Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 08:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

21 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)  (Read 952 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
TVC Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
« on: October 04, 2019, 09:39:41 PM »

Guys, just to let you know of a huge news.

TVC Luke Skywalker (Yavin) is coming to Canada!  :D

But not to Walmart. Not to Toys'R'US. Not to EBGames.

I was allowed to inform you that the this figure will be offered exclusively for the Canadian market by KAIA BOUTIQUE.

The Quebec hobby shop has managed to secure all these figures after Walmart Canada decided not to take the exclusive.

Pre-orders for this figure will start this coming Monday, October 7th at 3pm EST.

The figure will be released officially on November 1st.

Be ready, quantities will be limited. This will be the only way to get this figure in Canada.You don't want to miss it.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 10:46:03 PM »

I was allowed to inform you that the this figure will be offered exclusively for the Canadian market by KAIA BOUTIQUE.

The Quebec hobby shop has managed to secure all these figures after Walmart Canada decided not to take the exclusive.

Pre-orders for this figure will start this coming Monday, October 7th at 3pm EST.

Be ready, quantities will be limited. This will be the only way to get this figure in Canada.You don't want to miss it.

Awesome.

Will it be exclusive like Lando skiff guard was exclusive, only to show up cheaper at EB Games like 2 weeks later?

Why is a rinky-dink operation like Kaia getting exclusives?  Is it because they are next door to Hasbro Canada in Quebec?  Is Hasbro Canada offering it up to other online retailers?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 10:50:26 PM by dangerlinto »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:49:43 PM »

Waitaminute.. TVC Skiff Lando showed up at EB Games?  That's the first I've heard of that.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

Waitaminute.. TVC Skiff Lando showed up at EB Games?  That's the first I've heard of that.

Posted it in the EBGames thread a couple of hours ago.  My EB had 8 of them.  Which is funny because not 2 weeks ago I bought them from Kaia with a terrible "Kaia Exclusive" sticker on the bubble and paid with shipping $10 more than I could have if I'd known they were coming to EB

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »

Awesome.

Will it be exclusive like Lando skiff guard was exclusive, only to show up cheaper at EB Games like 2 weeks later?

Why is a rinky-dink operation like Kaia getting exclusives?  Is it because they are next door to Hasbro Canada in Quebec?  Is Hasbro Canada offering it up to other online retailers?

Lando Skiff Guard turned out to be a "shared" exclusive: Kaia Boutique took "most" of the load that Walmart declined to take, but not the entire load. It seems that EB Games took the remaining units where no other ones would dare take it.

This time however, Kaia will be the only retailer offering the product in Canada. They took the entire load. Everything Walmart declined to take.

The reason why Kaia gets these exclusives is because they are working closely with Hasbro Canada to make sure the Canadian market gets access to some products. Knowing some of the behind the scene tales, I can tell you that no other retailer puts the level of energy that the people behind Kaia are putting in this relationship with Hasbro. Let's just say that the one individual leading these talks has been working in the toy business for the past 2 decades. For years, and still as of today, Hasbro Canada decision makers have involved him to check what products they should import here. He knows his stuff. And Hasbro knows it...

That being said, you guys should keep that sticker on the cardback. You do recall that the Island Journey Rey was a Kaia Boutique exclusive in Canada (same story: Kaia was the only one retailer who accepted to take this exclusive)? And that it carried that Kaia sticker? Well, this will appear in the Vintage Collection book soon to be released. It could turn out to be a very sought after piece of TVC history in the coming years...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:11:08 AM »

What is the best way to order from this place? A while back I had sent them a message on Facebook and never received a response. It seems their ordering process is weird and their website isn't great.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »

What is the best way to order from this place? A while back I had sent them a message on Facebook and never received a response. It seems their ordering process is weird and their website isn't great.
I emailed them about the lando and they said priority was being given to orders by the case. I couldn't muster enough people to order a case so never followed up. I agree it is awkward. And shipping makes it an expensive option when there's nothing else I would buy from them. In the end it's still a really expensive option.

