Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 11:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

207 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ESB Retro Will They come to Canada?  (Read 7140 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: ESB Retro Will They come to Canada?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »

Are you opening them?  I'm only interested in Yoda cause the soft goods on him seem to look better than the one from the Cave of Evil 3 pack Yoda.  Was wondering if this soft goods cloak would fit that Yoda.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 02:22:52 PM »

Not opening, no. Only ended up getting one set of the retros so far, just to keep carded. At the prices they are, I couldn't justify a set to open. Re: Yoda, there some discussion about the soft goods here that you probably have already seen: https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=3987

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 06:51:28 PM »

Thanks.  Didn't realize someone talked about it in the comments.  Guess it will be like how the Jedi Luke's vintage cloak would be.  I had one that I used on my DSII Luke and it was kinda weird cause it was too short.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »

LOL It seems everytime I make a move, it creates something nice.

Managed to buy a good portion of the Retro ESB figures from WM US (obviously except Boba Fett), send them to a friend who will send them thru the border to me.

Then, 2 days later, they show up in Canadian WM stores. My friend confirmed that WM Canada was to receive a few of these... but I just couldn't take any chances I guess.

LOL  :tongue0024: :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Not the first time I jinx myself. Been doing that over the last few years with numerous WM or TRU exclusive figures. I tell myself that it's me who's responsible for stuff to happen... jinxing myself so the mass can benefit in the end.  ;D

Okay, I'll probably end up paying a little less even with the exchange rate and the shipping... provided I'm not paying customs fees. I managed to grab 2 Fetts for myself, so I'm good now.

So... my apologies for the false alarm on these... looks like we'll be getting a truck load. But their prices... damn it... come one Walmart Canada, you're exaggerating a little bit. My guess is that you think they are the same type of products as TVC... but they're not...  ::)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 10:24:01 AM »

Managed to buy a good portion of the Retro ESB figures from WM US (obviously except Boba Fett), send them to a friend who will send them thru the border to me.

Then, 2 days later, they show up in Canadian WM stores. My friend confirmed that WM Canada was to receive a few of these... but I just couldn't take any chances I guess.

Not the first time I jinx myself. Been doing that over the last few years with numerous WM or TRU exclusive figures. I tell myself that it's me who's responsible for stuff to happen... jinxing myself so the mass can benefit in the end.  ;D

Okay, I'll probably end up paying a little less even with the exchange rate and the shipping... provided I'm not paying customs fees. I managed to grab 2 Fetts for myself, so I'm good now.

So... my apologies for the false alarm on these... looks like we'll be getting a truck load. But their prices... damn it... come one Walmart Canada, you're exaggerating a little bit. My guess is that you think they are the same type of products as TVC... but they're not...  ::)

How much are they at WM here?

Thanks

:fett:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 11:09:19 AM »

$18 a pop.  :~/~: :( :-X :speechless-smiley-004:

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »

Sadly, I won't be getting a Boba Fett at 10X the price that was paid for my original one ($1.44 day sale at Woolco)

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 02:34:20 PM »

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 03:14:01 PM »

Thankfully I have a complete set of all the originals, albeit loose, so I won’t have to pay this ridiculous price for a reproduction figure on a worn out looking card.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 08:26:41 PM »

How much are they at WM here?

Thanks

:fett:

17.97$. Same as the TVC figures. INSANE.  :crazy:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 09:19:12 PM »

As if it wasn't already obvious how insane that price is.... I bought a 4-pack of delicious Drumstick ice cream cones at my local supermarket last week. Cost was $4 for 4 cones.

So buying one retro-card ESB figure is equivalent to about 4.5 boxes of these cones or EIGHTEEN ice cream cones (we're talking vanilla flavour with a solid chocolate coating decorated with peanuts and caramel or creamy peanut butter center).

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I'd rather eat the 18 ice cream cones. Especially in this weather  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 12:03:43 PM »

As if it wasn't already obvious how insane that price is.... I bought a 4-pack of delicious Drumstick ice cream cones at my local supermarket last week. Cost was $4 for 4 cones.

So buying one retro-card ESB figure is equivalent to about 4.5 boxes of these cones or EIGHTEEN ice cream cones (we're talking vanilla flavour with a solid chocolate coating decorated with peanuts and caramel or creamy peanut butter center).

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I'd rather eat the 18 ice cream cones. Especially in this weather  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

I AGREE!!! I need to check these specials, I want my Drumstick cones!!!!  :) :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Frank Herbert

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 12:50:01 PM »

I'm eating one of those Nestle Drumstick ice cream cones right now for lunch, and let me tell you...

it is BOBA-licious!!!!   :party0053:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2020, 12:50:24 PM »

Excellent choice. :D

It's interesting to explore our options as consumers here. Refusing to pay full price for these will lead WM to report to Hasbro that they don't sell. Hasbro then has to decide whether or not to make more. For this particular line I really don't care, but I appreciate that some fans really do. So tough choice. If you want the line to continue, do you bite the bullet? What if you really like the line but feel the price is absurd? What action can you take?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 12:52:32 PM by jjreason »

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 11:13:33 PM »

I'm eating one of those Nestle Drumstick ice cream cones right now for lunch, and let me tell you...

it is BOBA-licious!!!!   :party0053:

Please, sir, I humbly request that you amend your previous statements re: "Nestlé Drumsticks" and remove all reference to them as "ice cream". If you would peruse the entirety of the product's packaging, you will note that the term "ice cream" is nowhere mentioned, least of all in the list of ingredients.

Joking aside, I remember when those conical frozen dessert products used to be less than $1 apiece, however I believe the inflation on action figures puts even Nestlé to shame (and that's saying something!)  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173862
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 234
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 207
Total: 208

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 45 queries.