Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 06:40:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

24 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS!!!!)  (Read 786 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Re: Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS!!!!)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 01:44:32 AM »

I thought it was a good movie.   My son hated how they portrayed Thor and he hated that Captain America could lift Thors hammer.  I was OK with both those things.  I thought they had to make Thor out of shape as a reason why he could not defeat Thanos by himself.  I thought they played Captain Marvel the right amount in this movie.   I like how she came in and turned the battle around.   We stayed to the very end of the movie and at the end there is an audio clip played over the Marvel Logo.  What I thought I heard was Iron Man making his mask from the first Iron Man movie. Which seems like the appropriate thing to do as a tribute to retiring his character.   Gamora is dead?  When did she die?  I did not think we saw her one way or the other.  I thought at the end when the Guardians of Galaxy were getting on the ship that they were plotting where to go and get Gamora.   I think in Guardians of the Galaxy III we will see Gamora get rescued and also Loki.   Loki is still alive - he escaped .  And so Vision should be alive also if the Infinity stone was returned in time it would be given to him.   I won't give it 11/10 like jj did, but I might admit after a few drinks that it might be a better movie than Shazam......maybe . And only if jj is buying.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:46:16 AM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »

Okay, first and foremost, I'm not a die hard fan of Superheroes. Heroes with magical powers that makes them super strong and that makes them able to sustain immense shocks that would normally create flesh wounds, shatter bones and make blood flowing all around, for me it's beyond any level of credible reality.

That being said, I really enjoyed the whole MCU created by Marvel. All these 22 movies being connected all together, often by a tiny scenes in the post-end credits scenes and thru the Infinity stones, I found it was perversely efficient and forced me to watch every single one of these with attention and care.

I ended up liking these characters a lot. Some most than others. The Guardians of the Galaxy I for me was the best movie surprise for quite a while. Thor Ragnarok was also one of the most entertaining with lots of laughers.

I must however say that after watching most of these movies, I felt like the storyline, except the main thread connecting to the Infinity stones, was kind of weak. It always revolves around huge battle scenes, heroes blasting and punching each others of the bads guys. It's a lot of violent battles. A lot. It all revolves around that. Avengers I, Avengers II, Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Man, Infinity Wars. etc. etc. It's like an escalation of huge battles involving lots of heroes and bad guys. I feel they are just that: huge battles.

Infinity Wars was not that bad. I hated the redundant battle scenes with Thanos. I mean, we see him battle heroes at least... 4 times in this movie? But there were good moments. Any moments without someone punching someone else.

I was honestly expecting a lot more from End Game.

First of all, I was expecting Captain Marvel to be much more powerful. I didn't see that. Maybe they shouldn't have brought her that early in the movie and keep her as the savior to end this game once and for all? But I understand why they didn't go that way. It would have been a Captain Marvel 2 movie instead of Infinity Wars - Part 2. And they can't have a single hero be the only hero. I get this.

What I didn't get is that Thanos being so strong against heroes that have super powers, even without the Infinity Gauntlet. Is he also a super hero? He can battle Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel like they were insects? Sustain damages that would rip apart a normal body? Anyway...

Captain America able to hold Thor's Hammer was cute, it told us that other beings are worthy as well. But Thanos did the same during his fight with Thor, able to prevent the hero to hold the hammer coming to him. WTF?

The all-female heroes advancing behind Captain Marvel was a ridiculous scene, almost felt like a pro-feminist statement, for which I have nothing against, really. It's just, why such a lame way of showing this? Was it necessary? Well... why not? It may be the best timing to do this, showing girls that women have their role like any man in the battles ahead. Anyway...

Overall, I liked the movie, but I'm objective enough to say it wasn't an excellent movie.

It is at best a good conclusion to a saga that spanned over 22 movies. But that's it. It's not a very good movie. Entertaining, yes. But excellent? Certainly not. It's redundant, slow pace, the beginning is simply awful, the five years jump is odd and not well made, the Quantum time travel is... uh... I dunno... did we say magic already? Time travel with so much efficiency? And Tony Stark being able to solve this alone like no other geniuses in the World did? Anyway. This is a movie about things that do not exist, so I guess anything is possible when you think of it...

Did we needed 3 hrs? Well... why not? I mean, it certainly didn't feel like 3 hrs. Except the 45 minutes long end battle, but okay, once you know you're sitting to watch a Superheroes movie, it's a given you're gonna end up watching a battle that will cover at least a third of the movie...

Will I see that movie again? Yes, of course. Like any other Superhero movie. But on Netflix, not in the theater...

My verdict: go and see it as soon as possible on the big screen not to be spoiled by social media. And also because it's entertaining.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 06:20:09 PM »

It was a very good movie that finished & provided closure to what an excellent, dark, set up movie set in motion. We have seen this before.  ;)

JP - Capt. Marvel came back & single handedly blasted Thanos' ship out of the sky, turning the battle finally in favour of the heroes. I'm really not sure what more they could have done to show her power.....

CJ - Thanos threw Gamora off the cliff in part 1 to get the (orange) Soul Stone. The Gamora that appeared in this movie was from the past, 7 years or something before that was supposed to have taken place. This is an unresolved plot point that they can choose to explore in Guardians 3 if they want to.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:23:14 PM by jjreason »

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 10:36:43 PM »

Seen it, loved it, wondered who that tall kid was at the funeral, had to look it up.

When Cap picked up the hammer it was one of those movie moments that make you feel like a kid again, full of awe.  I loved it and was totally lost in the moment.

The only thing that shocked me was how low the causalities were for the good guys. 

I cried for Iron Man and for Captain America finally getting that dance. 

I had my daughters with me and they nearly stood up in their seats with excitement during that scene that keeps getting mentioned.  I guess it all based on a certain point of view though. 

I'll probably go see it one more time. 

Oh, and The Falcon and Winter Soldier are getting their own show at some point. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 07:47:51 PM »

I had my daughters with me and they nearly stood up in their seats with excitement during that scene that keeps getting mentioned.  I guess it all based on a certain point of view though. 
It doesn't surprise me - some people are bound to love it. I'm glad it was a great moment for them. I personally just find it irksome. It's not like it ruined the movie for me or anything, though, so I guess it is a good thing that there is something for everyone to love. I'll just fast-forward that part when I have it on Blu-Ray :P

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »

JP - Capt. Marvel came back & single handedly blasted Thanos' ship out of the sky, turning the battle finally in favour of the heroes. I'm really not sure what more they could have done to show her power.....

LOL Yes I know. I just was anticipating she would be the one defeating him. Like, easily putting him to rest in one or two blows. She seemed to struggle to remove his gauntlet. I was also expecting her to be the Superman (or woman) of the Marvel Universe. :-P
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »

I would say she's the closest thing they've got to a superman. For my money, a Captain Marvel 2 movie using the "Secret Invasion" story line would be one of the best ways Marvel could go in their post Thanos MCU.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »

I would say she's the closest thing they've got to a superman. For my money, a Captain Marvel 2 movie using the "Secret Invasion" story line would be one of the best ways Marvel could go in their post Thanos MCU.

Ahhh I guess I need to look into this. I'm really not familiar with this storyline. As I said, I'm fairly new to this Superheroes franchise. I've read a lot of X-Men back in my childhood, a few other lines as well, I know a lot of characters, but not their stories. I feel Disney did overall a terrificc job with the whole MCU. I really enjoyed it and I see Endgame as the end of a major era in movies. I can't see how they'll be able to do as well or better than the Infinity stones storyline, but then again, I don't know much... :)

Frank Herbert
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173656
  • Total Topics: 14540
  • Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 24
Total: 25

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 46 queries.