Exclusives, as always, causing headaches among collectors.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 02:26:01 PM »

Honestly, I'm puzzled about the fact that they don't get back to you guys. I can't vouch for them, it's not my business, I just know the owner as a friend. I'll try to bring back comments to them, maybe that will help. I mean, I hope they view this feedback as ways to improve their business...

I emailed them about the lando and they said priority was being given to orders by the case. I couldn't muster enough people to order a case so never followed up. I agree it is awkward. And shipping makes it an expensive option when there's nothing else I would buy from them. In the end it's still a really expensive option.

Again, I didn't know they didn't sell these except by the case. I find that odd. If they have the item as an exclusive, they should enable people to order how many they want.

And couldn't agree more on the exclusives. This iskilling the hobby. When half of the interesting stuff is out of reach, it's not fun anymore. To me, it's like we're back to 1998 when we couldn't access interesting items like the Tauntauns, Wampas, last few waves of the POTF2 era. It was not fun. Not at all... :(

Frank Herbert

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 03:41:24 PM »

I hear ya, exclusives are frustrating. If there was no such thing as exclusives I would be happy. I don't chase some of them but when it is a new character that hasn't been released I like to buy it. I hate resorting to things like ebay for exclusives.

Sometimes I see online retailers charge a flat shipping rate. Places like Legends used to do that. Meeplemart also comes to mind. Perhaps they have large volumes and can set up those deals with Canada Post. I have always wondering how that works. Maybe they just swallow the difference, I don't know.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »

And couldn't agree more on the exclusives. This iskilling the hobby. When half of the interesting stuff is out of reach, it's not fun anymore. To me, it's like we're back to 1998 when we couldn't access interesting items like the Tauntauns, Wampas, last few waves of the POTF2 era. It was not fun. Not at all... :(

That was extremely frustrating.  I remember it well - which is precisely why I can't believe they keep giving exclusives to Kaia.  I mean, it's awful to think about, but everyone here is aware that that the people who frequent this forum don't compose a large portion of the Canadian Star Wars collectors, right?   Kaia would be totally unknown outside Quebec (and even then) were it not for them being given these exclusives.

I also find it difficult to believe that other retailers (online or not) are being tendered these exclusives.  In fact I find it impossible - there are lots of etailers who have much better capacity.   It just stinks highly of backdoor dealing.

In the end I'm happy we don't have to eBay another exclusive to get it, but having run an online store that sold Hasbro product many moons ago, seeing Kaia get an exclusive would absolutely send me fuming were I still to be in that business.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »

Honestly, I'm puzzled about the fact that they don't get back to you guys. I can't vouch for them, it's not my business, I just know the owner as a friend. I'll try to bring back comments to them, maybe that will help. I mean, I hope they view this feedback as ways to improve their business...

Again, I didn't know they didn't sell these except by the case. I find that odd. If they have the item as an exclusive, they should enable people to order how many they want.

In their defence, I never followed up after I couldn't get enough interest to order a case of Landos. So I don't know if they would have happily sent me one. But I couldn't justify just ordering one. Shipping would have killed it.

I've limited my scope of collecting to some extent in recent years, but even tracking down the exclusives I want has become a major pain.  I still need to track down a Jabba's Palace set and the skiff lando for a reasonable price.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 10:32:38 AM »

Skiff Lando is at EB Games right now at $17.99 less 10% with an edge card.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »

Went to the KAIA site. Not sure how to order the new figure. Not sure where it would be ???
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 04:38:51 PM »

Went to the KAIA site. Not sure how to order the new figure. Not sure where it would be ???

I messaged them but haven't heard back yet.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »

Picked you up a TVC Skiff Lando today CJ.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174210
  • Total Topics: 14552
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 21
Total: 25

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 44 queries.