Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2020, 08:46:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

243 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: G.I. Joe: Classified 6" line  (Read 1672 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe: Classified 6" line
« on: February 21, 2020, 11:09:08 PM »

Well I was kind of excited to see these and now that they've revealed snake eyes scarlet roadblock and Duke I'm rather disappointed.

The designs just look off. Like they're so close but they just did enough weirdness to really mess them up. What's with all the goofy shin pads? And the goofy gold? And what is that thing roadblock is holding?

I thought this line would be more along the lines of pursuit of cobra or the sideshow Joes. PoC was a near perfect modernizing of many of the figures. Instead it seems to be leaning too much to the 90s goofiness that killed the Joe line back in the day.

Snake eyes is pretty cool, though again not quite right. Just a little off. Too busy and not really a modern version of either v1 or v2 snake eyes like I was expecting. More like the CD rom version that came out in the early 2000s. A weird choice.

Anyway I thought I was going to get sucked in and be all in for this line. Instead, my first impression is I'm going to be very choosy. With wave 1 only snake eyes has me interested in actually spending money.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe: Classified 6" line
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 02:30:19 AM »

I hate Roadblocks gun and his gold.

I might end up getting SE, Duke, Scarlett and Storm Shadow.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »

I hate Roadblocks gun and his gold.

I might end up getting SE, Duke, Scarlett and Storm Shadow.
Have they shown stormshadow yet?

With this reveal I certainly won't consider buying any character sight unseen. Even my definite favorites like stalker, recondo and spirit. Man, I can't imagine what they'll do to spirit if they get to him.

I've always loved firefly. I have a feeling they'll over-gadgetize him to the point of ridiculousness.

I can see how they probably feel they're bring the 80s designs into the present but I'm just not a fan of this design approach.

On a bright note my wallet is happy. Now let's see the SW reveals and see just how happy my wallet will be this year.

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »

These have been available in the States for a little while yet, but I haven't seen any in stores in Canada. Anyone purchase these at retail in Canada yet? I pre-ordered a few figures from Amazon, but nothing has shipped yet.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »

I pre-ordered these from BigBadToyStore but I don't have them in my possession yet. I think they may be in my pile of loot there.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »

I think specialty stores on both sides of the border have had them. But I don't think any have shown up at regular retail even in the US.

I also ordered snake eyes and destro from amazon and have heard nothing. Destro was available to pre-order until July 1 on amazon.ca you could even order as many as 30! Then suddenly he is no longer available for sale from amazon. Also snake eyes was supposed to be ready to ship June 1 and destro July 1 yet both are in wave 1. Now amazon has a listing for wave 1 for 29.99. Seemingly you get a random choice but it doesn't say that in the description. And they ship in 1 to 2 months. Meanwhile individual listing for scarlet,  Duke and roadblock have been unavailable for weeks. Just very odd.

Probably not helped by covid (obviously), but also hasbro's asinine approach of revealing and making available parts of a single wave one at a time ( or 3, 1,1 in this case).

I feel like these will eventually hit regular retail in modest yet readily available numbers. The official gi joe site shows a list of stores they are to be available at including TRU and Walmart. I think it's just a matter of patience.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:49:43 PM »

They are just starting to show up at Walmart in the US now.  I bought mine from a specialty store here though.

I gave them some new gear as I hate the futuristic crap they come with.

You can technically say we have Jinx as Elodie Yung played Jinx and the Elektra figure is based off of her.

Destro

Snake Eyes looks nice on Black Widow's bike

You also have to modify his sheath for his knife to fit all the way as shown below.

B/S/T list:

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 10:10:20 AM »

Hey, nice pics Darth Woo!

Darth Cujo, thanks for the tip regarding the Joe website mentioning TRU and Walmart; I hadn't seen that.

Hasbro and distribution is a real mess, and with me having really reduced by shopping trips due to COVID, I wasn't sure if it was more of a "not yet, be patient" kind of thing, or a "walmart got one case and it sold to the first collector that showed up, never to be seen again".

I also seem to remember very spotty distribution in Canada of the 3 3/4" joes from around the Retaliation days, like 2012 or whenever ...

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 11:09:44 AM »

I found a case on the shelf at a local Walmart. I grabbed the Duke and Snake Eyes as I pre-ordered Scarlett. The Roadblocks that were there either looked like they were on a meth binge (very big eyes) or inbred (crossed eyes) so I passed.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »

Glad to hear they're finally hitting retail. Hopefully this means Amazon will be able to ship my orders soon.

Stocktrack still shows nothing at any Walmart when I search. I wonder is there a lag between stock arriving at stores and showing on Stocktrack? 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 09:14:04 PM »

These are a really tough one for me to figure out. That Snake Eyes would be the version I would want the most, but he doesn't come with Timber, is that right?  :mad0177:

There would only be a very few others & they'd have to be SUPER faithful to the 3.75" version from the 80s - Breaker, Flash, maybe Gung Ho, Ripcord, Snow Job...... not many from after that. They got just a tad outlandish for my tastes after the first 2-3 waves.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »

Gung ho is coming.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B083VM3M6D?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Not exactly like the original but pretty nice modern version.

I was into Joe from 82, (I bought gi Joe #1 off the spinner rack at a variety store) and was fully in until about 89. By that point there was lots of ridiculousness but there were still some gems. But 82 through 86 was the peak.

My favorites tended to be on the more realistic side, though Snake Eyes and his comic story was the best. Some of my faves include Stalker, Recondo,  Spirit, Ripcord, Firefly. Most figures with camo were cool. I did enjoy the whole ninja thing and some goofy cobras like zartan and Destro were pretty awesome.

So far the line is a bit perplexing. Destro and Gung Ho are pretty faithful to the original while others like roadblock and scarlet take things a bit far with goofy gold and weird weapons. Part of the appeal to Joes is all the gear they came with. I'm curious to see how they handle the likes of Breaker and Snow job. Hopefully they come with lots of stuff. 

Anyway, I'm cherry picking from this line. They did say in their video Q&A that classic versions of characters would be coming. Curious to see those but it seems it will be a while. Wave 2 doesn't even arrive until October or November. 

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 01:06:37 AM »

I found a case on the shelf at a local Walmart. I grabbed the Duke and Snake Eyes as I pre-ordered Scarlett. The Roadblocks that were there either looked like they were on a meth binge (very big eyes) or inbred (crossed eyes) so I passed.

Oh, that's good to hear. I'll keep an eye out next time I make a run to Walmart

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 11:53:08 AM »

Scarlett's backpack set up really bothered me.  I really hated that knife on the front so I took matters into my own hands.

Here's how the backpack peg looks.
B/S/T list:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 10:41:41 AM »

Nice
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173526
  • Total Topics: 14404
  • Online Today: 311
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 243
Total: 245

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 45 queries.