years ago we found out that it was due to a genetic predisposition that was passed down, the BRCA mutation, and she and her sister got genetic testing. All but one of them have it, which means that their chances of developing cancer is much higher down the line; in fact, their cousin recently died from it.

I’m always pleased to talk Star Wars and to help others in collecting, but if you ever just need to chat - drop me a line.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »

Doh! I didn't mean to leave out Anakin.  It can't be calle The Rise of Skywalker without the granddaddy. 

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 10:59:41 PM »

Guys, a huge thanks for your prayers. I read your messages earlier this week, but I'm still quite shocked by all this, maybe I'm still in denial, thinking everything will be all right. But the thing is, this is more serious than we first thought it was. My wife is trying to be lucid, maybe too much for me to handle at the time being. Everything tells us we're looking at years... and not that many years in fact. :(

To add to all this, my own sister is currently facing a cancer that has spread thru her lungs. It's been two years. We don't know how long she'll be fighting.

Brianakarobin, my condolences to you and your family. This is truly terrible.  :'(

Ookk, my own mother died of breast cancer because it was caught too late and she couldn't get rid of it after a first treatment and surgery. :( Hope your wife will avoid this threat with regular checkups. I think that's really the key, catching this at the earliest stage possible.

I have my kids to help me stay focused and stay strong. But Star Wars is indeed what will help me keep my sanity thru all this I guess, a way of escaping reality a bit. I really look forward for this new movie. I don't think it'll be perfect (nothing is, really), but I'll certainly try to enjoy it as much as I can.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 10:16:57 PM »

Do we have a sense of when a full trailer will be released?  In comparison to the teaser/full trailer release in previous film releases?

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:34 AM »

nothings been announced about a full trailer but at this point wouldnt San Diego ComiCon prob be the next best place to do that ? thats my sense on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174362
  • Total Topics: 14563
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 45 queries.