Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 11:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

200 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Product inspired by Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Available only at Toys"R"Us Canada  (Read 2274 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile

TRU is still pretty good for sending out flyers with this type of thing advertised, aren't they? I know I haven't heard or seen anything.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I don't remember where, but for some reason, I was under the impression the stuff will be online today and available in stores on Sept 3 but still nothing on TRU.ca. 

Can't remember where I read about that though.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

I don't remember where, but for some reason, I was under the impression the stuff will be online today and available in stores on Sept 3 but still nothing on TRU.ca. 

When it was first posted, it showed available in September. Now it shows coming soon.

:fett:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

On Instagram, @kylocollector confirmed this information: on toysrus.ca on September 1st and in store on September 3rd.

It's now safe to assume that will be made available at the same time on Sept. 3rd. It made no sense to me that the products would be available online prior to in stores, it would create a huge mess for nothing...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile

Is there a list of what all is going to be available? I'm guessing hondo and the other black series items and those build a droids? I'm curious about those. But is there anything else?

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I was at my local Toys R Us yesterday and spoke withe the manager. Currently, they have no release date nor do they currently have in their system any Galaxy's Edge SKU#s, and nothing in transit.  The only thing they had in-stock was the Lightsaber Workshop (some build your own lightsaber thingy).Nothing in their system that would be a $500+ Millennium Falcon.

Even on Toys R Us Canada's twitter feed mentions they do not know of a release date. The only thing they mention is middle to the end of September most likely.

https://mobile.twitter.com/toysruscanada/status/1296583060398510081
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 01:06:08 AM by IanToronto »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

The page is up and running now.

They have only 4 items in stock (build a droid figures). The rest is all « Coming soon ».

Good news: The BMFalcon is selling for 499.99$ and not 599.99$.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I was able to order the 4 droid depot sets around 5:30am today, they were said to be in stock, but now they say "Coming soon" like the rest of the gang in the Galactic Edge shop. Now all these four items in my order are indicated as "Processing".

Hope it means they really had them in stock and that my order will be met. But who knows? I don't have a lot of confidence in Toys'R'Us lately. They shipped me the Exclusive Lego Bespin Duel set and the package was literally crushed (no kidding, check my Instagram feed to see pictures of what I got in the mail:

Toys'R'Us Shipping Screw up for JediPatrick

That being said, I'm still struggling whether I should order the BMF once it becomes available. I do have the original BMF, but I like the ship and having another one with the different radar dish and figures could be interesting... anyway... I guess it depends what Hasbro has in store for us in their Haslab... and how much it'll cost us. I also fear that TRU will be shipping this huge monster without the shipping box... or in a badly poor slim box or package... if package there is. :/

Frank Herbert

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Hope it means they really had them in stock and that my order will be met. But who knows? I don't have a lot of confidence in Toys'R'Us lately. They shipped me the Exclusive Lego Bespin Duel set and the package was literally crushed (no kidding, check my Instagram feed to see pictures of what I got in the mail:

Toys'R'Us Shipping Screw up for JediPatrick

Wow!  They jammed it into a box like that?  Wow!
B/S/T list:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

Jedi Patrick, I got my Bespin from TRU and it was in mint.    Would yours of come out of a different warehouse? 
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

That being said, I'm still struggling whether I should order the BMF once it becomes available. I do have the original BMF, but I like the ship and having another one with the different radar dish and figures could be interesting... anyway... I guess it depends what Hasbro has in store for us in their Haslab... and how much it'll cost us. I also fear that TRU will be shipping this huge monster without the shipping box... or in a badly poor slim box or package... if package there is. :/

Honestly, this is one that I see TRU just slapping a new shipping label onto the shipping box.  These would come 1 per case on it's own.  How well the shipping box will hold up is an entirely different story.

My BS 6" Tie came from Walmart in the shipping carton and I think the BMF should ship that way too.
B/S/T list:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile

Guys, just wait for the BMF to show in the store and pick it up yourself there.  I wouldn't trust TRU to ship this thing intact to my home, no way. 

Get it in the store, it's not like it'll be flying off the shelves at that price. Better yet, have them bring one out from the storeroom where the box is less likely to have been kicked around by some little kid (because you know they've been putting that Slave1 on the bottom shelf where kids can easily touch it, crunch it up, kick it... so it's just as likely they put the BMF on that bottom shelf too). 

I saw those build-a-droids show up online at around 4:30am but man, couldn't bring myself to pay $15+tax for an astromech that's really worth only $7 tops. 

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Galaxy's Edge BMF is a super easy pass for me. I am happy with my proper Falcon with the round dish. Disney can keep their sequel trilogy rehash.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Jedi Patrick, I got my Bespin from TRU and it was in mint.    Would yours of come out of a different warehouse?

The problem was Canada Post. The package has been more than likely crushed by a larger package in the postman's truck. It's not a handling problem from TRU (Canada Post would have never accepted to take charge of a package with such damage, so it's obvious the damage occurred within Canada Post's responsability. But the poor packaging for such an exclusive collectible is also to blame: cardboard is thin and offer barely no protection... :-(

Nonetheless, I'm waiting for an answer from TRU's Custmer Service team They are taking my case very seriously, I've done quite a stir on their Facebook page and they're trying to find a resolution to this, trying to locate a replacement item (even though it's sold out Worldwide). We'll see what they can do...

Frank Herbert

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Honestly, this is one that I see TRU just slapping a new shipping label onto the shipping box.  These would come 1 per case on it's own.  How well the shipping box will hold up is an entirely different story.

Yes, that's what Target has done in the US, except for a few cases where some received the BMF with a shipping label directly on the product box... Lame...

Frank Herbert
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173862
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 234
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 200
Total: 201

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 45 queries.