Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2021, 10:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

38 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shopping at lego.com  (Read 1618 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
shopping at lego.com
« on: November 27, 2019, 11:47:34 PM »

Anyone ever shop at lego.com?

Was looking at the shop and wondering if they charge customs fees when shipping to Canada. They offer free shipping on orders over $35 and the charge tax. But their website mentions a customs broker... I'd hate to order something and get hit with extra fees. It also says they use fedex, which is more expensive than canada post customs clearance. Anyone have any experience shopping there?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: shopping at lego.com
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 01:27:32 AM »

I've bought from there several times in the past, but it's been a few years now since the last time, so things might be different now. But back then, I don't remember ever having paid any additional charges upon delivery - no customs, brokerage fees, etc. I do remember that the shipping label on the boxes would always show the sender as being located in Niagara Falls, ON. So I believe what they did was ship a whole bunch of orders by freight over the border, and then drop the individual packages into the courier system on the Canadian side. Similar to what Hasbro did with the Sail Barge orders.

In fact, I am certain I never paid customs, or I likely would not have bought so many times from them. That kind of thing typically kills any interest from me, unless the item is already coming at a severe discount.

If you do buy there, and intend to make further orders, make sure you sign up for their VIP account. The reward points are pretty decent. I usually was able to knock $5 or $10 off every other order.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 06:18:00 AM »

Darth Cujo:

If you do order over their limit, the only charges are the product plus the tax. No brokerage fees or any other charges.  Definitely become a VIP member.  You get special early access and double VIP on certain weekends that allow you to save money and it cost nothing to join.  December 6th to January 30th this year while quantity last if you make a $40 purchase you will get a free vintage obi wan figure.   Last weekend VIP members got double VIP points , 30 % of the cloud city star wars lego set and also off the y-wing set and got 2 free lego sets - a Christmas tree and a 2'x4' red brick. 
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »

Yes, all the little free mini sets and double VIP point events were also great to have!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 06:27:59 PM »

Thanks guys, that's helpful. I just never considered the Lego shop as a reasonable option. But then I saw some of the black Friday sales and free shipping and wondered if they're worthwhile or not or if theres a catch. Not sure I'll buy anything this weekend but it's good to know.

Don't see any star wars deals on Lego shop this weekend. Or Harry potter (that's what my kid is into now). Although I found some other Harry potter deals recently.

Anyway I appreciate the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175370
  • Total Topics: 14461
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 43 queries.