Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2019, 10:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasbro New 5 inch Figures  (Read 1020 times)

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Hasbro New 5 inch Figures
« on: July 20, 2019, 12:36:45 AM »

I am sure many of you have seen the new 5 inch Hasbro line which appears will be replacing the 5 POA figure line.  I am honestly probably going to skip this line.  Is it just me or do these not resemble the Disney Infinity figures in both size and appearance? 

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro New 5 inch Figures
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 08:36:51 AM »

These arenít for me either.  Too cartoonish.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 09:00:38 AM »

I was perfectly fine with the basic line of figures. 3.75" GOA could have continued with new figures instead of repacks. This new line is already going to be $9.99 USD (at least $11.99 here) and definitely resembles the Disney Toybox figures from last year. Hopefully there will be a basic line for TROS and The Mandalorian despite Hasbro saying TVC and the Retro Line will continue as the home of 3.75". TVC can't cover both of those when it's almost always repacks these days.

:fett:

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »

I was perfectly fine with the basic line of figures. 3.75" GOA could have continued with new figures instead of repacks. This new line is already going to be $9.99 USD (at least $11.99 here) and definitely resembles the Disney Toybox figures from last year. Hopefully there will be a basic line for TROS and The Mandalorian despite Hasbro saying TVC and the Retro Line will continue as the home of 3.75". TVC can't cover both of those when it's almost always repacks these days.

The important part is TVC continues.  They have.their margin on it and they know collectors will pay. 

They are still just sticking their heads in the ground and ignoring the fact that the tide has turned on toys and it less kids and more collectors, and ita still a kids toys company.  Hence if they cant sell 3.75" 5poa to kids, theyll keep trying something else.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 12:50:08 PM »

The important part is TVC continues.  They have.their margin on it and they know collectors will pay. 

They are still just sticking their heads in the ground and ignoring the fact that the tide has turned on toys and it less kids and more collectors, and ita still a kids toys company.  Hence if they cant sell 3.75" 5poa to kids, theyll keep trying something else.

Meanwhile, stores barely order TVC and all you see are Wave 1 everywhere you look. The price needs to be closer to USD already. $12.99 compared to $17.99. Yes there's the exchange rate, but it's still hard to justify for one figure at times.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »

Meanwhile, stores barely order TVC and all you see are Wave 1 everywhere you look. The price needs to be closer to USD already. $12.99 compared to $17.99. Yes there's the exchange rate, but it's still hard to justify for one figure at times.

Don't care about retail that much myself.  I just order online.  Cheaper than hitting retail all the time.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »

SDCC was a complete bust this year. Absolutely no news for 3.75 or 6".

It's amazing, Disney is this giant juggernaut of media and yet ever since they took over, hasbro's marketing and interaction with the collectors has gone straight to crap. I wonder how much is coincidence (downturn in toy market and not as universal an interest in SW, hasbro just missing the plot?), and how much is disney meddling. Everyone is super quick to blame disney, but we don't really know what's been going on behind the scenes the last few years. But I'm beginning to wonder.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

5" line will be a no-go for me.  It's a younger kids thing similar to how they had Force Mashers and Force Battlers.  Not intended for most collectors but kids will like getting them as impulse buys and birthday presents.  Got to keep indoctrinating the younger generations!

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

I have no interest in this line at all.  At least for the 5 POA line, they can be displayed with other stuff or used for custom fodder.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »

Not even remotely interesting. It will fail.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »

I have no interest in this line at all.  At least for the 5 POA line, they can be displayed with other stuff or used for custom fodder.

Exactly. I enjoyed the 5 POA line because most of them fit with my older dioramas. Now those are gone officially. You'd think they would have continued for TROS and maybe the Mandalorian at least before stopping. TVC will never offer enough figures from either title.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 10:36:38 PM »

Not even remotely interesting. It will fail.
Ditto!

I didn't mind 5POA to some extent. The sculpts and paint were decent recently, so not a bad supplement to the vintage collection.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 07:27:18 AM »

Exactly. I enjoyed the 5 POA line because most of them fit with my older dioramas. Now those are gone officially. You'd think they would have continued for TROS and maybe the Mandalorian at least before stopping. TVC will never offer enough figures from either title.

A major thing holding the hobby back right now is the lack of background characters being made. Rogue One was the last movie that got even a decent crop of background characters made - and they were done in the 5POA format. Perfect. Solo was ok too, I suppose, but the figures seemed harder to find. Hopefully they figure out a way to give us a good batch from RoS but I'm not hopeful. :(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:29:46 AM by jjreason »

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 08:30:03 AM »

A major thing holding the hobby back right now is the lack of background characters being made. Rogue One was the last movie that got even a decent crop of background characters made - and they were done in the 5POA format. Perfect. Solo was ok too, I suppose, but the figures seemed harder to find. Hopefully they figure out a way to give us a good batch from RoS but I'm not hopeful. :(

Solo figures were next to impossible to find past Wave 2. Wave 3 was a waste of nothing but repacks, and Wave 4 seemed to be shipped directly to discount chains in the US and then make it to eBay for 10 times the cost in some cases. Meanwhile the upcoming TVC waves already look to have only 5 TROS figures according to Yakface.com and their 2019 master list.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »

Seems like this might be the end of the line for minor characters, with the exception of the rare remake of one from the original trilogy. Even major characters can be hard to count on in the Vintage line. Anyway, since the 5POA line was all I collected, I am pretty much done, unless they make more never before made characters in the retro style.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174193
  • Total Topics: 14551
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 43 queries.