Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 07:40:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

22 Guests, 3 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Triple Force Friday October 4th, 2019  (Read 1433 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Triple Force Friday October 4th, 2019
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 09:53:54 AM »

Found squat at my local Walmart.  Waste of time. Ironically this is the Walmart that wouldn't sell me a couple vintage figures a few weeks ago and proceeded to slap stickers on them thinking they were recalled. So they probably sent back what little stock they had!

:crazy:

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »

both walmart have nothing. got to the eb games. and lucked out had one of the ex second sister carbonized one left but manager said guy was waiting and bought everything . same story for the other store. sucks.
With Wookie Rage

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 11:41:44 AM »

... manager said guy was waiting and bought everything . same story for the other store. sucks.

Heard the same thing here.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »

The Force isn't female, it's Mandalorian.  Went to my TRU and was told that a collector (or scalper) came right at store open and scooped up all the Mandalorian figures, and that Jedi game figure (Cestus?), and just left behind Rey, Kylo and the First Order Stormtrooper (ha! of course they did).

Luckily I was only trying to help out a friend, so I didn't really care. I bought a TVC Knight of Ren for myself and another pal, and left the store. Not much of an "event" as usual.. I tend to refer to this day as "Force Farce Friday" due to how unprepared the stores always are.   :speechless-smiley-004:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »

My local Walmart was fully stock .  The boxes were all labelled do not open until October 4th and were in one of the middle sections far away from the Star Wars area.  I asked the night manager to open up the boxes since the night staff had not.  You can imagine my excitement being the first one there - all the boxes were marked that they had come from Hasbro Canada.   Triple Force Friday was going to be amazing.  There were a total four full floor to chest displays.   Walmart had bet the farm on the success of the new Star Wars movie.  The first box opens and there to my amazement was Knight Olfa, on to the next big display and there is was Jedi Anna but no the best was yet to come in the next display Darth Elsa.   It made your heart sing "Let it go, Let it go, Let all you anger and frustration go !"  Walmart certainly does love Frozen - Star Wars not so much.  I did make it the local TRU - a crowd of 6 in front of me but they were a little bit dazed and confused by the fact the new figures were not in the Star Wars section.  Not Canadian Jedi - scored one of each of the new Vintage Figures.   Lots of crying at TRU for there were only 2 boxes of the new figures.  No Poe X-wing and lots of 6" figures but I was not looking at those. The other collectors seemed more concerned about those and 3.75 was a secondary thought.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:44:15 PM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 02:07:07 PM »

I had the same experience - lots and lots of Frozen, but no Star Wars to be seen anywhere in Walmart!

iWookiee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »

Yikes! Walmart Calgary had 3 3 3/4 Luke Pilots. Nothing else.
TRU was just putting out stock and said a truck hadn't been unloaded yet. No vintage out. The did have ALL Rogue One
3 3/4 figs on for 98 cents.
EB I went to had just finished inventory and had issues. Had most of the stock there but couldn't sell ANY of it!
Disney Store had no new stock except 12 inch talking  figs.
So all I got today was vintage Luke pilot and 2 Rogue.figs.
However, Entertainment Earth has pre order for vintage Luke's Red 5 coming in Dec this year! $99 US. THAT I am getting!! I have Biggs Red 2, so twins!
There is ALWAYS another way!

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »

TRU I went to had no new BS figures but had all the other stuff. They did not have Poe's Xwing but had Luke's at $135. Too expensive for me.

I grabbed the last 2nd Sister EB exclusive at the store I went to.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 04:05:20 PM »

TRU I went to had no new BS figures but had all the other stuff. They did not have Poe's Xwing but had Luke's at $135. Too expensive for me.

I grabbed the last 2nd Sister EB exclusive at the store I went to.

Really?!?  They had Luke's?  That's crazy... it's so weird to see such variation in what's available from store to store, even within the same chain (TRU).

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »

Yeah, and they didn't have the Poe one.  I was expecting the Poe one cause Ontario got Poe and not Luke's.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »

My local Walmart was fully stock .  The boxes were all labelled do not open until October 4th and were in one of the middle sections far away from the Star Wars area.  I asked the night manager to open up the boxes since the night staff had not.  You can imagine my excitement being the first one there - all the boxes were marked that they had come from Hasbro Canada.   Triple Force Friday was going to be amazing.  There were a total four full floor to chest displays.   Walmart had bet the farm on the success of the new Star Wars movie.  The first box opens and there to my amazement was Knight Olfa, on to the next big display and there is was Jedi Anna but no the best was yet to come in the next display Darth Elsa.   It made your heart sing "Let it go, Let it go, Let all you anger and frustration go !"  Walmart certainly does love Frozen - Star Wars not so much.  I did make it the local TRU - a crowd of 6 in front of me but they were a little bit dazed and confused by the fact the new figures were not in the Star Wars section.  Not Canadian Jedi - scored one of each of the new Vintage Figures.   Lots of crying at TRU for there were only 2 boxes of the new figures.  No Poe X-wing and lots of 6" figures but I was not looking at those. The other collectors seemed more concerned about those and 3.75 was a secondary thought.

Yep. Frozen 2 is the main highlight at both TRU and Walmart this time of year. With HUGE sections of Elsa and Anna dolls, it's more than obvious that these two retailers have made their choice of what franchise they want to push. And sadly, it's not Star Wars.

Star Wars is dead. Not because of the lack of customer response, mostly because Hasbro Canada fails to push their products at these two major retailers. Probably because the people who makes decisions for this brand at Hasbro hate Star wars and couldn't care less.

To me, it really feels like we're back to 2005 for the ROTS movie, with critics in media spitting on the Star Wars phenomenon, not even covering the movie premiere or if so just to throw their venom at the franchise, then giving awesome critics to the lame Spiderman movie that just came out.

Basically, the Star Wars mania is pretty much dead. And with Marvel MCU Phase 1 being over, I feel the Superheroes franchise is about to live the same downhill slope. If wearing a Spiderman and Ironman t-shirt was cool for both girls and boys alike for the past 5-6 years, even 30 yo gals who wanted to look cool cosplaying half-naked in tight superheroes jumpsuits, I feel it's a little different this time around. These geek phenomena are about to be so out again...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 10:17:18 PM »

Someone mentioned that on Instagram, next year will be the end of TVC... So this could be it for the 3.75 inch scale unless there are some other plans in the works like going back to basic carded, more boring packaging.

Or it could have something to do with Hasbro's pledge of no more plastic in their toy packaging (which TVC obviously would require). I hope we're not going to get sealed boxes where you can't even see if the paintjob on the figure is good or not.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2019, 10:42:53 PM »

Someone mentioned that on Instagram, next year will be the end of TVC... So this could be it for the 3.75 inch scale unless there are some other plans in the works like going back to basic carded, more boring packaging.

Or it could have something to do with Hasbro's pledge of no more plastic in their toy packaging (which TVC obviously would require). I hope we're not going to get sealed boxes where you can't even see if the paintjob on the figure is good or not.

As far as we know hasbro's license still ends next year. Maybe the license will be renegotiated for only 6"? Or they could lose it all together. Don't think anyone knows yet.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2019, 11:12:01 PM »

i cant see Hasbro giving up the license. even when ''sw fatigue' kicks in i think its still too big of a name to just pack in and forget about it. They will keep it for sure.

sadly the 3 3/4'' line is looking like it might be near done for awhile. doesnt mean it wont come back but this hobby sucks now. how much VC has canada seen? not much! too hard to get things/costs too much anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174210
  • Total Topics: 14552
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 22
Total: 25

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 44 queries.