Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 08:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Triple Force Friday October 4th, 2019  (Read 1446 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Triple Force Friday October 4th, 2019
« on: October 03, 2019, 04:37:05 PM »

Just wondering if you guys have seen anything anywhere at any store being prepared at this point, Thursday October 3rd, for the Triple Force Friday event of tomorrow?

So far, the only thing I saw is a middle display section at 1 Walmart store filled with 4 Lego sets for TROS (a speeder, the Mandalorian AT-ST, the A-Wing Fighter and the ANH Tractor Beam set).

Nothing for Hasbro. Nothing at TRU. Nothing at all.

Again, stores here are completely failing collectors and SW fans. Hasbro Canada is not promoting this event at all. It's maddening and frustrating. Even Smyths Toys in Germany (replacing TRU) does more advertisement than what we get in Canada. :(

So, have you guys seen anything at this point?
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Triple Force Friday October 4th, 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »

4 TRU stores are doing midnight opening.

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/about-events/about-events.html

All I've seen are the 12" Hero series at Walmart as well as a Lego display for TROS along with the Mandalorian At-St Lego set.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 05:50:56 PM »

All I've seen are the 12" Hero series at Walmart as well as a Lego display for TROS along with the Mandalorian At-St Lego set.

Yes I know. I’m not talking the midnight opening, just the Friday itself. It ferls like there’ll be no merchandise at all. It’s not advertised at all. Thus leading me to think stock will be quite limited. Especially after Walmart leaking product since two weeks ago... or putting them back in the backroom after declining sale at the registers, thus we might never find the figures in the pegs.

Anyway it doesn’t look good at all. Dare I say, I have a bad feeling about this...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 06:13:15 PM »

I’ll be going to Vaughn Mill TRU tonight and if I have a good wifi connection I will post pics and videos and put them up on snowtroopers Facebook site.

Yes, there is a face book site...lol

San Fran

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 06:14:30 PM »

I’ll be going to Vaughn Mill TRU tonight and if I have a good wifi connection I will post pics and videos and put them up on snowtroopers Facebook site.

Yes, there is a face book site...lol

Darth Derek doing God's work :)

San Fran

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 06:18:32 PM »

Yes I know. I’m not talking the midnight opening, just the Friday itself. It ferls like there’ll be no merchandise at all. It’s not advertised at all. Thus leading me to think stock will be quite limited. Especially after Walmart leaking product since two weeks ago... or putting them back in the backroom after declining sale at the registers, thus we might never find the figures in the pegs.

Anyway it doesn’t look good at all. Dare I say, I have a bad feeling about this...

Yeah, I took a look at the TRU flyer earlier in the week and all they have is small acknowledgement on the front page in the lower right hand corner saying they will have Star Wars Figures, Role Play, and Building Sets on October 4th: https://toysrus.ca/en/rflyer

Nothing promoted in the Wal-Mart flyer, or the EB Games flyer :(

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 07:45:24 PM »

If any one on this forum goes to the Star wars midnight opening tonight can you please post what was available as soon as you get home? I'm wondering if the Poe Dameron X-wing will be available along with all the vintage stuff that has been slated for release and all the other stuff they are holding back, my Toysrus still never put out the Skiff guards or Skiff.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »

If any one on this forum goes to the Star wars midnight opening tonight can you please post what was available as soon as you get home? I'm wondering if the Poe Dameron X-wing will be available along with all the vintage stuff that has been slated for release and all the other stuff they are holding back, my Toysrus still never put out the Skiff guards or Skiff.
I’ll have it in the provincials and Facebook snowtroopers site. 😀👍

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »

I stopped by Walmart to get cereal on the way home today (Thursday) and wandered through looking for any sign that they were prepping for tomorrow - there was nothing. I'll be there when the store opens at 0700 expecting the exact same thing.

San Fran

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 09:47:05 PM »

Found this on Hasbro Pulse! Truly specific to USA, but a great check list to see what is supposed to be available tomorrow, Oct. 4, and what's come out over the past little bit, and a few items coming Nov. 1 & Dec. 1:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0169/6995/7440/files/SW-FanChecklist-10.3_FINAL.pdf?47828

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »

All 6 Vintage are up on Amazon.  No vehicles yet.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 08:08:18 AM »

WTF? Those suck!

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 08:23:07 AM »

Well, Walmarts in my area were a complete waste of time and energy.  I was at the doors of the first store at 7, thought this is great as no one else is here.  I'll have a free run at the toys, but to my dismay, there were no new toys at all!  They had several big bunks of Frozen merchandise but no Star Wars anywhere.  A check with the manager showed me that they did not get their shipment.
Second store, 15 minutes later - same story.  They were putting out tons of Frozen stuff but no Star Wars.  They didn't get a shipment either.
Third store - again lots of Frozen but when I asked the clerk about Star Wars she pointed to a shopping cart with an assortment of Star Wars goods.  "That's all of it", she said!  There was a handful of 12" figures but only 3 new 6 inch figures.  She said a couple of gentlemen had come in earlier, had a look, and left.  They may have taken some of the six inch figures, leaving just the three I saw.  No TVC at all.

It just shows you where Walmart is placing their emphasis, certainly they don't seem to care about Star Wars any more.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174222
  • Total Topics: 14555
  • Online Today: 151
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 44 queries.