Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2020, 08:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

284 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: G.I. Joe: Classified 6" line  (Read 1671 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe: Classified 6" line
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 11:02:47 PM »

They're going to wind up making the "classic" line of these with repainted costumes to match the originals & they're going to be convention exclusives. I can just see it now.  :mad0177:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 12:09:29 PM »

The newer wave ones have a lot less gold and I think it looks so much nicer.  Hence, here's my updated Duke.

I painted over the baby blue effects on his bandolier and the box on his belt and painted his knee and shin pads grey.

Another view of the painted elbow pad.  I also painted the buckle for the canteen holder flap.

and a WIP picture of Roadblock.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 10:41:49 AM »

I just got a shipping notice for my Amazon order for tarantula (snake eyes). Hopefully my destro ships soon.

Interestingly I saw TRU had SE in stock on their website yesterday morning. I thought I'd try and order in case amazon cancelled but by the time I got to check out it was out of stock.

They only had him listed none of the rest of the wave.

I saw the target exclusive joes revealed. Probably will never come here.  :shakehead: I'm hoping these will make it to regular release in some form. Maybe different packaging. Either way Hasbro is really making things difficult. It's hard to get excited about this line when it's already becoming difficult to follow what is available and where. And those figures look pretty nice. If I could I'd probably get beachhead baroness and maybe the cobra trooper.

They've really toned down the bling on these and are more what I was expecting from this line  big improvement over wave one. And they're pretty faithful to the originals baroness especially. Though I'm disappointed in the lack of camo on beachhead. The cobra trooper seems like a reasonable modern version of the original.

Anyway I guess we'll have to be patient and see what comes to canada. Or other retailers like dorkside.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 06:48:14 AM »

Just received both my snake eyes and destro. Haven't opened them yet but they look great. Both arrived shipped in boxes and in perfect condition.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 11:37:39 AM »

Wow.  That sure took a long time for Amazon.  I canceled my Amazon order when I found it at my local comic shop.  I paid about $5 more total for the 4 figures than I would have if I stuck with my Amazon order, but I just wasn't going to risk Amazon cancelling my order.
B/S/T list:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »

Yeah snake eyes arrived about a week ago and destro a couple days ago. They were shipped to my local post office so I just picked them up yesterday. Snake eyes was supposed to be available June 1 and destro july1. And they shipped a week apart. Makes me wonder if they are getting different assortments or is this just a product of Hasbro's stupid practice of staggering reveals of figures in the same wave this their release gets staggered. Fricking annoying from an online ordering process. I wish hasbro would stop playing stupid marketing games and just tell us what's coming in advance and let us order it from reliable places.

Meanwhile the other three in this wave have been out of stock and if they were ever up for preorder I missed it. I just want scarlett out of those three so hopefully stock will catch up and be available somewhere.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 02:23:19 PM »

Duke, Roadblock and Scarlett were the first ones available for pre-order and were sold out within a day or 2.  Then Destro was revealed and then he came up for pre-order and sold out after like 2 or 3 days.

Then they did some big reveal of SE and then he came up for pre-order.  I missed out on Destro but he came back in stock when SE was added so I put SE and Destro together in an order and the other 3 previously.

I ended up canceling the whole thing when it showed up at local comic store on June 3rd.  Case assortment was 2 SE and 1 of everything else.  I even have the case box still...haha.  I think it had a street date on it too.
B/S/T list:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »

I actually found "tarantula" on amazon.ca well before destro was available. I think he went back up as "snake eyes" after destro. But the fact that destro was available so much later than snake eyes and didn't just ship at the same time makes me question if there are solid cases being shipped by Hasbro. But I haven't heard any actual evidence of this. I know the case assortment is two snake eyes and one of everything else. It's just stupid how Hasbro staggers them. And amazon seems to have followed the staggering even though all the figures supposedly come in a case together. I guess they ship in order the orders were placed so naturally my destros came last.
I was hoping amazon would at least have some limited excess stock once preorders were filled. But who knows.ive been checking regulary since my snake eyes order was shipped to see if any scarlets go up. So far no luck.

