Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 08:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NYCC announcements  (Read 381 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
NYCC announcements
« on: October 07, 2019, 09:48:14 AM »

Rebelscum has a nice summary of the various Star Wars products announced for NYCC here:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Official_New_York_ComicCon_Gallery_185304.asp

Ugh. I love the idea of a Dagobah 3-pack but they didn't even bother to fix those ugly arms on Dagobah Luke:

http://rebelscum.com/2019/2019-new-york-comic-con-hasbro-official/image65.asp

And in a SUPER-lazy move, they repacked an old Jawa figure for the TVC card.  No soft goods!!!!

http://rebelscum.com/2019/2019-new-york-comic-con-hasbro-official/image67.asp

Yavin Ceremony Leia just looks... unusually angry and/or unhappy. This is one that I would not order online because I'd want to make sure I didn't get "mopey Leia" by mistake...

http://rebelscum.com/2019/2019-new-york-comic-con-hasbro-official/image69.asp

TVC Shadow Trooper looks AMAZING!  Put me down for 5

http://rebelscum.com/2019/2019-new-york-comic-con-hasbro-official/image71.asp

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:52:39 AM by napseeker »

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: NYCC announcements
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »

Ugh. I love the idea of a Dagobah 3-pack but they didn't even bother to fix those ugly arms on Dagobah Luke:

http://rebelscum.com/2019/2019-new-york-comic-con-hasbro-official/image65.asp

Yeah, that set is just about as ugly as you get.  I'll be skipping that!

The Shadow trooper does look nice.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »

I am going to skip that set as well. I am surprised they went with a set like that.
I don't understand why they don't package a Stormtrooper set something similar. They could have a regular Stormtrooper/Shadow Trooper/Sith Trooper.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »

I don't understand why they don't package a Stormtrooper set something similar. They could have a regular Stormtrooper/Shadow Trooper/Sith Trooper.

The reason why they don't do a set like that is because it would sell like crazy and make Hasbro lots of money. And Hasbro's decision making on how to pick characters to release and how many of them to pack per case for years seems to be all about how to make the LEAST amount of profit  a company can make :)

That said, there is a rumor that a Sith Trooper 3-pack may be coming (with the troopers being identical but each having different weapons). Not sure how different that would be from the Amazon-exclusive Sith Trooper that comes with 4 or 5 extra weapons though.

Looking again at the photos, I think the Ceremony Leia does have one improvement: a bigger head this time, compared to the pinhead Carrie head we got in the Black series. Too bad the photoreal is so horrible that it defeats the entire purpose of the upgrade.

The Jawa is the tall Jawa that we originally got in the Black Series. I'm seeing some TVC collectors online wish that it had been the smaller Jawa (and again, give the guy some softgoods to compensate for the tinier figure so that it feels like it's worth $18).  The taller Jawa then makes the bubble much larger than it should be compared to the vintage Jawa bubble. Sigh...

neospike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 03:42:10 PM »

That said, there is a rumor that a Sith Trooper 3-pack may be coming (with the troopers being identical but each having different weapons). Not sure how different that would be from the Amazon-exclusive Sith Trooper that comes with 4 or 5 extra weapons though.

Not a 3-pack...

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »

No, I do mean a 3-pack troop builder set. The picture you posted is of the Amazon Sith trooper set that I was also just referring to which is not the 3-pack that is being rumored.

Edit: in other words, it'd likely be packaged similar to the Dagobah 3-pack and other Kenner-style vintage 3-packs. That seems to be the only way Hasbro does multi-packs lately, given that they stopped doing the Battlepacks ages ago.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 03:53:17 PM by napseeker »

neospike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »

Jayson from Yakface confirmed that this is the pack he had reported and that he was slightly mistaken about the 3-pack info.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »

I think I would've preferred the 3-pack. One figure plus some extra weapons for a few dollars more isn't that exciting... (although for other figures, having the right accessories can be a home run e.g. Yoda with pot, tree stump (or wherever it was he sat when training Luke), deathbed (just to be grim), some of the cannisters that Luke was levitating, etc.

I guess this is a compromise to those people who wanted to see a return of those TPM accessory packs.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 05:12:24 PM »

Jayson from Yakface confirmed that this is the pack he had reported and that he was slightly mistaken about the 3-pack info.
Yep 😀👍

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 07:59:21 AM »

The Jawa will bring us to 12/12 of the original 12 cards having been remade in the vintage line.  :artoo:

I "might" get Yavin Luke & Leia, I'll have to dig up my previous versions of these figures & decide if I want the new version enough to pop for it - the cards themselves won't get me in these cases.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2029
  • Latest: Wrenn
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174222
  • Total Topics: 14555
  • Online Today: 151
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 43 queries.