Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2020, 01:44:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

81 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATE:Canadian ToyCon: Sunday, March 15th, 2020 10am-3pm Holiday Inn Burlington  (Read 620 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

UPDATE: I have spoken with the organizer personally, and as per their Facebook page, the toy show is still a GO!  There are approximately 50-60 tables as of yesterday. Due to current COVID-19 situation, it would be nice for those people visiting the show that you practice safe hygiene (wash/sanitize hands frenquently, don't shake hands, etc.),...and if you see an item you are interested in, that you consult the vendor prior to touching/handling an item from their table. Please respect the vendor's decision to limit handling of items.  My understanding is there will be some hand sanitizer on hand provided by the hotel. I will have some at my table and I may ask my regulars to sanitize their hands prior to handling items on my table.  This is to make sure your experience and my experience are as safe as possible.  Also, if you feel sick in anyway, please stay home.  Let's have a safe and fun toy show.

ToyCon’s March 15th show will feature some unique vendors, exhibitors, artists and cosplayers.  The Canadian ToyCon is a convention that focuses on action figures, comics, collectibles, toys, figurines, dolls, artwork and more from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today.

Sunday, March 15th, 2020 10am to 3pm

Admission: $5.00

Holiday Inn Burlington
3063 South Service Road
Burlington, Ontario
L7N 3E9

More info at http://www.gtacons.com
https://www.facebook.com/CDNToyCon/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:47:17 PM by IanToronto »

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I am surprised he moved forward with it. What was the turnout like ?

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

Irresponsible of the organizer - I hope no one got sick.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Liability was more on the hotel than the organizer. They made sure there wasn't more than 250 people in the show at one time. But the reality was, there was probably no more than 80 people if that in the room. There were hardly any Star Wars collectors stopping by my tables that I ended up closing up shop and leaving after 3hrs. Believe me social distancing was not an issue.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

If one person was infected, it doesn't matter if there was 10, 20, 50, 200, 250 people in the room with him/her. It just takes touching the areas where this individual touched, being close to that person, touching that person, breathing the air that person ejected from his lungs when standing a few feet around him. Unless you're immune or wearing a mask and gloves, which I doubt people have been doing at a toy show...

So...

Irresponsible of the organizer - I hope no one got sick.

... I tend to agree with that comment. Given what's happening, a toy show not being an essential public service, this should have been cancelled and postponed.

The need of the many outweighs the need of the few.

Wrong franchise, but it's never been more accurate than today.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175219
  • Total Topics: 14601
  • Online Today: 99
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 81
Total: 82

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 44 queries.