Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2020, 05:55:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

218 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Petition for Hasbro to make more NEW 3​.​75" Star Wars Vintage Collection figure  (Read 3057 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

It's pretty cool. Not $20 worth, but I won't hesitate to spend the money anyhow. ><

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile

I agree with the comments here. I did sign the petition but ultimately I don't think it will do anything.
I have always hated exclusives because they are pricey for what you get (usually), they are very difficult to track down, and there are simply too many of them. I think most of us visit JTA, and they had a good article on there done by Thomas a while back that showed how may 6 inch BS exclusives there have been. It is staggering to see how many there are.

I remember reading something one time on why Hasbro loves exclusives. It allows for the retailer to take most if not all of the risk and Hasbro makes more money off of them because of the higher priced exclusive.

As mentioned on here, it is all about the money. Hasbro doesn't really care what we want to a large degree. They simply have a formula that is making them money and they go with it. Is there a better formula that would satisfy the long time collectors? Maybe, but I don't thing they have much interest in exploring that option.

It has been worse since Disney took over and I believe that Hasbro at one time cared more about the collectors. I used to like when they would do the Q&A's. I still enjoy collecting Star Wars but it isn't the same as it once was.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC: For those who are interested in the "nuts and bolts" of the toy industry, watch some of the interviews that Todd McFarlane has been giving online recently (Youtube). ShartimusPrime has a 3-part one up, and there's others as well. They're mainly in relation to McFarlane's Kickstarter campaign for a new Spawn figure, but he also goes into other aspects of the toy industry. It's really cool to see someone who is so passionate about what he does, to the point that he doesn't even care about how much (or little) money something makes, as long as it's a cool toy. And he can do it easier than Hasbro, because it's his own company and he doesn't have to answer to shareholders. I've never owned a McFarlane Toys product, but just jumped in with their new DC Multiverse line that they took over from Mattel. The attention to detail is pretty impressive, and you get feel like you're getting good value for the price. I meant to only pickup some of the iconic Batman-related figures, but ended up getting most of the others as well.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile

It has been worse since Disney took over and I believe that Hasbro at one time cared more about the collectors. I used to like when they would do the Q&A's. I still enjoy collecting Star Wars but it isn't the same as it once was.
The old Q&As were pretty great. And the shear volume of questions they would answer, it's hard to believe when you see how it is now. Sure there were always dumb questions, and some non-answers, but there were some good ones and they did answer enough questions to get you excited about what was coming. Part of that is just a matter of volume.

Unfortunately now, with so little coming, and they answer so little, anytime a Hasbro rep answers questions nowadays it's virtually pointless. I sometimes get the sense they answer like they're responding to casual fans, not collectors. And with so few websites getting to ask the questions, the softball useless questions waste most of the slots.

Ah, the good old days.  :P

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC: For those who are interested in the "nuts and bolts" of the toy industry, watch some of the interviews that Todd McFarlane has been giving online recently (Youtube). ShartimusPrime has a 3-part one up, and there's others as well. They're mainly in relation to McFarlane's Kickstarter campaign for a new Spawn figure, but he also goes into other aspects of the toy industry. It's really cool to see someone who is so passionate about what he does, to the point that he doesn't even care about how much (or little) money something makes, as long as it's a cool toy. And he can do it easier than Hasbro, because it's his own company and he doesn't have to answer to shareholders. I've never owned a McFarlane Toys product, but just jumped in with their new DC Multiverse line that they took over from Mattel. The attention to detail is pretty impressive, and you get feel like you're getting good value for the price. I meant to only pickup some of the iconic Batman-related figures, but ended up getting most of the others as well.

He sucked me in with the Metal Gear Solid line a billion years ago. Before long I was buying Spawn figures & I had never read an issue of the comic. Back in the 90s they were the measuring stick of how awesome figures could be.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

He sucked me in with the Metal Gear Solid line a billion years ago.

Please, don't tell me this exists! I don't need anymore lines to tempt me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174008
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 45 queries.