And my local walmarts don't seem to want to carry new toys.stocktrack shows that my local stores don't even carry the Joe's or the retro SW figures.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »

I actually found "tarantula" on amazon.ca well before destro was available. I think he went back up as "snake eyes" after destro. But the fact that destro was available so much later than snake eyes and didn't just ship at the same time makes me question if there are solid cases being shipped by Hasbro. But I haven't heard any actual evidence of this. I know the case assortment is two snake eyes and one of everything else. It's just stupid how Hasbro staggers them. And amazon seems to have followed the staggering even though all the figures supposedly come in a case together. I guess they ship in order the orders were placed so naturally my destros came last.
I was hoping amazon would at least have some limited excess stock once preorders were filled. But who knows.ive been checking regulary since my snake eyes order was shipped to see if any scarlets go up. So far no luck.

And my local walmarts don't seem to want to carry new toys.stocktrack shows that my local stores don't even carry the Joe's or the retro SW figures.

Yeah, stocktrack is showing the same thing for me.  It's not always accurate though.  It helped me get Bly so the Black Series figures are accurate.  The ESB BS 40th showed that they don't carry them, but they had them in the store when I checked.

As for Amazon, the Joes were listed as GiJ CS.  That's how I found them.
B/S/T list:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 04:21:09 PM »

Also, July/August is historically when Walmart resets their toy aisles. It's usually a barren wasteland at this time of year. By the end of August and into September, most stores will have cleared out old crap and have stock in for the new lines (or at least peg/shelf space set aside for them). Who knows this year though? The entire stock chain has probably been disrupted due to the pandemic. I think Walmart has been focusing all their effort on their website, to the detriment of their in-store stock.

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »

Finally saw my first Classified figure in the wild. A lone Roadblock.
My pre-orders from Amazon still haven't shipped either.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 06:52:20 PM »

Finally saw my first Classified figure in the wild. A lone Roadblock.
My pre-orders from Amazon still haven't shipped either.

Walmart?
B/S/T list:

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 08:03:46 PM »

Walmart?

Geez. I'm sorry. Totally meant to say it was at Toys R Us.

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2020, 03:50:57 PM »

I heard about these low-end army figures being sold at Walmart that had 6"-compatible weapons. So, I went to check them out today. Found three sets of these "Kids Connection" army sets for $3 each (yes, $3 each ... with action figures, lights & sounds!). The figures themselves are more like 4" scale, and the weapons are all over the place.

In total, I paid $9 for three sets and got 39 different accessories. From the lot, I got a couple of larger guns, a bunch of pistols and some walkie-talkies that fit nicely in scale with the Joes.

I basically bought these with the hope that at least one of the guns would fit Roadblock, as I hate the laser gun that he comes with. I don't actually own Roadblock yet, but I think I have enough candidates in my lot to give him a try now.

Anyway, I know the sci-fi guns aren't super popular so I figured it was worth sharing this. Cheap way to add some more realistic weapon options to your mix.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:53:10 PM by bm459 »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »

Those weapons are interesting, thanks for sharing. Would be good to see them in the hands of the figures.

It's kind of annoying that the weapons with these figures are pretty crappy. I agree that the extreme sci-fi looking stuff is disappointing. I'm also disappointed that SE doesnt come with the standard uzi and a few other things that are in that deluxe set that nobody can reasonably obtain.

To me the original RAH line had two major aspects that attracted me as toys; added articulation and all the usable gear they came with. For the price (same as the black series but no licensing fees) hasbro should give loads of gear with these figures. And I wish they would be more realistic and reflective of the original figures.

I saw a lonely roadblock in person today at vaughan mills TRU. Sadly no scarlet. I have to admit the gold doesnt look nearly as bad in person. Its tempting to buy him but I passed for now. I have to try and remain picky with this line. $30 is too much to spend on figures that are only so-so. And roadblock, between the gold, the weapons and the even without the gold those goofy shinpads (are they a thing in the military now? Scarlet Duke and gung ho all have goofy shinpads.), he's only a so-so figure.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173526
  • Total Topics: 14404
  • Online Today: 311
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 284
Total: 285

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 45 queries.