Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2020, 08:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

268 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bad Batch  (Read 287 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
The Bad Batch
« on: July 14, 2020, 01:02:59 AM »

Well, looks like The Clone Wars lives on yet a little longer, in the form of a new animated show:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-bad-batch-series-announce

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: The Bad Batch
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 05:23:00 AM »

While I enjoyed the bad batch in the clone wars episodes I didn't think anyone was exactly clamoring for a series based on them. I could certainly think of other subject matter I'd rather see a series based on. I'll check it out at some point though it won't get me to resubscribe to disney+ on it's own.

I quit my subscription at the end of the mandalorian documentary series. Unfortunately my subscription ended at midnight as the final episode released so I missed that one. I wasn't going to pay for one more month to catch that last episode.

My daughter has now apparently outgrown Disney cartoons as she didn't watch the service at all over the 8 months I had it. And as much as I was enjoying some spider-man cartoons, they'll be there in the fall when the mandalorian returns. Definitely looking forward to more mandalorian and the other series they're working on.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:02:06 PM »

My daughter has now apparently outgrown Disney cartoons as she didn't watch the service at all over the 8 months I had it.

THIS. I keep telling my girls that I'm going to cancel, because they rarely watch anything on it. They're either watching stupid Youtube videos about candy food or some woman's adventures in Minecraft, or they're playing Roblox. Kids these days!

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 04:28:01 PM »

My daughter has now apparently outgrown Disney cartoons as she didn't watch the service at all over the 8 months I had it.

THIS. I keep telling my girls that I'm going to cancel, because they rarely watch anything on it. They're either watching stupid Youtube videos about candy food or some woman's adventures in Minecraft, or they're playing Roblox. Kids these days!

I know exactly what you mean.  I feel so sad that I can relate to it. :(

On Saturday, we were at the mall and I said, let's go to TRU and my daughter's like "NO.  I don't want to go!"  I'm like "You gotta be kidding me!  What 10 year old does not like Toys R Us!"
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 08:46:50 PM »

That's hilarious I can relate to both of you. My 11 year old watches YouTube (she has her favourite youtubers and looks forward to their video releases each week) all the time. They're all really annoying too.

And she also turned down a trip to TRU last year. I couldn't believe it. Only thing she'll look at at TRU now though is Harry Potter Lego, which is cool, but even mentioning that was like twisting her arm to go.

So to bring it back on topic... Disney+ is going to need some serious original content to get me back. Hopefully the SW series coming up are as good as the Mandalorian.

And they need to add the 1960s spider-man cartoon. WTF, why isn't that there. They seem to have all the crappier ones but I would love to watch the 60s one again. The 90s one is pretty great too though. Okay I'm back off topic again.... yeah, Go Bad Batch!  :happy0025:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 01:52:41 AM »

With all the delays in filming production across the industry, that's gotta put a damper on the amount of original content that was in the pipeline to come to Disney+ over the next couple of years.

As for Spidey '67, there's gotta be some rights issues holding it up somehow, that I'm sure have changed hands several times over the years.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 08:25:00 AM »

As for Spidey '67, there's gotta be some rights issues holding it up somehow, that I'm sure have changed hands several times over the years.
Yeah that's my guess. It came out on DVD years and years ago and is now a fortune to buy.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »

Same here. My 10yo and 12yo are past toys. It's a shame IMHO. Now, my 12yo spends most of her time on Roblox. And the 10yo watches YT videos. Arghhh. I dunno what to do to change that, it's an addiction...

So I keep my Disney+ subscription mostly for myself, for those Marvel and SW movies. But the offer is far from being interesting for my kids...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »

I'll lump Bad Batch in with Resistance & just assume I'd hate it. I won't bother watching it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173526
  • Total Topics: 14404
  • Online Today: 311
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 268
Total: 270

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 45 queries.