Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2019, 01:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

25 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan Expo Exclusives  (Read 3226 times)

neospike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Expo Exclusives
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2019, 11:43:40 PM »

This is the first time I ever went to FanExpo. Could only afford to go today what with the Presto discount. Took me 45 minutes to pay and get into the show, and was told he was sold out. :( He was the reason I went there at all. :(  I wanted the Luke set, but there was no way I could afford it.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »

Does anyone know what the cost of the Luke Jedi Destiny 3 Pack is at the EB Games Booth?
I also need to know the cost of the Collector/Grandmaster 2 pack. (I know this one's not Star Wars but I thought maybe someone noticed)

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2019, 09:51:55 AM »

Does anyone know what the cost of the Luke Jedi Destiny 3 Pack is at the EB Games Booth?
I also need to know the cost of the Collector/Grandmaster 2 pack. (I know this one's not Star Wars but I thought maybe someone noticed)

Luke Jedi Destiny is 59.99 - 10% less if you are an EB Games platinum card member.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2019, 10:01:40 AM »

And the six inch Sith Trooper was $39.99
And Fett $34.99
Minus 10% with edge card.
They had last years exclusives aswell, 3pk Dr.AfrA and droids, and the 6inch Han and Mynock set.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »

And the six inch Sith Trooper was $39.99
And Fett $34.99
Minus 10% with edge card.
They had last years exclusives aswell, 3pk Dr.AfrA and droids, and the 6inch Han and Mynock set.

Yeah I laughed because a Vendor was trying to sell the Exogorth (Han & Mynock) for $135.  They were still available for less than retail!

I was able to acquire Fett today.  Through a combination of a small amount of luck and a large amount of unheard-of-in-this-day-and-age customer loyalty. 

I was also able to grab a couple of Vintage Collection figures I don't have and wanted (Orrimaarko & Dr Evazan), though I was unable to talk one vendor into coming down on Ahsoka. 

Artist's Alley remains the crown jewel of Fan Expo.  Leo Leibelman, Derek Laufman are my top two with some others who's names I can't recall at the moment being good as well.  I have so much Leibelman and  Laufman that I don't have room for it.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2019, 12:16:02 PM »

Fan Expo Day 2....Boba Fett & Sith Trooper SOLD OUT!

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »

I heard The Fett was gone in 10 minutes, at 9:10am or something.
It opens at 10 for crying out load.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:57 PM »

There are a couple of things that bother me about this - either:

1) If there are THAT few of these to go around, we are entering a new era of crap exclusive distribution.  Was not much of a problem before - they'd often run out on Saturday, but not before doors open to non VIP members!

2) If there are THAT many people who are soaking these up in Canada (even the GTA area) then why the hell are they not on these forums?!  We need to do a better job of spreading the word.  I think next Fan Expo it should be our goal to hit EVERY vendor selling SW toys (and I mean the ones with selection - people who would care about this forum) to spread the word.   

I think it's a little of both, but #2 I think is something we can do something about!

headstone

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2019, 07:33:36 PM »

Yeah was completely disappointed with the fact that fett was gone before the general public got in and it seems like it was this way on both day and wouldn't be surprised if it happens on the next 2..

Did they have this issue as SDCC as well?  Or did Hasbro ship most of the stock to D23 instead of to Fan Expo???

I understand they want to limit the amount sold on each day to let people get a chance, but when you go right to the EB Games booth when the doors opened and you can't get one then that is bad planning on either EB Games or Hasbro's part.

To me its seems like its a combination of both since these will be available online on Pulse in a couple of week, which again will not allow anyone to get these if it goes the way of the Phantom Menace figures..

This is the first year EB Games has sold and i've never had an issue in the past when it was Toys R Us, so something has changed and not for the better.

I went to the Hasbro panel and it didn't sound like they were concerned about this when someone mentioned it sold out in 10 minutes, the comment was a joke about being "available while supplies last".

And the fact they are still selling the past years exclusives means the either over produced last year or under produced this year.  And since it was Fett, they should have known they would have had no issue selling them if they were working about leftovers again..

Really shows that Hasbro has no clue as to what people will or will not buy..

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »

Yeah last years exclusives were ho-hum though, and all were slightly to moderately overpriced.

Fett has everything going for it - its Vintage theme, its proper price and of course, its Fett!

In retrospect its not surprising bean counters would compare to last year and get it wrong.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:44:43 PM by dangerlinto »

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »

Fan Expo Day 3....Boba Fett & Sith Trooper SOLD OUT already. My Deluxe Pass gets me in for the 10am opening. But everyone was being let in at 930am. I got here at 9:50am. Daily allotment already gone. Only Luke 3 packs avaliable. EB Games booth opened at 930am. Sold out at 945am. WTF.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:30:04 AM by IanToronto »

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »

Yup should have a VIP sticker on these Fetts!

But the fact the Sith Trooper is also sold out tells me that they didnt bring enough.  The sith trooper is not that great

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2019, 11:07:45 AM »

Yup should have a VIP sticker on these Fetts!

But the fact the Sith Trooper is also sold out tells me that they didnt bring enough.  The sith trooper is not that great
Looks like it's made from recycled BIC 'red pen' caps.

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »

Hasbro (and other companies like Gentle Giant etc.) have been doing this for years. They limit supply to build interest and 'buzz' about their products. They did the same at SDCC and past Star Wars Celebrations since 2002. These companies aren't stupid. They know the venue capacity/tickets sold that are admitted to these events and they know the limit of items that can be sold per person so they can easily do the math. To be sold out each morning before the regular eventgoers actually get in is absurd. There will be more of these available at a later date. If you can supress the urge to 'buy-it-now', wait another 6 months to a year when the hype on these have died down and buy them for a reasonable price. The original Boba Fett will undoubtedly come with the 'Fett tax', but the asking price will drop from this initial period of hysteria.

There are a couple of things that bother me about this - either:

1) If there are THAT few of these to go around, we are entering a new era of crap exclusive distribution.  Was not much of a problem before - they'd often run out on Saturday, but not before doors open to non VIP members!

2) If there are THAT many people who are soaking these up in Canada (even the GTA area) then why the hell are they not on these forums?!  We need to do a better job of spreading the word.  I think next Fan Expo it should be our goal to hit EVERY vendor selling SW toys (and I mean the ones with selection - people who would care about this forum) to spread the word.   

I think it's a little of both, but #2 I think is something we can do something about!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »

There's actually a fairly sizable group of SW collectors over on actionfigurenews.ca. I think because that site has a multi-license focus, it naturally gets more people in due to simple cross-pollenation between fandoms. This place used to be a lot busier, back when I started collecting about 10 years ago, but let's face it - SW collecting isn't what it used to be back then. There's not as much to keep the topics flowing here, so a site like AFN provides other lines to fill the holes. Which is sad cuz I feel like it also pulls in a lot of, shall we say, "grumpier personalities" - more so than we've ever had on here. This has always been a great site to just chill and talk SW collecting, and everyone has always been fairly polite and welcoming.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174178
  • Total Topics: 14551
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 44 queries.