Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 12:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

181 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ESB Retro Will They come to Canada?  (Read 7146 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
Re: ESB Retro Will They come to Canada?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 04:07:25 AM »

Please, sir, I humbly request that you amend your previous statements re: "Nestlé Drumsticks" and remove all reference to them as "ice cream". If you would peruse the entirety of the product's packaging, you will note that the term "ice cream" is nowhere mentioned, least of all in the list of ingredients.

:scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008:

Oh my stars and garters, you are CORRECT!  I had to walk over to the fridge and check the box and yes, it does indeed say "sundae cone" and not "ice cream cone".   Next thing you know I'm going to find out that my hot dog weiners are really made from cheaper cow anus instead of the proper pork anus.   :confused0024:

@jjreason: I think if the retro collection consisted of something more than just repacks of vintage figures, then people would be far more willing to pay the $18 and support the line, that is Hasbro gives us more of the figures we all wish Kenner had made as well like General Rieekan, Monkey-face holo Emperor, Dagobah Training Luke, Removable helmet Vader (which could be an easy kitbash of the vintage Vader), Hoth Han with his hood down (again, an easy kitbash), a Yoda that was more accurate but still had the vintage look, other Hoth Rebels, etc. 

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »

Please, sir, I humbly request that you amend your previous statements re: "Nestlé Drumsticks" and remove all reference to them as "ice cream". If you would peruse the entirety of the product's packaging, you will note that the term "ice cream" is nowhere mentioned, least of all in the list of ingredients.

:scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008:

Oh my stars and garters, you are CORRECT!  I had to walk over to the fridge and check the box and yes, it does indeed say "sundae cone" and not "ice cream cone".   Next thing you know I'm going to find out that my hot dog weiners are really made from cheaper cow anus instead of the proper pork anus.   :confused0024:

@jjreason: I think if the retro collection consisted of something more than just repacks of vintage figures, then people would be far more willing to pay the $18 and support the line, that is Hasbro gives us more of the figures we all wish Kenner had made as well like General Rieekan, Monkey-face holo Emperor, Dagobah Training Luke, Removable helmet Vader (which could be an easy kitbash of the vintage Vader), Hoth Han with his hood down (again, an easy kitbash), a Yoda that was more accurate but still had the vintage look, other Hoth Rebels, etc.

May seem like a really odd question - but any chance you’re an Uncle Scrooge (McDuck) fan?

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »

May seem like a really odd question - but any chance you’re an Uncle Scrooge (McDuck) fan?

I'm aware of who Uncle Scrooge is, but I'm afraid I've never seen the cartoon (or read the comic books, if those also exist). And yes, that is a rather strange question!  ;)

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »

I'm aware of who Uncle Scrooge is, but I'm afraid I've never seen the cartoon (or read the comic books, if those also exist). And yes, that is a rather strange question!  ;)

Hahahaha... ok... I’ve just never heard the term, “stars and garters” used outside of Carl Barks’ Uncle Scrooge comics before and thought I’d found a kindred spirit!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2020, 12:08:51 AM »

Hahahaha... ok... I’ve just never heard the term, “stars and garters” used outside of Carl Barks’ Uncle Scrooge comics before and thought I’d found a kindred spirit!

Ah I see... well we've both learned something new today then!  Allow me to introduce you to another popular furry character who just happens to say the same line (all the freaking time!)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2020, 09:20:15 AM »

Henry McCoy is an X-Man, not an Avenger. Change my mind.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »

The movies and their splits on characters between Fox and Marvel Studios really did a number on that argument, didn't it?

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2020, 11:56:11 AM »

I ended up buying a set of the figures from someone in the US. With shipping and exchange the cost is only a bit more than what I would buy these at the store for. If I can actually find them at a store. The nearest Walmart is an hour drive for me.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2020, 07:39:47 AM »

what site .  was able to get all except Fett at my local store scalpers took all the fetts
With Wookie Rage

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »

The movies and their splits on characters between Fox and Marvel Studios really did a number on that argument, didn't it?

I think John Byrne enjoyed drawing him so much he dragged him from one book to the other back in the 80s, but you're right the movies did make a clear statement. Gladly the X-Men have been brought back into the Marvel fold. They seem to be biding their time, but hopefully we'll get a new X-Men movie someday.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »

what site .  was able to get all except Fett at my local store scalpers took all the fetts

It was a private sale post on Facebook. I hope it goes well! LOL

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2020, 02:35:20 PM »

It's interesting when using stocktrack not a single walmart in york region shows as carrying these. I wonder how accurate stocktrack is, but if it is accurate, that's pretty crazy for all the walmarts near me to just not carry them.

I'm kinda hoping that online retailers will carry them after an exclusivity window for walmart. Then just order the whole wave, and not have to try and chase down a boba fett. Ugh!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »

It's interesting when using stocktrack not a single walmart in york region shows as carrying these. I wonder how accurate stocktrack is, but if it is accurate, that's pretty crazy for all the walmarts near me to just not carry them.

I'm kinda hoping that online retailers will carry them after an exclusivity window for walmart. Then just order the whole wave, and not have to try and chase down a boba fett. Ugh!

I'm pretty sure it's accurate. From what I can tell, only a few stores received the island displays of these. There was only 1 that got them in Niagara Region. Hopefully that is just the initial promotional shipment of the figures - maybe more stores will get "regular" stock in without the promo displays eventually. Or maybe that's it. I don't understand why HasCan can't even just run a twitter account or something letting collectors know what/when/how much is available. That's gotta take maybe 5 minutes of someone's day.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2020, 03:09:18 PM »

I looked into this for you and are you sure you are using the correct number?
The one i used is this 501099368721
just used random postal code for your area.
one store has 14 on hand.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »

I've been checking stocktrack as well as checking a few stores, haven't seen any retro wave 2 yet. Has anyone else in Manitoba seen them?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173862
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 215
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 44 queries.