Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2019, 12:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

25 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for Star Case discussion again....  (Read 371 times)

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
Time for Star Case discussion again....
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »

Anyone still storing there collection in these?  Have you tried other brands than the old Protech case?

Just found some on amazon.ca for $59.99/25 and wanted to know if anyone has used or is using them?

I know for awhile it was getting really expensive to get these.

Thanks!!
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Star Case discussion again....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »

I was planning to do a big order of these soon:

http://www.theearthtoymall.com/stcawacafiso.html

Do you have a link to the ones on amazon? That price is pretty comparable to the one above, after exchange rate. And it would save me having to bring them across the border.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 11:52:01 PM »

I have a $25 amazon gift card that I got for Christmas that I still haven't used.  I may spend it on these and see how they stack up.  One of the customer reviews did mention that the front of the case is a bit soft. 

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:02:59 AM »

I have a $25 amazon gift card that I got for Christmas that I still haven't used.  I may spend it on these and see how they stack up.  One of the customer reviews did mention that the front of the case is a bit soft.

I bought quite a few of these and they are excellent. They have 2 kinds...the PVC ones for $59.99 and the PET ones for $69.99....the difference is the PET ones block out the UV rays as well. The PET ones come with a very thin film that you will need to peel off, this is to prevent scratches. I have bought both and both are great for the Vintage Collection figures. I also bought cases for the 6inch vintage 40th anniversary figures. Evoretro have great cases.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:52:50 AM by IanToronto »

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 08:27:59 AM »

earlier this year i ordered some cases from ''Mario Retro'' on amazon. the first box i ordered had some cases with scratches on them. it was also 50 bucks so maybe thats why. either way i dont think anything plastic is "super scratch resistant''. i still dig these cases. they are def good! They are Evoretro cases.

Did they always have the PET ones ? when i look under ''mario retro'' it only carries the PVC ones. amazon isnt always the easiest searching for things. i didnt see the Evoretro amazon store till now but when u add it to your cart it says ''mario retro'' and the page results are diff if u dont type the right thing. god!

i did find Evoretros own website during my first order though. based out of Montreal. i just figured they sold them for less on amazon. didnt notice the PET thing but thats why and they dont sell PVC ones on there own website. dont make it confusing eh?

https://www.evoretro.com/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:35:43 AM by bob »

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 04:12:36 PM »

Thanks guys.  I went ahead and got the pvc ones for $60.  And at the same time fell for signing up for amazon prime.  They should be here in a couple of days and I'll let you know how they are. 

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 11:06:31 PM »

Wow, amazon prime is fast. got here in less that 2 days.  Put a vintage B-Wing Pilot in one and it fits very nice.  Put the new Han Stormtrooper (vintage) in the next one, fits not problem.  It's just a star case with a different name on the back.

Now for higher end figures, what are people using?  I've bought from GW Acrylic and I really like them.  I've got a AFA case but I don't like how sharp the inside edges are when you slide you're figure in.  The GW cases have that flange rounded off so it doesn't potentially scratch the card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173439
  • Total Topics: 14532
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 25
Total: 27

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 44 queries.