Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 07:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

189 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canada Post Parcel Delivery Delays: A Star Wars Story  (Read 3024 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Canada Post Parcel Delivery Delays: A Star Wars Story
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »

I will try to help you as much as I can.

1- We have more parcels than christmas time;
2- We are short staffed because a lot of employees need to stay home for different reasons (stay with kids, those with health problems);
3- Facilities are the same size as before this pandemic, we dont have more docks to unload the stuff;
4- Since the major warehouses (Amazon, Best Buy and so on) are located in Mississauga, the Gateway sorting plant in Toronto have many vans that await to be unloaded (sorry, I don't know how man), here in Montrťal I heard that we had 350 vans waiting to be unloaded, with an average of 2000 parcels per van.

I'm just a postman, so I can only talk about the reality of my office that I see each day:
Some routes have like 150 parcels everyday, Most of our routes are evaluated at around 35 parcels/day. Our little Ford Transit can't hold much more parcels than that. Everyday we leave with what we have, it's ''clean floor'' when we leave. In christmas time, they offer overtime to deliver parcels after our shifts and on week-ends, at my office, management don't offer overtime to deliver parcels after our shifts or in the week-ends. A lot of us postman, again at my office, offered ourselves to do overtime, but it is refused. No more delivery guarantee so no need to rush to deliver.

Management don't care, so they don't feel the need to rush the delivery of these parcels and who the people blame for the delays, we the employee. It's a tactic that they excell in. Yes, we have a union, but believe me when I say that we the don't have the power to stop or delay the parcels, only management has. Don't believe me? You still are receiving flyers in your mailbox? We asked to stop them because it forced us to go every door and it was denied.

If your parcel don't move for a coupe of days, weeks for others, it means that it is still inside a van, and I fear that vans are not unloaded in a first come first served basis.

I also think that parcels from outside the country are not the corps priority, I haven't seen many parcels from the USA quite as often as I have to before this pandemic started.

I hope it helps and we hope, as you do, that management change his mind about the overtime (it helps me buy my toys too)....

I feel bad for the front line employees. I am curious, was a proper contract ever signed after the strike was forced to end?

Still no new contract. Arbitration ended in may I think with Canada Post begging the arbitrator that we deserve a salary less than the 2% raise they offered back in 2017. Decision supposed to drop on june 30

I see contract details were posted today/yesterday.

Yeah, parts of it. except for the raise, didn't get to look through it all. Sad part is that this bargain ends january 31st 2022, so not a big peace time.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 01:52:59 PM »

Just to let you know, I ordered five loose First Order Troopers from China on March 13.  I had just about given up on them, but today - there they were in my post box!  Thatís only four months+

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »

im still waiting on figures from the states. were shipped June 1st . glad to hear got the figures at least.
With Wookie Rage

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2020, 09:48:54 PM »

Just to let you know, I ordered five loose First Order Troopers from China on March 13.  I had just about given up on them, but today - there they were in my post box!  Thatís only four months+

Me too. It took like 4 months.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173866
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 223
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 189
Total: 193

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 44 queries.